Football Manager 2014 - New Features / Changes you would like to see

- Undisclosed transfers. I miss this.
- Public / private offers. Or at least being able to get "major interest" easier as AI have an advantage.
- Going to the FA to complain about referee performances and seeing them being banned when needed.
- More contract talks - more performance based emphasis. Most contracts are NOT fixed IRL.
- Fair transfer fees. Defenders, youngsters, etc. going for x5-10-15-20 their value is b/s.
- Going through sponsorships and other contracts like branding, etc. if possible (due to copyright?).
- More emphasis on height and weight. Tall players have stats which are far too overrated.
- Better coaches! There aren't as many world-class coaches when in reality there is plenty out there.
- Realistic transfer budgets. We know teams like Tottenham will have nothing to spend but FM will give them 10m, they will buy someone, and one of their new players won't get a game and move in 12 months time not having played (e.g. Chadli).

I don't know if this has been said, but I would like to see more stars coming from lower leagues. For exemple, guys like Ricky Lambert or Chris Smallings. Plus, more players developping from lower leagues stars to premier league stars. IRL some players develop later in their career.

Yes to manager wages being on hall of fame list, but that's it.
I stand to be corrected but how many top flight managers or any managers actually use their own money to buy players?

Derby game press conferences IE: Arsenal v spurs, Man C v Man U. Same questions over and over again about the game being heated, tempers flaring etc etc. Needs more verity.

And yes you guessed it, I wanna see the managers. I'm not asking for a whole character creator, just a simple sprite
A sprite that reacts to shouts I give. Such as 'play narrower' so then the manager goes to his technical area does a gesture that indicates play narrower. This way the more eagle eyed can spot what the oppositions manager has told his players to do.
Adding to that when players are complacent or uninterested I can just go stand in the technical area and give players 'THE LOOK'
or something like that..

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been suggested and probably too late anyway.

But I'd love to see benefits for playing overseas tours. Arsenal just announced a sponsorship with Bodog based on their Asia tour success. Would love to schedule a tour or two in game and have the possibility of gaining an extra sponsor.

The match animation settings allow you to turn the sound on/off - but I would prefer a slider, please.

I play on an iMac using the window tile option and also run other media such as iTunes, YouTube and BBC iPlayer at the same time. A slider would enable me to achieve the right mix so that I can listen to the Guardian Football Weekly podcast, say, through iTunes with a low but still audible undercurrent of the crowd noises from my ongoing FM match - rather than the two sources clashing with one another so I have to turn the game sound off altogether.

Why after most games you do badly in do your players go to the press talking about your team talks when this rarely if ever happens in real life?

I would really like to see a proper system for testimonials. If a player has been at a club for ten years or is just a legend of the club you should have an option to have a match in their honor (like Gerrard, Carragher and Ferdinand have recently). Ideally, it'd be great if you could hand pick a "Select XI" team, inviting certain players from other teams (former team mates etc) to take part... at the very least, just invite a club to be the opposition and make a thing of it.

There has to be a huge emphasis on finances imo, especially Championship down to emulate FFP and the struggle most teams will have. Also widening the gap between prem and champ.

Choose a birth place for your manager,
Choose if you want to have the new signings or start with the squad that the club had at the start of the transfer window (so its realistic),
Choose more than 2 nationalities for your manager,
Option to retire for a year then come back, like Pep Guardiola did last year.

Choose a birth place for your manager,
Choose if you want to have the new signings or start with the squad that the club had at the start of the transfer window (so its realistic),
Choose more than 2 nationalities for your manager,
Option to retire for a year then come back, like Pep Guardiola did last year.

just tick first window budgets off for the signings or the squad thing, never do it personally but I'm sure you don't get a budget. As for the year break just resign and holiday for a year

just tick first window budgets off for the signings or the squad thing, never do it personally but I'm sure you don't get a budget. As for the year break just resign and holiday for a year

yeah but the clubs are still gonna have the signings that at that point in time they shouldn't have, if you wanted to sign Jovetic for example, hes already gonna be at City at the start of the window, even though in real life he would still be at Fiorentina, so you could sign him for example for Arsenal.

Bring back the old match day overview screen that was not in fm 2013. I'm an old school champ man/fm gamer and like to use the retro and previously used layout. :)

Testimonials - Would it not be a great thing to see your loyal players have some of his favoured personnel - both young, old and retired together - personally, it would be amazing to see some of the retired players comeback and you could see arguably the worst physical stats ever whilst keeping the great mental and some of the technical, but more importantlyits the sentimental aspect of it

1 - TV style Cup draws
2 - Proper celebrations when winning trophies or promotion. ie. Presentation of trophy.
3 - When having won a Championship title for example, trying to buy higher rated players is impossible until the season dates restart. It would be good if it recognised straight away that your team would be playing in a higher division the next season thus making it easier to attract better calibre players.

i dont know whether other people have mentioned it but i would like to see the financial fair play rules brought into the game. it will force everyone to be a bit more careful with there money and force AI managers to bring through youth properly which there are awful at

The game should stop cheating us with injuries. I've been spending a huge amount of my life playing this game. We need a fair game. I can understand if players get injured on the pitch in a realistic way. I don't want any advise on training or fitness and all that ****. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand that this injury thing is an "intentional ****" by the game.

The game should stop cheating us with injuries. I've been spending a huge amount of my life playing this game. We need a fair game. I can understand if players get injured on the pitch in a realistic way. I don't want any advise on training or fitness and all that ****. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand that this injury thing is an "intentional ****" by the game.

It's a game... It has no agenda. The game just inputs variables and outputs results - it's not out to get you.

It's a game... It has no agenda. The game just inputs variables and outputs results - it's not out to get you.

Ohh comeon, the game definitely has a dirty agenda, no doubt. My team Espanyol were dominating at Sevilla, fantastic football, total domination, suddenly my DM Etienne Capoue forgot what he was doing, he just stood there with the ball, doing nothing, like that, which allowed a Sevilla player to get the ball, then bang, ran in to the box, pass to Negredo, a clear strike from outside the box, goal!!! for Sevilla. We lost the game 1-0. When you see things like this + the unbelievable "months" injuries, you feel like being cheated by the game itself. I can predict what is going to happen when I see certain things in the game these days.

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but it would be cool if they added an animation into the match engine where a player could lose his footing and slip. It's a common occurrence and would add some realism, weather conditions would also affect this.