Frankenstein Tactic 3-2-3-2

• Thread starter Thread starter bwomper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 281K
Early days with new tactic +10.. But looks good most of the time, does seem to leave a gap between forwards and defenders when attacks break down..This to me is as bwmoper says, DM's are out of position and not able to get back to defend, have not though in truth conceded many goals.

View attachment 308333

Champion7891 Said:

some points:
1. Ronaldo as striker in insane. he also had a lot of assists which is surprising given his teamwork. Always would recommend playing him as striker
2. Disappointed with Aguero, seems weak and it also seems that this tactic favors strong type striker rather than small agile ones
3. played with inverted wingers, Bale was awesome on right wing and on left I had problems as hazard got injured twice, so cant decide who is best there but 1 goal in 2 games average for inside forwards is very good
4. for second season I chose defender on near post so ronaldo got less goals otherwise he would have around 70. Dede scored 21 league goals - 3rd highest!
5. Also about corners, I think it doesn't matter anymore if its in-swinging or out-swinging I scored a lot of goals with out-swingers
6. Javi Martinez rocks as a DM. not the quickest or the most creative but he had a lot of assists and got good goals. Vidal is great all rounder but gets sent off a lot

ME:

Nice one mate and thorough - I reckon this is 2nd visit only

1. Yes Ronaldo is a great striker no doubt - But the tactic will be even better when he's gone and swapped with French striker talent like Maupay & Ongenda real life monster talents - check out youtube!

2. I didn't like Aguero either - but I wasn't fair to him either because I had other players that I considered 1st choice for the 2 SC positions. Agile or strong I dissagree its a grey area. Ongenda doesn't have alot of strenght for a long while, but complete forward schedule will change that. Whats important to look at is Strenght and agility together along with Flair technique. Also rwb often - rwb through centre are awesome for strikers. If you think jump/head/strenght is king I again dissagree - jump/head are addons - quickness - acceleration - agility - pace - strenght=Very powerful stuff and setup to score many goals.

3. Again I think its a grey area different people get different results with this - I have great success with Bale on the left the same goes for Hazard on the left, but he's inverted. So I think its more a question of testing it - If Bale works great for you on the right then you should definitely keep it that way and it will be much easier to play Bale and Hazard together in the first 11. A big recommendation I can give you all is to get ppms - rwb through centre - rwb often on the wingers/IF's - this will help them act more like IF's as well and at the same time get rid of rwb L/R.

4. (Corners are easily editable by anyone without destroying tactic) Anyone who is great at jump/head/bravery (finish is a bonus) can do this - I think a player like Kondogbia will be great at this from the DM position. I can't develop Dede's heading above 15 for some reason I have seen him score 33 in one season which is a high number for this - Also a great corner taker is extremely important otherwise Dede or who ever is your choice to execute it all doesn't matter. In my current season I have set it to Kondogbia because the 3 defenders at the back is Varane-Regent-Zouma. Its also a good setup to have the 2 strikers to lurk outside area and attack ball from deep - that gets some goals too.

5. Yes I have said this before - this matters like 2% its insignificant - so I totally agree with this assumption. The Corner taker matters 75% :)

6. Javi Martinez is a great player not the most technical - but I feel embarresed I sold him to city :) infact I sold alot of stars Florentino Perez hates me for it for sure, Gotze was outperformed by Isco and now I have like 2-3 AMC regents on its way who
so Gotze would never be good enough - Vidal looks awesome in his profile - at that time Pogba and Koke and Wilshere were my 1st choices for the dm. With recent knowledge though I highly recommend players like Javi Martinez real DMC's - tackling marking strenght jump workrate teamwork positioning are very powerful stuff so Anchorman type players instead of box to box midfielders. I'll show you my 5th choice in the beginning of the season he was estimated not to get many matches through the season, but was the reason why I didn' t buy Rabiot - He was a nobody just a backup talent - Then lots of injuries occured - look at him below.

