Frankenstein Tactic 3-2-3-2

• Thread starter Thread starter bwomper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 281K
Yeah I start the season. 0-3 win away vrs Hercules and 2-1 lost vrs Barcelona away in supercup.

**** your youngers look awesome...Im a season behind you (2016/2017) so my younger arent ready,I send on loan a few.

Yeah I start the season. 0-3 win away vrs Hercules and 2-1 lost vrs Barcelona away in supercup.

**** your youngers look awesome...Im a season behind you (2016/2017) so my younger arent ready,I send on loan a few.

Did you try the tweak?

I'm currently bidding on Rabiot french midfielder - do you think he's worth it I can get him if I want, but he's expensive so what you think?

My youth are strong a mixture of a great youth department and then the possibility to give them 1st team football at teams like Brondby - Heracles - Estoril etc

When its not french players I try as much as I can to make it Spanish :)

Did you try the tweak?

I'm currently bidding on Rabiot french midfielder - do you think he's worth it I can get him if I want, but he's expensive so what you think?

My youth are strong a mixture of a great youth department and then the possibility to give them 1st team football at teams like Brondby - Heracles - Estoril etc

When its not french players I try as much as I can to make it Spanish :)
yeah Im playing with the tweak. I will post here my first 3 official games with it.

I have Rabiot in my team. Not as starter,but its a very good player and do it well like CD too. Last season was in Girondins and he was the best younger of league 1

How do you feel about it?

I reckon their is good and bad things to say about this - I'm thinking maybe to tone it down so its only the amc that will behave more direct in his passes than anyone else - any thoughts mate?
Its still nice to see but vs barcelona for example a lot of passes go to the rival,I lose the ball more quickly. Give more direct passes to the AMC than the others? I think the direct style is good like this,with more direct pass from AMC/R/L and the strikers.Or make the midfield 3 (AMC and the 2 DM) with more short pass leaving the 4 of the front with direct style. ( Maybe in that way we keep more possesion or at least if we lose the ball is better to lose it in the rival box ) Dont konow,still to many options and configurations. Other think...is usefull to put players in "targetman" and "cerebro" boxes? I never uses playmakers option in classic mode of tactics.

The Frankenstein - 10+ Home & Away

Definitely happy with this one! - I tried to create a modification that was all about direct passing, but I never seemed to make it perfect so I thought to myself what can I then do - I was watching matches on comprehensive highligts in order to get to the above result. Alot of changes has been made, but its still a modification off the original Frankenstein, but in my opinion miles better. I claim you will score 10+ goals home and away yes, but not every match.

This tactic you should see:

Average possesion - so not as dominant with the passes
Many chances just like previous versions - But more dangerous
Creative central defender - the defender in the middle between DCR & DCL
Strikers that don't cut in - they now seem more dangerous
Strikers that have a withdrawn mentality compared to previous versions - to connect better with the midfield and get more space dribbling past opponent defender.
Strikers will score many goals
Wingers/IF's that think of alternative solutions in their attacking game(High Creative Freedom)
Attacking midfielder with more direct passes

As always you should have a top team or even better than top team for this tactic to blossom. I'm RMA and see Bale playing Fantastic on the left and Hazard on the right. Its a big crisis for James Rodriguez because everyone plays amazing - Isco is a beast in the AMC position so no room for James! - Maupay (SCL) & Ongenda (SCR) is amazing. I have a regent central defender named Corrales he's a creative defender and he have beaten David Luiz to this position - the same on the DCR where Dede usually is the best of the best, but my dear favourite defender Kurt Zouma is above anyone but Varane. Kondogbia amazing DMCR he's very good at jumping and seems to be a very valuable skill for the dm's along with strenght ofcause. I'm gonna get rid of pogba and probably also koke slowly because now I want physical stuff to dominate the midfield.

View attachment 308974 View attachment 308973

All I can say is I hope you will see the same success as I see - I believe strongly about this one

Cheers & goodluck!

The Frankenstein - 10+ Home & Away

Definitely happy with this one! - I tried to create a modification that was all about direct passing, but I never seemed to make it perfect so I thought to myself what can I then do - I was watching matches on comprehensive highligts in order to get to the above result. Alot of changes has been made, but its still a modification off the original Frankenstein, but in my opinion miles better. I claim you will score 10+ goals home and away yes, but not every match.

