Frank de Boer - 4-3-3 (3 Strikers) tactic - Dominate, score and win!

Reaction score

Frank de Boer - 4-3-3 Formation (3 strikers) - By Koen/ChristianEriksen

I've posted this tactic on a Dutch FM site (Managers United) a few weeks ago. Now it's time to post in on FM Base because I've updated the tactics a couple of times and it become very strong ones.

I hope you enjoy some success with this tactic. This tactic can be used for subtop and top teams. This tactic isn't tested with lower league teams so you maybe could test this for me. You need to give the tactic some time to become fluid and get your players used to the tactic, like a 3 to 5 months.

=======================================================================================

The 4-3-3 (3 strikers) tactic

2.0 FdB - 3 Spitsen Tactic - By Koen.tac (Mediafire)
Zippyshare.com - 2.0 FdB - 3 Spitsen Tactic - By Koen.tac (Zippyshare)

=======================================================================================

This is the formation.

naamloosgi.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some results.

AFC AJAX
Version 2.0

View attachment 352527 View attachment 352528 View attachment 352529 View attachment 352530

(Yup, this is in 2016, but i'm using default squad & first season using this tactic)
Won: Every single title. I lost this season only 1 game. (!!)
57 Games played: 53 Won / 3 Draws / 1 Lost

================================================================================

BORUSSIA DORTMUND
(First 2 matches became a draw, because tactic wasn't fluid)

Version 1.0 used (!) - 2.0 is much way better !

View attachment 352521 View attachment 352523 View attachment 352524 View attachment 352525

================================================================================

MANCHESTER CITY
(Results are from another dutch FM manager) Version 2.0

View attachment 351938 View attachment 351939 View attachment 351940 View attachment 351944

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benefits of the tactic

- With this tactic you will dominate most of your games, home and away.
- High pressure because you will get the ball quickly back in possession.
- Strong in standard situations.

Tactics help
- Speech Team before the game: ''I expect a victory.''
- I play with standard pitch size.
- Instructions opponent, let do my assistant.
- Team Training is on 'balanced' (average) and preparatory training, I let my assistant do that.
- I do not use shouts.

Good luck and I wish you all the best with this tactic! :wub:

Last edited:
In the first tactic do you use left foot on left wing, right foot on the right wing or the other way around?

In the first tactic do you use left foot on left wing, right foot on the right wing or the other way around?

I use best wingers for each position. I do not look at right or left foot at a side!

Nice job, 1 question though:

What do you mean with: Team Training is on 'automatic grinding' (average)

PS: I am dutch as well, so if it's a translation thing, just type it in Dutch :)

Gave it a try with Liverpool. First game I beat a good Tottenham team 3-1 (they had a dodgy pen), I was very impressed with the high pressing of the ball.

Nice job, 1 question though:

What do you mean with: Team Training is on 'automatic grinding' (average)

PS: I am dutch as well, so if it's a translation thing, just type it in Dutch :)

Lol, haha. Het is inderdaad een translation machine. Ik bedoel daar 'gebalanceerd' mee.
Heb het even in de OP aangepast naar 'balanced'.

When do you advise using the 3 strikers tactic instead of the other one?

Aha!

Thanks for the explanation and change :)

Sorry for the Dutch to everyone else

When do you advise using the 3 strikers tactic instead of the other one?

Yeah, well I don't made the 4-3-3 strikers because of problems with the normal 4-3-3. Because there weren't problems. I don't have an explanation of using which tactic. Use which tactic fits to your team. Do you have strong wingers, use the normal 4-3-3. But I do like the 4-3-3 (3 strikers) a lot more.

Hi, Am struggling to download via mediashare and keep getting errors, can you upload somewhere else?

looks very interesting ! gonna give it a go, do you want a specific team to test with ? I'd probably try the 4123 as it's something I never use due to exploited wings.

hey, can you tell us which lineup you use with roma? and what type of player do you think best suited for the striker and winger to get the best out of tactic

thanks

What kind of players would you recommend for the 3 striker system?

Is there a lack of width with the 3 strikers? Or a gap between midfield and attack