View attachment 754233

He was far from what you see and good news I think he's not a regent - Marseille is where he comes from (OM) - he's my new favourite player training him on complete forward schedule!

January window - Never buy 1st team players unless you have too - I have done this too several times and it does hurt your play on the pitch, but if you think about the coming season - the next season at this point then its a great way to be more than ready for the next season, but then don't buy players in July :)

Overall a very big performance by your team compared to the difficulties it had - try this while having a great team cohesion & great morale - I think you will find that very enjoyable most often.

Too everyone:

I love looking at tactics - Frankenstein is for me a top5 tactic of fm13 and maybe the winner for me - both because its so unexpected but also because its capable of playing the most beautiful football and has the ability to score more than any other tactic created for this version. When that is said I'm not trying to take anything away from other great tactics. Marcelo 3142 amazing tactic - 4141rock classic amazing tactic and tested to be the best for underdogs - Wooow I think if I started a new save this would be very close to what I feel for Frankenstein its very high scoring if your team is filled up with amazing talent, but haven't been really proven yet. The reason why I stopped my Barca save was because their was to many leagues added so my save was too slow, but with wooow it was on a journey with an amazing record, potentially 240 goals in la liga. I know 442 tripple tweak is a very strong tactic one of the best along with 4141 rock classic maybe the best 2 tactics when it comes to achievement - I'm not a big fan of the sort of football being played with those 2. Back in the day I felled very satisfied with Gooaall262 and the connection, but they are not anywhere near the other tactics mentioned above in my opinion - the tactic templates also show me that those 2 tactics are some way off before being that level. Some of the newer tactics like from the deep purple series I have to say some of them are very nice to look at and will give alot of enjoyment if you set up a save for one of these - I think it was 4-2-3-1 deep purple I enjoyed alot. The Langvatn Tribute with alot of Langvatn settings copied in to that tactic I have had great pleasure and perhaps my own strongest version of a tactic, but then again I copied another mans work with some of the sliders, but it was the first time I saw some sort of success with Inside forwards.

Actually now I have mentioned all these tactics above - in the end I feel a persons success with these tactics are up to player quality 75% the more quality of players you got - the better the tactic will perform - also don't count out ppm's they are their for a reason, if you learn what the different ppms do your 3D game will improve and be even more enjoyable to watch. Champion made me unlearn shot with power and place shots for strikers because he made me realise if your player has good decision or decent decion making he wouldn't need that and what I see with this is very positive - I see a much more unpredictable way of finishing. I also can add that the longshot ppm is **** and horrible for anyone including C.Ronaldo - He/you would score more without it.

Cheers mate/s - and thank you for your great interaction all of you in Bwomper's exellent thread

thanks for your reply.

INSANE REGEN BTW. that is as close to a complete midfielder that you could get

Aguero has come decently good for me in his 2nd full season (well ronaldo got injured for 3 months). he is averaging 1.25 goals/90 mins, 30 goals from 25 starts or so. And yes, you are right about the attributes of the striker, one of my regens is is similar to aguero and is doing very well.

I have also started this second full season with Bale on the left and Hazard on the right. Results are pretty similar- will post full table when done

Last edited:
thanks for your reply.

INSANE REGEN BTW. that is as close to a complete midfielder that you could get

Aguero has come decently good for me in his 2nd full season (well ronaldo got injured for 3 months). he is averaging 1.25 goals/90 mins, 30 goals from 25 starts or so. And yes, you are right about the attributes of the striker, one of my regens is is similar to aguero and is doing very well.

I have also started this second full season with Bale on the left and Hazard on the right. Results are pretty similar- will post full table when done

Not a regent though I thought he was then I checked his history - I think he's a OM talent - I hope you guys can find him in your save.

Cheers

PS. A small tweak for 2nd visit you guys could add is Wingers/IF's creative freedom=20 - it seems to not hurt the tactic infact I think it improves it.