This tactic you should see:

Average possesion - so not as dominant with the passes
Many chances just like previous versions - But more dangerous
Creative central defender - the defender in the middle between DCR & DCL
Strikers that don't cut in - they now seem more dangerous
Strikers that have a withdrawn mentality compared to previous versions - to connect better with the midfield and get more space dribbling past opponent defender.
Strikers will score many goals
Wingers/IF's that think of alternative solutions in their attacking game(High Creative Freedom)
Attacking midfielder with more direct passes

As always you should have a top team or even better than top team for this tactic to blossom. I'm RMA and see Bale playing Fantastic on the left and Hazard on the right. Its a big crisis for James Rodriguez because everyone plays amazing - Isco is a beast in the AMC position so no room for James! - Maupay (SCL) & Ongenda (SCR) is amazing. I have a regent central defender named Corrales he's a creative defender and he have beaten David Luiz to this position - the same on the DCR where Dede usually is the best of the best, but my dear favourite defender Kurt Zouma is above anyone but Varane. Kondogbia amazing DMCR he's very good at jumping and seems to be a very valuable skill for the dm's along with strenght ofcause. I'm gonna get rid of pogba and probably also koke slowly because now I want physical stuff to dominate the midfield.

View attachment 752919 View attachment 752921

All I can say is I hope you will see the same success as I see - I believe strongly about this one

Cheers & goodluck!
AWESOME performance mate,hope I can do it like yo did. So you recomend left footed on the left.etc? and you quit the swap between strikers too? I will change to that version and see how it goes,cheers mate and thank you for the nice work!

I just finished season with R.Madrid using 2nd visit tactic.. Scored most goals in league with this tactic. Lost only 1 game all season was CL Final to Man Utd, did have Isco sent off though. All in all, very pleasurable to watch the games as it looks brilliant. SS of league and about last half of season fixtures.

View attachment 308918 View attachment 308917

AWESOME performance mate,hope I can do it like yo did. So you recomend left footed on the left.etc? and you quit the swap between strikers too? I will change to that version and see how it goes,cheers mate and thank you for the nice work!

Striker swap is still there (not a fan of it) though it might be a good setting - for me Bale perform better on the left than he does on the right and I actually prefer Hazard on the left as well. I like Ocampos on the right and Rodriguez on the right. So Bale is the only one yet I enjoy on the left more than anyone. I think hazard is right footed and perform nicely on the left as well so its really a grey area. Tell me how it goes mate.

Cheers

I just finished season with R.Madrid using 2nd visit tactic.. Scored most goals in league with this tactic. Lost only 1 game all season was CL Final to Man Utd, did have Isco sent off though. All in all, very pleasurable to watch the games as it looks brilliant. SS of league and about last half of season fixtures.

View attachment 753085 View attachment 753088

I think that's fantastic - I see some of the players you use Berisha and the goalie scuffet I sent on loan so even more fantastic.

Cheers mate

UPDATE...

I think the above tactic has some really good things and some bad things as well - for now I unfortunately will say its a fail.
Strikers shouldn't cut in they should be normal I see my strikers often score 3-4 goals on normal so that I recommend to change in the 2nd visit or even Frankenstein Final version. I apoligize if it sounded to good to be true - I mean its still a good version but for some reason it has hickups and I cannot get wise on why these hickups persist.

For now I recommend...2nd visit with the small striker modification that I described.

Cheers

Ok...so wanted to try 2nd visit with real players...got Real job in middle of 2013-14 season on old save:

Table at time of taking job v table at end of season. Didnt win the league but won everything else

View attachment 308600 View attachment 308598

I bought a lot of players in Jan. really stupid of me, forgot they couldn't be registered for CL but still won it sometimes playing with 3 or 4 B team/U19 players

Team before Jan window (many of these were sold) and Jan window transfers (Yum YUM YUM)

View attachment 308595 View attachment 308594

This probably lead to my squad being not so well team cohesion. but still did well in league. end of year stats, players and fixtures:
View attachment 308593 View attachment 308591 View attachment 308588 View attachment 308587

2nd season
Now we are talking. Bale, hazard, Di maria, Gotze, Ozil, Aguero wow wow wow. Unfortunately, things did not start well and I lost almost all of these together for 2-3 months. sometimes I had to field a regen as striker, Benzema on left wing, Vidal as AM. But still persisted and end of season was very good. Wonderful scoring record, won everything except for CL (got knocked out in knockout round of 16).

some points:
1. Ronaldo as striker in insane. he also had a lot of assists which is surprising given his teamwork. Always would recommend playing him as striker
2. Disappointed with Aguero, seems weak and it also seems that this tactic favors strong type striker rather than small agile ones
3. played with inverted wingers, Bale was awesome on right wing and on left I had problems as hazard got injured twice, so cant decide who is best there but 1 goal in 2 games average for inside forwards is very good
4. for second season I chose defender on near post so ronaldo got less goals otherwise he would have around 70. Dede scored 21 league goals - 3rd highest!
5. Also about corners, I think it doesn't matter anymore if its in-swinging or out-swinging I scored a lot of goals with out-swingers
6. Javi Martinez rocks as a DM. not the quickest or the most creative but he had a lot of assists and got good goals. Vidal is great all rounder but gets sent off a lot

League table, overall season, squad stats, fixtures
View attachment 308583 View attachment 308582
View attachment 308581 View attachment 308580
View attachment 308579 View attachment 308578

for third season I'll persist with most of the same squad, maybe 1 regen. I wanted to check wingers v inverted wingers but given that I couldnt field my best attacking midfield for around a third of the season any comparison would be unreliable.

