Frankenstein Tactic 3-2-3-2

• Thread starter Thread starter bwomper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 281K
Nice jes,nice! Id like you to test "Frankie False 9" instead the Frankenstein Final Version,but too bad you sold Le Bigot because he was a clear super false 9 in the tactic lol

You can post here if you want or will you make a new thread? cheers mate!

I will use this thread only to do this because that's where we guys are residing :)

I will test your false 9 and I can do that after 2nd visit which is the 1st test I'm doing so I will update the post above in the bottom of the post where I write which tactics I will be testing - so just shoot all the requsts you have good or bad suggestions is equally inspiring.

Cheers

ps love the name you've given your tweak "Frankie False 9" oh and I do have very adequate Le Bigot cover for the false 9 position - actually I think Le Bigot looked good in his profile, but he didn't impress me on the pitch so I think the player that will play this position will do much better than Le Bigot.

Cheers again - it is so exciting :D - sorry crazy dane moment :)

2nd visit - don't tell anyone (6)

attachment.php

Last edited:
we can't see your screen jesaustralia :/

My season with the Frankie false 9 , started on 10 june with this tactic . Less goals scored but less goals conceded ( my best striker and my best midfielder are injured é_è )

Jes, don't see original image or link but see the newer screenshots! Cool results!

yea well i might have to abandon - my fmrte program is playing up so the test becomes unreliable, I'm gonna pause this idea and see if the program fixes up i have no chance of making it happen because fmrte doesn't show my teams players and I need that to un-injure some of my players.

Anyway on hold now - we will see what happens

Cheers

Frankentein 343 Diamond - Rock Defense

Bwomper I hope you don't mind me posting here. Tried this formation with my regen Real Madrid side.

Its basically plays like a narrow diamond in the middle, with 3 strikers and 3 defenders. Actual formation is 3313, with the middle DM more of a DLP, wide DMs box to box with good crossing and wide strikers have same instructions as the original AM so creativity and passing important. tweaked the AM to be less defensive

Scores good goals (average of 4.5 per games mid-season, the best I have done with 2nd visit is 4.9). May have scored more but sort of an injury crises at the moment.
I see more higher possession
Rock defense - concedes very few goals so maybe good for lower teams

Mid-season league table and overall stats and fixtures

View attachment 762963View attachment 762960View attachment 762966

View attachment 762957

So I finished the season winning everything but overall not satisfied with the tactic. I mean its very very solid, especially the defense is great but offense ran out of steam.

Averaged 4 goals/game in league and just under 4 goals overall.

So color me not impressed

View attachment 303592View attachment 303590

Check next post

Frankenstein 3313 Triple Tag

Same formation as the 343 Diamond, but different play.
View attachment 303589

Changes:
1) team width 15 (from 10)
2) DMC now set to run from deep sometimes (from rarely)
3) DMC mentality normal (10) from defensive (3)
4) STL/STR cross more often
5) DMR/DML wide play normal (from hug touchline)
6) Focus passing through the middle (from mixed)

The tactic improved vastly. Strikers suddenly became far more effective and the round the box play was a delight.
Its no longer a diamond in midfield though. Hence the name change, more on triple tag later

Overall goals average 4.5/game (my best is 4.9 with 2nd visit)
Leagues goals average 5/game (my best in Spain, even beat 442 triple tweaked in Spain)

View attachment 303588 View attachment 303587View attachment 303586 View attachment 303585
Players required (that I use):
STC - poacher with good technical ability. basically a complete forward with great finishing, dribbling, pace and so on

STR/STL - I would say complete forwards with good crossing but playing strikers without crossing doesn't see to make it any less effective. Good crossing (14+) is bonus. should be creative forwards though with good teamwork and work-rate

AMC - trequartista or complete forward but creativity, passing, teamwork and work-rate more important than finishing, dribbling, pace,etc.