Not a regent though I thought he was then I checked his history - I think he's a OM talent - I hope you guys can find him in your save.

Cheers

PS. A small tweak for 2nd visit you guys could add is Wingers/IF's creative freedom=20 - it seems to not hurt the tactic infact I think it improves it.
Other small tweak can be the pass style for the central defender. Make him a creative defender can work so well too in 2nd Visit and Final Version.

I see some amazing results with Frankestein tactic. I used it on my Chelsea save and it worked great but the thing is i didnt like the information thats why i switched to WOOOW instead and having a great results!!

I really would like to try another formation of the tactic if you guys have but maybe it wouldnt work as good as Frankestein! Cheers guys!

I see some amazing results with Frankestein tactic. I used it on my Chelsea save and it worked great but the thing is i didnt like the information thats why i switched to WOOOW instead and having a great results!!

I really would like to try another formation of the tactic if you guys have but maybe it wouldnt work as good as Frankestein! Cheers guys!

I don't know how Frankenstein would do in the premier league - I have to say I think it would have a rough time if your team doesn't contain a team full of amazing regents. Wooow will also be amazing with 11 regents superstars. When that is said both those tactics will perform really good in spain in the begininning of the game being Barca or RMA. I'm by the way playing with RMA being more of a fan of Barcelona, but wanted to try the other side :)

Too all:

I'm currently testing different versions of Frankenstein, and again I can just say it looks awesome to give wingers CF=20 - I see great chips great freekicks from both Hazard & Bale. I'm also trying to work on the central defender giving him the freedom to support the midfield. I tried to give dmc's CF=20 but it was good but, I felt that it took something away from others so CF seems to be best used sparingly as other have already mentioned.

I will test the AMC if he plays better without CF as well - oh we just beat Dortmund away 3-1 gorgeus chip from Hazard!!!!. So I haven't quit yet, but I do believe the version that we call "2nd visit" which is a small width tweak and setpiece tweak seems to be one of the best tweaks made and the reason why I use that as a base when trying to tweak further.

I hope you all are doing good out their with whatever you people do and I'll talk to you later

Cheers all

I don't know how Frankenstein would do in the premier league - I have to say I think it would have a rough time if your team doesn't contain a team full of amazing regents. Wooow will also be amazing with 11 regents superstars. When that is said both those tactics will perform really good in spain in the begininning of the game being Barca or RMA. I'm by the way playing with RMA being more of a fan of Barcelona, but wanted to try the other side :)

Too all:

I'm currently testing different versions of Frankenstein, and again I can just say it looks awesome to give wingers CF=20 - I see great chips great freekicks from both Hazard & Bale. I'm also trying to work on the central defender giving him the freedom to support the midfield. I tried to give dmc's CF=20 but it was good but, I felt that it took something away from others so CF seems to be best used sparingly as other have already mentioned.

I will test the AMC if he plays better without CF as well - oh we just beat Dortmund away 3-1 gorgeus chip from Hazard!!!!. So I haven't quit yet, but I do believe the version that we call "2nd visit" which is a small width tweak and setpiece tweak seems to be one of the best tweaks made and the reason why I use that as a base when trying to tweak further.

I hope you all are doing good out their with whatever you people do and I'll talk to you later

Cheers all

Again good job jess, and continue the good work.

Im testing your version 10+ home and away, with AS Roma, and i must say i have some wonderfull results with it. I mostly use it on home and away when against weak teams.

But i must say i did few tweaks. The most i dont like in this tactics are the 2 dms, who are always attacking when the amc has the ball, so i put them defensive mentality ( 6 moves), and run from deep to sometimes. Now the tactic is good in the back, and get realy few counters, then before.

My team is young but solid.

