Franjo: A Journeyman Story (New Episode Every Week Day)

• Thread starter Thread starter WTFranjo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 75K
Well it won't be the England job, then... Belgium? Portugal? Both seemed to underachieve...

Mwahaha all will be revealed. I actually ****** up in Rue des Carrières pt 1 saying the guy had retired, he’s actually joined someone else

Oh my, what a fantastic set of squad number changes!

Heh.

You mentioned no new kits - I hadn't actually realised you'd been doing that before. That's something I've always wanted to do in my games, though I've never figured out how to import them.

I'm calling it now - Fabian McCarthy. 19 years old. Already good passing, pace, composure, decisions, teamwork and vision. Fantastic technique. He's your next Aidir. I can feel it in my waters. I see 8-figure offers for him this time next season. Definitely looks a big step up from Joel, much as I love the guy.

Odd request - any chance you could attach a screencap of that PSG player, Ramiro Rolón Martinez? I have a huge soft spot for Argentinian regens in FM for some reason. Good luck writing that random request into the story, haha. As a Spurs fan as well, I'm intrigued to see so many new names in their team, but... yeah, don't worry about screencapping their whole side or the floodgates will no doubt open.

I love that Ajaccio's manager is called Oliver Trousers.

FRANCE?! Holy *****, that's a bit of a turnup for the books. Wenger winning the World Cup and then going to City? What is going on.

Good to have you back mate!

@sammu Ha I knew there’d be an outpouring of support for those changes!

yeah mate, I’ve been making them for a few years. Since Katowice I think? I didn’t make the Auxerre shirt we have atm though that’s their real life one. I take it as a compliment that you assumed my designs were just part of the game :D

on importing them, i make them in smart shirt designed 2 (i think its called) and then just stick them in the graphics folder and make an xml to tie them to the club’s ID, or edit the existing xml if you have kits loaded already. Its easier than I’m making it sound, google is your friend!

I know what you mean about McCarthy, he looks strong as ****. I do wonder whether joël can make this step up but hopefully he’ll prove me wrong for the 3rd consecutive season

and yep, I was going to make some kind of joke in rue des carrières about wenger going to city being a ridiculous move but in the context of this save, he’s won the premier league with arsenal 3 times in a row, jumped over to france and won a world cup, so why the ****** **** not!

@battman thanks bud! Good to be back once again and I too am looking forward to it! It best not be another Katowice though, I’m serious...

@sammu just realised i skipped a whole paragraph of yours there. Challenge accepted, I bet I can work the guy into tomorrow’s episode!

and yeah I didn’t really know what to do about that spurs side, I wasn’t sure where to start they’re just so different! To be fair I’m pretty sure they played a mostly reserve team anyway because they still have a lot of big names

Hey guys! Had a bit of a hiatus myself, just caught up on a month's worth!

So excited to see how you get on this season, I have an optimistic feeling about it! The squad seems strong and settled!

Wow! France?!! What a job that is, congrats!! Not a bad wage either... Maybe upgrade the apartment to a penthouse..? :P

So I guess your name's Franco now. Hopefully you can get used to the change.

Nice little segue into my mate Ramiro Rolón Martinez. Didn't even notice, it was so seamless. Ha!

Great result first up. In the chase for Europe already!

@sammu I thought it was pretty smooth :P pleased with that

@battman cheers mate! I’m always a bit nervous about new types of mini-sodes and I thought that one might be a bit too sketchy, so awesome to know you enjoyed it so much

I'd say in terms of predicted points, you're exactly where you'd probably expect to be. You've not dropped any points you were expected to pick up. And in goal difference terms, it could've been a LOT worse.

Just hope Foden is OK!

Oh, and I've ****** up on the U19s front before on plenty of occasions. Easily done. The calendar isn't exactly front and centre on FM games!

Yeah I know what you mean and I’m happy we’ve at least got a win on the board. It’s disappointing to lose them both by a single goal though, especially Marseille when Sissako and Aidir both shot straight at the keeper from 10 ****** yards out..

Re the U19’s, spoiler alert it’s not the last time that happens :D they play on a sunday so whenever our matches are moved to sunday there’s a good chance I’ll **** it up

I have made that mistake more than once with the youth team games. It wouldn't be so damning if we didn't get an email specifically saying that if they are left available they cannot play, I just always seem to miss it haha!

Solid start I reckon like Sam said, you weren't expected to take any points from those games and I would take heart that they were relatively even games against 2 of the bigger teams in the league.

It’s a ******* isn’t it, there should be a big red text box that comes up saying “ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT YOUR ENTIRE BENCH TO **** OFF A COUPLE OF HOURS BEFORE A LEAGUE MATCH?”

Yeah I’ll join you on that perspective. From those 3 matches I would’ve wanted 1 (Pessimistic) to 4 (Optimistic) points beforehand so it’s not the end of the world considering the performances

Back