Franjo: A Journeyman Story (New Episode Every Week Day)

• Thread starter Thread starter WTFranjo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 75K
Santos and Vasco forming a partnership. You sure you're in South Africa?

Hurley, what a true gent.

Those two youth players look really good, to be fair. How many stars PA according to your scouts? Shame about the midfielder's Determination...

That’s what i thought! :D expecting to run into Botafogo (SAF) at some point.

Old Thembinkosi Maluka, who I absolutely will give a nickname to if he ever becomes a regular player because **** that, 4-5 star potential, Luke Fanteni has 3.5-4.5, but as you say it’s a shame about his determination. I might have brushed that off at Katowice but now that I’m surrounded by lack of determination it’s the easiest way to get onto my transfer list.

Edit: Can sadly confirm that there is no Botafogo (SAF) but there are 2 teams called Future Tigers and Young Tigers n im not sure what the difference is

Last edited:
Top drawer Of Mice and Men reference at the end there. Brings back horrifying memories of English Lit GCSE.

That second Liechtenstein match was quite a good read. Must be so frustrating for the two or three genuinely talented players to be surrounded by such pigshit...

Looking forward to the close season, though not as much as you, I'm sure... must be getting incredibly disheartening to constantly see your team fight for 70 minutes to keep it at 1-0, even go close a few times to equalising, only to fold to an inevitable 3-0 in the end.

Haha I also read it in GCSE English I think, brilliant book to be fair.

Yeah that’s the thing with this team, we do have a few players of genuine quality but just not enough of them. I think our best hope might be to take over a Swiss club, build their facilities up to the point where they have incredible youngsters coming through, oversaturate the pool of Swiss youngsters and wait for them to get fed up waiting for an International call up and settle for us instead. Bit too long term for this story though :D

Yeah it is frustrating to be honest, and I’m well aware that a huge gap has grown between us, the teams above us and the teams in the relegation zone, which leaves us pretty stranded with not much to play for.

But hey, after Poland, perhaps a season of lower-mid-table obscurity is just what the doctor ordered. Something to build on for next season, at the very least, if you're able to have a productive summer.

Enjoyed the Pulis reference, btw. Haha.

Also, it occurs to me that you might be a solar-powered robot. Bad times in chilly Sweden and Poland, good times in sunny Portugal and (hopefully) South Africa...

Last edited:
Shaun Bartlett was a striker. Hashtag just saying.

Great win there, and delighted for Ernie and Ek-Hurley-walla.

****** **** you’re right haha, cheers for that I’ll edit it in

Yeah they’re all starting to impress! Once again the young uns show everyone else how it’s done

Safety! Well done mate, that's a good result for the season. Here's hoping a few players put a shift in over the last few games, since presumably they'll be out on their arses if they don't impress...

Cheers bud! Let’s hope, but to be fair I know a few that I want rid of already :P

looking forward to see the changes come summer. feels like you are just bumbling on until the end of the season!

I'll eat a chocolate but I'm still not getting "festive", whatever the **** that means.

Good end to the season, though. Also, bravo on the West Brom dig. Shitbags.

Holy **** - imagine how many key passes Ek-Hurley-walla would make if he had the whole season!

And finally - fair play for being so magnanimous about GSK's successes this year. Sometimes a club and manager just aren't the right fit at the right time. **** happens, we move on.

Was gonna say there must be some poachable players at GSK or Angrense but then I remembered the crazy work permit rules in South Africa...

Re your points:

- Bah Humbug
- I’ve no actual problem with WBA but that dig seemed to suit them :P
- This is the big one for me and maybe I haven’t made a big enough deal about it in the review, but for Ekwalla to make that many key passes in not even a full season is ****** frightening, he’s such a quality player
- Absolutely, go GieKSa :)
- Yeah i’ve given up on getting any non-Internationals, they’ve got to be at least youth internationals to stand a chance of joining

cheers bud!

Hey Franjo, just have to say how much i'm enjoying this save. I've seen a few of these stories before but never been into one like I am with this. I fell in love with Hollviken and was gutted when you left.

You make star wars references frequently too, which just makes it even better.

And then you went and signed 'the scottish cafu'! From a Villa fan, that's a BIG plus!

Keep it up man, loving it.

Back