2nd season
1st AS Roma 19 18 1 0 for 54 ag 10 goal difference +44

Team:
----valdes
Yang-Mbiwa---Caulker---Astori
---De Rosi---M-Vila
-----------------------------
Pjanic-----Florenzi-----Lamela
---Destro----Kadlec

I must say that De Rossi and M'Vila loves this tactics :D

p.s. sorry for bad english :D

Too all:

Cheers all

I did the Frankenstien final version with leeds in the PL with great regens, posted in the early pages of this thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...nkenstein-tactic-3-2-3-2-a-8.html#post2332839.

I would say it was good, didn't wow me BUT I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT HIGH SCORING IN OTHER LEAGUES CANNOT BE COMPARED TO THE PL. perhaps I didnt do it justice seeing as I was managing two team concurrently. PL really is an outlier. I would also think about trying the 2nd visit with the same team, but maybe later

2nd full season Real Madrid 2nd Visit (playing proper winger left foot left winger etc)

View attachment 307959 View attachment 307958

View attachment 307957 View attachment 307955

View attachment 307954 View attachment 307953

Definitely improved overall, especially the defense. I would say that since most of my squad was fit this season (the previous one I had to play Asamoah, Vidal and Benzema in the AMCRL positions for quite a few games as me AMs were all injured) I expected a lot more goals, however i did score less from set pieces this time.

As far as the inverted winger debate goes, I think its a gray area but personally I would say whatever foot you have the player needs to have 14+ crossing. Perhaps one of the reasons why I didnt get such high goals in the PL was because my wingers crossing was low

Last edited:
Again good job jess, and continue the good work.

Im testing your version 10+ home and away, with AS Roma, and i must say i have some wonderfull results with it. I mostly use it on home and away when against weak teams.

But i must say i did few tweaks. The most i dont like in this tactics are the 2 dms, who are always attacking when the amc has the ball, so i put them defensive mentality ( 6 moves), and run from deep to sometimes. Now the tactic is good in the back, and get realy few counters, then before.

My team is young but solid.

2nd season
1st AS Roma 19 18 1 0 for 54 ag 10 goal difference +44

Team:
----valdes
Yang-Mbiwa---Caulker---Astori
---De Rosi---M-Vila
-----------------------------
Pjanic-----Florenzi-----Lamela
---Destro----Kadlec

I must say that De Rossi and M'Vila loves this tactics :D

p.s. sorry for bad english :D

Hi Mate - great to see that fm13 isn't dead yet and people still enjoy playing it. Stop testing and download this version Download the best modification of Frankenstein Click Here

Now this thread has turned rather big because we are several people who like to hang out in this thread and share our thoughts so some information gets lost once in a while. so I'll try and make a little recap of what I believe is important to know.

Frankenstein 2nd visit (Top team tactic - Sub top team tactic) - It might work for underdogs (Not tested)

Training All Year long =
Team Cohesion - Very High Intensity - 50% - Attacking Movement - Tick Rest day before & After Match - Straight after each match you individually check the players condition and rest them between 1-3 days (Don't worry - they will still develop)

The 2 DMC's are Mr.Langvatn DMC's settings so they are not DMC's they are Box to Box midfielders - I can add their is a 3D game engine bug that makes DMC's behave more like CM's Mr.Langvatn utilized that and created monster tactics knowing this. This tactic Bwomper has been taking advantage of this as well!!!. You don't need DMC's to get extra cover because you have the AMC that helps out in defence too - he's like a playmaker that make alot of safe withdrawn runs and alot of hard work hassling the opponents as well as the box to box midfielders + you have 3 central defenders that leave no gaps in the centralized areas and due to the width tweak it also becomes difficult for the opponent wide areas to achieve anything.

The Defenders you wanna buy should be good in jump/head - acceleration and pace 12+ and then the obvious defence skills ofcause.

Its beneficial to train all players on the individual complete forward schedule. If one player has developed his strenght to 20 especially defenders then you can use the sweeper schedule to improve anticipation - acceleration - concentration - decision - composure.