DMR/DML - box to box all round complete midfielders. good defensive attributes (14+ tacking, marking, positioning) and attacking (15+ creativity, finishing, passing, dribbling). crossing is a bonus (at least my first choice have 15 and 18 crossing and also I have set crossing to sometimes so highly recommeded if they have crossing but not a necessity)

DMC - box to box anchorman is best way to describe. Long shots is a bonus
DCs - Ball Playing Defenders

How it plays:
Its called triple tag because of the wide play. The STR+DMR+DCR or STL+DML+DCL patrol the wide areas very well and more often then not snuff out any danger together. I enjoy it very much (seeing three players converge on the opposition winger)

Also, the DMR/DML sometimes behave as overlapping wing backs. score good goals too

DMC is now far more involved whereas with the Diamond he was reserved and very rarely influenced around the box play

How I think it can be improved (minor tweaks that are probably beyond me)

1) I feel the DMC has become a bit too attacking. At mentality 3 he is usually too far away from my other 6 attacking players who are camped around the box. At 10, he is around the box but sometimes he is ahead of the other DMs which is fine but what I would like is for him to take be unmarked just outside the box. Actually this happens sometimes and creates a good goal-scoring opportunity as the other players drag people around the box so a back pass to the DMC and a long shot end in goal (these are Yaya Toure like goals and its nice to watch). Mentality 6-8 should probably do it

2) I also think the AMC can be improved upon. He is also mentality normal (10) but he still sometimes comes too deep for my liking.

3) I also think this will be amazing if the 2 wide defenders DCR and DCL are a little more adventurous. In terms of passing and also bringing the ball out of play. maybe make them slightly less defensive and give them more creative freedom. maybe even run with ball sometimes

4) Last a general thing that I have noticed with all variations of Frankenstein is the closing down of the wide defenders. The DM's are the first to close down the wing but often the winger runs away and is able to cross because the wide defender only begins to close after the opposition crosses the half way line by about 10 yards. Almost half attacks would be snuffed out if the wide defenders close down a bit higher up the pitch

View attachment 303584

Last edited:
I have played from December to at the moment start of April with the diamond tactic in my old Espanyol save, is 2025.. Only had 1 AMC, other than 16 year olds.. Reason was I have been playing around with other tactics in this save so was short of a few players. Will post some SS's up later tonight and try and finish that season. Is a nice tactic to watch but for me goals were not a plenty, but did start with the tactic later in the season after using other tactics. Will also look at the new tactic too. Great work, Champion!

I have played from December to at the moment start of April with the diamond tactic in my old Espanyol save, is 2025.. Only had 1 AMC, other than 16 year olds.. Reason was I have been playing around with other tactics in this save so was short of a few players. Will post some SS's up later tonight and try and finish that season. Is a nice tactic to watch but for me goals were not a plenty, but did start with the tactic later in the season after using other tactics. Will also look at the new tactic too. Great work, Champion!

honestly the diamond was disappointing. I didnt post the full season results before the new tweak because I was a bit ashamed. Thanks very much though for trying it out.

but the new one is much better not just in goals but also in attacking play. I think it can also be improved though

Frankenstein 3313 Triple Tag

Same formation as the 343 Diamond, but different play.
View attachment 765659

Changes:
1) team width 15 (from 10)
2) DMC now set to run from deep sometimes (from rarely)
3) DMC mentality normal (10) from defensive (3)
4) STL/STR cross more often
5) DMR/DML wide play normal (from hug touchline)
6) Focus passing through the middle (from mixed)

The tactic improved vastly. Strikers suddenly became far more effective and the round the box play was a delight.
Its no longer a diamond in midfield though. Hence the name change, more on triple tag later

Overall goals average 4.5/game (my best is 4.9 with 2nd visit)
Leagues goals average 5/game (my best in Spain, even beat 442 triple tweaked in Spain)

View attachment 765660 View attachment 765663View attachment 765666 View attachment 765669
Players required (that I use):
STC - poacher with good technical ability. basically a complete forward with great finishing, dribbling, pace and so on

STR/STL - I would say complete forwards with good crossing but playing strikers without crossing doesn't see to make it any less effective. Good crossing (14+) is bonus. should be creative forwards though with good teamwork and work-rate

AMC - trequartista or complete forward but creativity, passing, teamwork and work-rate more important than finishing, dribbling, pace,etc.

