Football Manager 2014 - New Features / Changes you would like to see

Just an idea which will probably need to be tweaked, When signing for a foreign club which you don't know the language, have most words in the foreign language, the longer you stay in that country the more words turn into your selected language. Being able to choose known languages at the beginning. Brings chance to spend manager money on language courses and similar things. Starting in England, wanting to go to Spain, so before going, take a few lessons then when you get there you can survive!

Would like to be able to select where my players shoot in the goal.

Would like to see the possibility of starting in a youth setup like U18s and working your way up.

Would like to see better interactions other with reporters other than "I don't want to talk about this" when choosing to respond to a comment.

Would like to be given the option to give player commands under the player interface in tactics, for example, I can choose for my winger to cross near post, but can't make my striker run near post. So along the lines of when crossed go near post etc.

Also, this is to do with match engine and doubt can be changed significantly but a smart player with good off the ball movement confusing defenders by running one way then the other.

And regens that arent all amazing. There are well too many regens that are like Ronaldo and Messi rolled into one.

Last edited:
1. Realistic Stadiums and before the game start the cameras zoom out on the stadiums
2. real boots
3. better team talks

Id like to see the implimentation of an iron man mode like in europa universalis 4 utilising the steam cloud to finally put to bed any doubts people have about tactics or achievements that people take screenshots of

Id like to see the implimentation of an iron man mode like in europa universalis 4 utilising the steam cloud to finally put to bed any doubts people have about tactics or achievements that people take screenshots of

What?

For free-kicks, I would like to be able to designate one player for crossing situations, according to his free-kick taking and crossing attributes, and another player to take them in shooting situations, based on his free-kicks rating and long range shooting ability. For example, James Ward-Prowse is now Southampton's designated crosser for free-kicks and corners - Rickie Lambert's aerial ability obviously makes him a target for Ward-Prowse's deliveries. But Lambert takes the free-kicks when there is a shot-on-goal to be had.

So having separate designations would enable you to choose whether you select the same player for both types of free-kick or to differentiate according to the situation and the specific attributes of individual players. The match engine already decides when to cross or when to shoot in any given free-kick situation, so I think this is achievable.

be cool if they added music/songs to FM but make sure there better then FIFA songs there shocking lol.

be cool if they added music/songs to FM but make sure there better then FIFA songs there shocking lol.

No. It would be the most pointless feature they'd ever add.

Unless they had a massive library of songs you'd get quick of hearing the same things over and over. FM isn't like Fifa where you play for a few matches and then turn it off, FM sessions can last hours and hours.

Plus, like I say everytime someone mentions this... You're on your computer, just play your own music that you actually like.

No. It would be the most pointless feature they'd ever add.

Unless they had a massive library of songs you'd get quick of hearing the same things over and over. FM isn't like Fifa where you play for a few matches and then turn it off, FM sessions can last hours and hours.

Plus, like I say everytime someone mentions this... You're on your computer, just play your own music that you actually like.

sorry just thought it be somin different.

It would be nice to see something where you can restore your saves ! Countless times I've deleted a save by accident and can't restore it :(

I need to see the "filter unrealistic transfers" button revamped and/or expanded to allow you to filter by wage demand.

As it is now, most of the players who are realistic transfers are way too expensive for a LLM and it's painstakingly slow to click every player to see what his wage demand is.

Foreground text linked to shirt number colour. That means reduced chances of unreadable colour combinations.

I simply adore this game BUT I have a feeling that developers have a motto that goes something like this:
"What can we possibly do less and make it like we did something big?"

Don't get me wrong but for some years we try fans of FM(playing since 2001) have requested some features that developers simply can't or won't do. Why is that? Do they read this?

FM didn't change for a long time and when they introduce a new FM at the end of the year I have a feeling that am playing a new/bigger patch. I want changes that we all are talking about, if they change interface and call it new FM because of it then I must admit am really disappointed. Not only that it's simply not fair. I won't name all changes but we all know what they are, we can see it again and again on different threads and the ones even a few years back. So please, for the sake of this beautiful franchise DO SOMETHING, make changes.

They read the SI wishlist. Where do you think things like add/remove leagues on the fly came from?

This year they discussed 1500 features. They actively post in the wishlist thread. Look at the twitter feed for each of the new changes that occur.

The one thing you cant accuse SI of is not listening. I'd honestly like to see if you can find many devs who engage as much as they do. Listening isnt the same as do everything the fan wants, sometimes the ideas people want are rubbish in truth.

If you are saying FM didn't change for a long time, I have to ask how much you watch the detail, because there is nearly always a difference in one area or another.

Last edited:
Having said that. FM14 is two months or so away. This thread is moot.

Not sure if this have been bought up before however the user interface during the matches have changed since FM 2013 and I find it hard to adjust to.

Would be great if FM can just stick to the old interface likes the 2012 and before.

Anyone thinks the same?

The ability to direct Dof & HoyD to look for players of certain positions or from certain countries, just to stem the flow of totally random signing they keep trying to make in positions I am already strong in.

And talking of DoF, what a waste of time they are currently.
When I give him a player to sell and I have set the minimum price I am willing to accept, why does he ignore it?.
Example: Michael Dawson asked for transfer as he wanted a fresh challenge, he'd had a good season, he was happy.
My usual % mark up put him at around 10 million which I set in his transfer screen. I added him to the unwanted list for the DoF to handle and set minimum price at 10 million. City came with a bid of 4.5 million which the DoF accepted...WTF?
When I looked at Dawsons transfer screen it seems the DoF and reset it to 4.5 million. (his current value)
I cancelled the deal, handled the transfer myself and sold him to Liverpool for 10.5 million.

Option at the game setup to disallow any purchase and sale during the first transfer window, not just transfer budget set to 0.