Quality players are important - meaning Destro is good Lukaku is better. Actually Destro is a really good choice. I can Recommend you get Hervin Ongenda & Neal Maupay if you still are in the beginning of the game they will develop into the best strikers for atleast 10 seasons ahead or till godly Regents arrive. Quality players in any tactic will benefit the tactic more than the tactic itself. Quality players are the real secret to success in fm13

Recommended signings:

Gk Oblak - Courtois
DCL Zouma - Varane - Caulker - Shawcross - Romagnoli
DC D.Luiz (longthrow)
DCR Dede (Monster header gls from corners)
DMCL Guillaume - Kondogbia - Stambouli
DMCR Schneiderlin - Koke - Pogba - Wilshere (Or AMC)
AMC Will Hughes (Derby) - Isco - Gotze
AML E.Hazard - L.Ocampos - Jese
AMR Bale - James Rodriguez - Shaarawy
SCL Maupay - V.Fischer - V.Berisha (Sweedish) - Helenius - Fierro - Benzia -
SCR Ongenda - Lukaku - Immobile - Destro - A.Cornelius - Ademilson

Several Brazilians - look up all Brazilian youth & Senior internationals

I wanted to write alot more I will just give you one screenshot and say 2nd visit above is 97% certain the last successful modification of this tactic from me, I can't find anything better. I also wanna say see this game as a game and not real soccer because the 3D engine does have problems - not perfect.

Most of the work in this tactic is done by Bwomper - Don't forget to thank him!! :)

View attachment 307942 View attachment 307941 View attachment 307939 View attachment 307937 View attachment 307936 View attachment 307934

Last screenshot the fixtures were where it all started

Cheers all

I did the Frankenstien final version with leeds in the PL with great regens, posted in the early pages of this thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...nkenstein-tactic-3-2-3-2-a-8.html#post2332839.

I would say it was good, didn't wow me BUT I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT HIGH SCORING IN OTHER LEAGUES CANNOT BE COMPARED TO THE PL. perhaps I didnt do it justice seeing as I was managing two team concurrently. PL really is an outlier. I would also think about trying the 2nd visit with the same team, but maybe later

I recommend both you and bwomper or anyone else to reestablish your super saves with super regents it would be interesting to see what 2nd visit could achieve with those. Yes England the first 10 seasons are way better than anywhere else on the planet + take into account the sort of formations that spanish teams use most often as well.

Cheers

Hi everyone

I tried a very small tweak for a few matches. Its a 2431 formation. Moved one of the strikers and one CD to WB. I like to think of it as a 253. The idea was to have wing backs who play like wide DMs or wide box to box players.

I have set their wide play to cut inside so that they always seek the box. Through ball and cross to sometimes. Rest of their PIs is same as DM. they scored goals too and they help with defense since it almost become a back 4 out of possession.

Team width is set to 5 like the original tactic so that the AML/AMR behave more like inside forwards. No other changes.

I havent extensively used it but played it in the spanish cup. got high possession and a similar shots number.

View attachment 307896 View attachment 307898

ofcourse, a lot of these oppositions are lower league ones so the results arent surprsing.

I am certainly positive that it isnt better than the other tweaks, especially the 2nd visit. I will be testing this for the whole season with Bale as LWB and Hazard as RWB.

Jes and bwomper your comments will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I tried a very small tweak for a few matches. Its a 2431 formation. Moved one of the strikers and one CD to WB. I like to think of it as a 253. The idea was to have wing backs who play like wide DMs or wide box to box players.

I have set their wide play to cut inside so that they always seek the box. Through ball and cross to sometimes. Rest of their PIs is same as DM. they scored goals too and they help with defense since it almost become a back 4 out of possession.

Team width is set to 5 like the original tactic so that the AML/AMR behave more like inside forwards. No other changes.

I havent extensively used it but played it in the spanish cup. got high possession and a similar shots number.

View attachment 755481 View attachment 755460

ofcourse, a lot of these oppositions are lower league ones so the results arent surprsing.