Last edited:
Some results with the latest tweak from jesaustralia

View attachment 308433

Things I like of this tactic :

-The IF acting more like AP so is a litle bit better left footed in left side and right in right side. Score and assist very often.
-More space for the strikers. More good first touch combinations between the midfielders and the strikers. The strikers score more often than Wife for example.
-Nice and dangerous long passes from the DM,IF and CD
-The AMC possition is the playmaker in action (not using playmaker option). You can see the AMC playing the ball from the defencen,dribbiling searching a good pass or to score. With more direct passes is more important less possesion with danger than more losing time.

Things I dont like :

-The DMs care less about defense,so if you lose the ball in the rival box you look counter attacks with the only "wall" of your 3 CD. (It doesnt mean the rival score always of course)
-Its like the CD are a little distracted. Its just a sensation I think lol

Well,I think this tactic is at least so valuable like Final Version or 2nd Visit (Make the striker dont cut inside just play normal )
Maybe conceed more goals,but the play is more direct,and its funny to see to.

Again,a good work from jesaustralia. cheers mate!

Champion7891 Said:

some points:
1. Ronaldo as striker in insane. he also had a lot of assists which is surprising given his teamwork. Always would recommend playing him as striker
2. Disappointed with Aguero, seems weak and it also seems that this tactic favors strong type striker rather than small agile ones
3. played with inverted wingers, Bale was awesome on right wing and on left I had problems as hazard got injured twice, so cant decide who is best there but 1 goal in 2 games average for inside forwards is very good
4. for second season I chose defender on near post so ronaldo got less goals otherwise he would have around 70. Dede scored 21 league goals - 3rd highest!
5. Also about corners, I think it doesn't matter anymore if its in-swinging or out-swinging I scored a lot of goals with out-swingers
6. Javi Martinez rocks as a DM. not the quickest or the most creative but he had a lot of assists and got good goals. Vidal is great all rounder but gets sent off a lot

ME:

Nice one mate and thorough - I reckon this is 2nd visit only

1. Yes Ronaldo is a great striker no doubt - But the tactic will be even better when he's gone and swapped with French striker talent like Maupay & Ongenda real life monster talents - check out youtube!

2. I didn't like Aguero either - but I wasn't fair to him either because I had other players that I considered 1st choice for the 2 SC positions. Agile or strong I dissagree its a grey area. Ongenda doesn't have alot of strenght for a long while, but complete forward schedule will change that. Whats important to look at is Strenght and agility together along with Flair technique. Also rwb often - rwb through centre are awesome for strikers. If you think jump/head/strenght is king I again dissagree - jump/head are addons - quickness - acceleration - agility - pace - strenght=Very powerful stuff and setup to score many goals.

3. Again I think its a grey area different people get different results with this - I have great success with Bale on the left the same goes for Hazard on the left, but he's inverted. So I think its more a question of testing it - If Bale works great for you on the right then you should definitely keep it that way and it will be much easier to play Bale and Hazard together in the first 11. A big recommendation I can give you all is to get ppms - rwb through centre - rwb often on the wingers/IF's - this will help them act more like IF's as well and at the same time get rid of rwb L/R.

4. (Corners are easily editable by anyone without destroying tactic) Anyone who is great at jump/head/bravery (finish is a bonus) can do this - I think a player like Kondogbia will be great at this from the DM position. I can't develop Dede's heading above 15 for some reason I have seen him score 33 in one season which is a high number for this - Also a great corner taker is extremely important otherwise Dede or who ever is your choice to execute it all doesn't matter. In my current season I have set it to Kondogbia because the 3 defenders at the back is Varane-Regent-Zouma. Its also a good setup to have the 2 strikers to lurk outside area and attack ball from deep - that gets some goals too.

5. Yes I have said this before - this matters like 2% its insignificant - so I totally agree with this assumption. The Corner taker matters 75% :)

6. Javi Martinez is a great player not the most technical - but I feel embarresed I sold him to city :) infact I sold alot of stars Florentino Perez hates me for it for sure, Gotze was outperformed by Isco and now I have like 2-3 AMC regents on its way who
so Gotze would never be good enough - Vidal looks awesome in his profile - at that time Pogba and Koke and Wilshere were my 1st choices for the dm. With recent knowledge though I highly recommend players like Javi Martinez real DMC's - tackling marking strenght jump workrate teamwork positioning are very powerful stuff so Anchorman type players instead of box to box midfielders. I'll show you my 5th choice in the beginning of the season he was estimated not to get many matches through the season, but was the reason why I didn' t buy Rabiot - He was a nobody just a backup talent - Then lots of injuries occured - look at him below.