DMR/DML - box to box all round complete midfielders. good defensive attributes (14+ tacking, marking, positioning) and attacking (15+ creativity, finishing, passing, dribbling). crossing is a bonus (at least my first choice have 15 and 18 crossing and also I have set crossing to sometimes so highly recommeded if they have crossing but not a necessity)

DMC - box to box anchorman is best way to describe. Long shots is a bonus
DCs - Ball Playing Defenders

How it plays:
Its called triple tag because of the wide play. The STR+DMR+DCR or STL+DML+DCL patrol the wide areas very well and more often then not snuff out any danger together. I enjoy it very much (seeing three players converge on the opposition winger)

Also, the DMR/DML sometimes behave as overlapping wing backs. score good goals too

DMC is now far more involved whereas with the Diamond he was reserved and very rarely influenced around the box play

How I think it can be improved (minor tweaks that are probably beyond me)

1) I feel the DMC has become a bit too attacking. At mentality 3 he is usually too far away from my other 6 attacking players who are camped around the box. At 10, he is around the box but sometimes he is ahead of the other DMs which is fine but what I would like is for him to take be unmarked just outside the box. Actually this happens sometimes and creates a good goal-scoring opportunity as the other players drag people around the box so a back pass to the DMC and a long shot end in goal (these are Yaya Toure like goals and its nice to watch). Mentality 6-8 should probably do it

2) I also think the AMC can be improved upon. He is also mentality normal (10) but he still sometimes comes too deep for my liking.

3) I also think this will be amazing if the 2 wide defenders DCR and DCL are a little more adventurous. In terms of passing and also bringing the ball out of play. maybe make them slightly less defensive and give them more creative freedom. maybe even run with ball sometimes

4) Last a general thing that I have noticed with all variations of Frankenstein is the closing down of the wide defenders. The DM's are the first to close down the wing but often the winger runs away and is able to cross because the wide defender only begins to close after the opposition crosses the half way line by about 10 yards. Almost half attacks would be snuffed out if the wide defenders close down a bit higher up the pitch

View attachment 765672

Mentality=Risk & Reward -

Quote from WWFAN:

Mentality determines whether the player will try it or not depending on the risk involved. Similarly for movement. If a player has FWRs=run from deep and a higher mentality, then he is far more likely to make the FWR or push upfield into space even when doing so is risky. In contrast, a lower mentality player is more likely to delay the run or stay deep until any risk has disappeared.

Combine the 2 to find the perfect setting for what you want

cheers

ps by the way good job

It is a good tactic, doesn't win all games and perhaps at least for me didn't score 130 plus goals in league. Was not a disappointment to me any ways. I did win all comps with the tactic, lost Spanish Super cup with another tactic. Season went well and was a success, so Champion, I see nothing to be ashamed of! Some screenshots.

League Before using Diamond tactic

View attachment 303532

League Afterwards with Diamond tactic
View attachment 303531

Fixtures using Diamond Tactic

View attachment 303530 View attachment 303529

Overview of season

View attachment 303528

Will take a look at the new one over the next few days and do an update.

It is a good tactic, doesn't win all games and perhaps at least for me didn't score 130 plus goals in league. Was not a disappointment to me any ways. I did win all comps with the tactic, lost Spanish Super cup with another tactic. Season went well and was a success, so Champion, I see nothing to be ashamed of! Some screenshots.

League Before using Diamond tactic

View attachment 765781

League Afterwards with Diamond tactic
View attachment 765784

Fixtures using Diamond Tactic

View attachment 765785 View attachment 765788

Overview of season

View attachment 765791

Will take a look at the new one over the next few days and do an update.

thank you for your kind comments :)

Mentality=Risk & Reward -

Quote from WWFAN:

Mentality determines whether the player will try it or not depending on the risk involved. Similarly for movement. If a player has FWRs=run from deep and a higher mentality, then he is far more likely to make the FWR or push upfield into space even when doing so is risky. In contrast, a lower mentality player is more likely to delay the run or stay deep until any risk has disappeared.

Combine the 2 to find the perfect setting for what you want

cheers

ps by the way good job

thanks...

will try the mentality thing...I really do beleive this tactic can go through one more major revision

Update on the Triple Tag tactic.. Will say that with Espanyol is a case sometimes of the players who will come to club and also a lower transfer budget, so is nowhere near as good a team/squad that Champion has. Saying that I have great players and some above average players, very few world class players. I like how the tactic works and is good to watch with possession around 60% home and away. I am not scoring as many goals, but not letting many in either. Lost a couple of games, which to me is OK. Just won WCC, so in early December. Will try and finish season by Monday. SS of fixtures so far

View attachment 302966

Back