I am certainly positive that it isnt better than the other tweaks, especially the 2nd visit. I will be testing this for the whole season with Bale as LWB and Hazard as RWB.

I like your idea,tell me how your striker does. Maybe this formation is more estable on defence, more people in the mid is good for that. But how the ofensives do in this tactic? Actually the "cut inside" intruction is worthless,for that is better the ppm "TB to centre" or something like that.

I like your idea,tell me how your striker does. Maybe this formation is more estable on defence, more people in the mid is good for that. But how the ofensives do in this tactic? Actually the "cut inside" intruction is worthless,for that is better the ppm "TB to centre" or something like that.

well the matches I have played uptil now have been v very good teams so I cannot comment on the offensiveness yet although I won all game (see post above)

defensively about the CCC that I conceded, well all of them were individual errors, GK passes to CD who loses it or ball gets intercepted...this was actually something that I encountered with the original Frankenstien Final version a lot too so may GK distribution needs changing.

I didnt know that about cut inside...so would you suggest changing the striker cut inside too?

I will keep on posting results.

well the matches I have played uptil now have been v very good teams so I cannot comment on the offensiveness yet although I won all game (see post above)

defensively about the CCC that I conceded, well all of them were individual errors, GK passes to CD who loses it or ball gets intercepted...this was actually something that I encountered with the original Frankenstien Final version a lot too so may GK distribution needs changing.

I didnt know that about cut inside...so would you suggest changing the striker cut inside too?

I will keep on posting results.

about striker, ronaldo is striker 8 goals 5 games 2 headers from corner among them

Hi everyone

View attachment 755481 View attachment 755460

Well cool - If you want dmc's to go to the wide areas though I recommend to give them roaming the same goes for defenders.

If I get red carded in a match I take out a striker and centre the other striker so I keep balance in the tactic, so it gives the 1 striker alot more space to run into or use for his own benefits. In that way I like 1 striker tactics. Ye cut inside doesn't work properly - the player preferred move "Run with ball through centre" & "Run with ball often" together does though - if your wingers - strikers - or any wide players have this it works like cut inside as I can see it.

Also team width =10 is a golden number - that's why i changed Frankenstein to 10 and seemed to improve the tactic. I honestly don't think your wide players will perform more like inside forwards than wingers - they seek wide. You need the ppms for that I described it above.

Anyway I'm enjoying 2nd visit currently and I'm very settled about tactics creation that its often down to having great players with great ppm's.

Ps.

I saw my 2nd scissor kick goal - this time from Guillaume - in all other tactics I have never seen it for fm13.

Cheers & keep trying its fun - I'll keep following what happens with your tactic

Well cool - If you want dmc's to go to the wide areas though I recommend to give them roaming the same goes for defenders.

If I get red carded in a match I take out a striker and centre the other striker so I keep balance in the tactic, so it gives the 1 striker alot more space to run into or use for his own benefits. In that way I like 1 striker tactics. Ye cut inside doesn't work properly - the player preferred move "Run with ball through centre" & "Run with ball often" together does though - if your wingers - strikers - or any wide players have this it works like cut inside as I can see it.

Also team width =10 is a golden number - that's why i changed Frankenstein to 10 and seemed to improve the tactic. I honestly don't think your wide players will perform more like inside forwards than wingers - they seek wide. You need the ppms for that I described it above.

Anyway I'm enjoying 2nd visit currently and I'm very settled about tactics creation that its often down to having great players with great ppm's.

Ps.

I saw my 2nd scissor kick goal - this time from Guillaume - in all other tactics I have never seen it for fm13.

Cheers & keep trying its fun - I'll keep following what happens with your tactic
Nice! never see one...only two scissor kick assist from Lukaku to Maupay lol

I will try 2nd visit again but with normal instead cut inside for the strikers, +20 CF for the IF and near direct passes for the central CD.

Have a great weekend people!

Back