View attachment 308416

He was far from what you see and good news I think he's not a regent - Marseille is where he comes from (OM) - he's my new favourite player training him on complete forward schedule!

January window - Never buy 1st team players unless you have too - I have done this too several times and it does hurt your play on the pitch, but if you think about the coming season - the next season at this point then its a great way to be more than ready for the next season, but then don't buy players in July :)

Overall a very big performance by your team compared to the difficulties it had - try this while having a great team cohesion & great morale - I think you will find that very enjoyable most often.

Too everyone:

I love looking at tactics - Frankenstein is for me a top5 tactic of fm13 and maybe the winner for me - both because its so unexpected but also because its capable of playing the most beautiful football and has the ability to score more than any other tactic created for this version. When that is said I'm not trying to take anything away from other great tactics. Marcelo 3142 amazing tactic - 4141rock classic amazing tactic and tested to be the best for underdogs - Wooow I think if I started a new save this would be very close to what I feel for Frankenstein its very high scoring if your team is filled up with amazing talent, but haven't been really proven yet. The reason why I stopped my Barca save was because their was to many leagues added so my save was too slow, but with wooow it was on a journey with an amazing record, potentially 240 goals in la liga. I know 442 tripple tweak is a very strong tactic one of the best along with 4141 rock classic maybe the best 2 tactics when it comes to achievement - I'm not a big fan of the sort of football being played with those 2. Back in the day I felled very satisfied with Gooaall262 and the connection, but they are not anywhere near the other tactics mentioned above in my opinion - the tactic templates also show me that those 2 tactics are some way off before being that level. Some of the newer tactics like from the deep purple series I have to say some of them are very nice to look at and will give alot of enjoyment if you set up a save for one of these - I think it was 4-2-3-1 deep purple I enjoyed alot. The Langvatn Tribute with alot of Langvatn settings copied in to that tactic I have had great pleasure and perhaps my own strongest version of a tactic, but then again I copied another mans work with some of the sliders, but it was the first time I saw some sort of success with Inside forwards.

Actually now I have mentioned all these tactics above - in the end I feel a persons success with these tactics are up to player quality 75% the more quality of players you got - the better the tactic will perform - also don't count out ppm's they are their for a reason, if you learn what the different ppms do your 3D game will improve and be even more enjoyable to watch. Champion made me unlearn shot with power and place shots for strikers because he made me realise if your player has good decision or decent decion making he wouldn't need that and what I see with this is very positive - I see a much more unpredictable way of finishing. I also can add that the longshot ppm is **** and horrible for anyone including C.Ronaldo - He/you would score more without it.

Cheers mate/s - and thank you for your great interaction all of you in Bwomper's exellent thread

Some results with the latest tweak from jesaustralia

View attachment 754193

Things I like of this tactic :

-The IF acting more like AP so is a litle bit better left footed in left side and right in right side. Score and assist very often.
-More space for the strikers. More good first touch combinations between the midfielders and the strikers. The strikers score more often than Wife for example.
-Nice and dangerous long passes from the DM,IF and CD
-The AMC possition is the playmaker in action (not using playmaker option). You can see the AMC playing the ball from the defencen,dribbiling searching a good pass or to score. With more direct passes is more important less possesion with danger than more losing time.

Things I dont like :

-The DMs care less about defense,so if you lose the ball in the rival box you look counter attacks with the only "wall" of your 3 CD. (It doesnt mean the rival score always of course)
-Its like the CD are a little distracted. Its just a sensation I think lol

Well,I think this tactic is at least so valuable like Final Version or 2nd Visit (Make the striker dont cut inside just play normal )
Maybe conceed more goals,but the play is more direct,and its funny to see to.

Again,a good work from jesaustralia. cheers mate!

Well mate - thanks alot - its good to have more eyes on stuff it gives perspective - when things started to go a tiny bit bad for me=Schalke scored against me I got angry and called it a fail - Maybe I'm a little impatient when things like that happen + I had 5 important players injured that later turned to 6 injured and I had to go look for players in the youth squad to be able to put a team together. My 1st team only has 23 players registered so 6 stars injured would ofcause hurt the results.

I can add I too enjoyed the directness of the play and especially the strikers become monsters with a potential if really good players to score 100 goals each!!! - bwomper I like what you said about the DMC's that is something that can be corrected and maybe I should give that a shot. DMC's mentality and run from deep maybe a bigger problem in this version so to make them more original anchorman/defensive midfielders would be better - I'm gonna reread what you said again and take notes and see what I can do. Thanks for testing this mate - without your interest I would have left this one alone.

Cheers

Back