Franjo: A Journeyman Story (New Episode Every Week Day)

• Thread starter Thread starter WTFranjo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 75K
Liechtenstein's last two qualifying campaigns in real life: P20 W1 D2 L17 GF3 GA65. I wouldn't feel too bad. If you ever manage to win a match with that side then you'll genuinely go down as one of the best managers in their history.

****** **** mate, talk about ringing the changes... that must be half your flipping squad gone! Fingers crossed on those last few work permit decisions. To be fair I can totally understand why you've gone for such a massive overhaul, just hope all the changes don't cause your tactical familiarity to plummet. Hopefully all those positive personalities in the new-look squad will gel reasonably fast.

EURGH, England 0-0 Algeria... that was utterly, utterly abject.

How does it feel to be the only person posting on the FM2017 story forum? :D

As for the matches... ****. I'm genuinely surprised that Aidir signed too. Not surprised he got a work permit, I'm just surprised a player of his talent isn't aiming higher - I would genuinely be excited by those stats, at his age, if I had him at a top level club. I foresee big things for him this season.

Last minute winners though. Gahhhhh. Hopefully Sohna will sort out the lack of concentration in your defence with his lovely Driven personality. I always particularly enjoy that personality since I recall it's the same one Roy Keane had when he was on previous FM games.

Haha to be honest mate I was worried that when FM18 came out everyone would stop reading in favour of stories on the new game, but I’ve been really pleasantly surprised by how few people have stopped reading! So on that note cheers to you and everyone else that’s still reading every day :)

The way this story’s going I’ve got no intention of stopping writing it anytime soon, I still want to manage in all the top leagues and I’ve not even bought FM18 yet!

In terms of the matches, I reckon there were enough positives to come out of the 2 of them that I’m not really that upset by them. Aidir’s first goal especially (I’d recommend watching it on the Highlights as it’s a ****** good finish) was a big, big plus and I too think he’ll have a very good season.

100% agree about the driven personality! One of my favourites, especially on a player that young. It’s one of the main reasons I’m not worried by his lack of any technical skill whatsoever because a driven player will make sure they improve and when he does he could really be special.

T'was indeed a cracking finish by Aidir. And good to know there's plenty left in the tank. I enjoy the more narrative style to this story. Makes me care about individual matches and players more than I do in other stories.

Well damned if that wasn't the best, most feel-good episode in a long while. And here I was expecting the international break to be as awful as it is in real life!

Congrats mate, I think you're officially Liechtenstein's finest ever manager.

How does it feel to be the only person posting on the FM2017 story forum? :D

lol - not quite!! I only buy FM every other year so skipping FM18 and mine is the first story I've properly got into and want to finish so I think I'll be here for the duration too!! It's got past the stage where I care whether anyone's reading it anymore...I just have to finish it!!!

the worst thing is I've been thinking of all sorts of other stories/challenges I want to do at the same time!!

@Sammuthegreat Hahaha cheers mate, the best thing is that I think you might be right, 2 wins surely puts me in contention to be ... King... of Liechtenstein? Not sure what they have.

@Edd1920 Well that’s at least 2 of us keeping the forum alive then :P I’m completely with you, once you’re in so far you can’t leave something like this unfinished

Results pic for the 2nd match is wrong mate

Otherwise... Top stuff! Looks like the summer overhaul has really done the trick. That's four wins on the trot for you as manager - did you ever manage that even at Angrense?

Oops! Spoiler :P cheers mate. I’m not sure to be honest, but surely we managed it at Angrense!

Back