Frankenstein Tactic 3-2-3-2

• Thread starter Thread starter bwomper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 281K
Update on the Triple Tag tactic.. Will say that with Espanyol is a case sometimes of the players who will come to club and also a lower transfer budget, so is nowhere near as good a team/squad that Champion has. Saying that I have great players and some above average players, very few world class players. I like how the tactic works and is good to watch with possession around 60% home and away. I am not scoring as many goals, but not letting many in either. Lost a couple of games, which to me is OK. Just won WCC, so in early December. Will try and finish season by Monday. SS of fixtures so far

View attachment 767188

hmmm does seem a bit low scoring. I guess you really need top top class players. I am having an absolute stormer of a season currently with some minor tweaks and i guess part of that reason is that I havent had many injuries yet

what sort of goals do you concede? almost 90% of mine are made up of penalties, defensive errors (defender backpass to keeper etc) or sheer fluke goals. what i mean is rearely do i concede a goal where the opposition made the goal or it was a good play

Goals that I concede are all types really. Most though are from pens or defensive errors. With defence sometimes passing to one another then pass to opps or opps just tackle ball away and score. I have a good side predicted to finish 2nd in league, which is at best for me in regards prediction, never tipped to win league. So perhaps does have to have a world class squad!

Also glad that you are doing well, keep it up as tactic is a good one!

Goals that I concede are all types really. Most though are from pens or defensive errors. With defence sometimes passing to one another then pass to opps or opps just tackle ball away and score. I have a good side predicted to finish 2nd in league, which is at best for me in regards prediction, never tipped to win league. So perhaps does have to have a world class squad!

Also glad that you are doing well, keep it up as tactic is a good one!

what training do you use?

I use general training team cohesion at high and match training attacking movement at 40%, rest before and after match.

also maybe try defensive positioning in tough away games?

another really important thing is dribling. I think that is one of the most important attributes for players for this tactic. my front 4 create a lot of space by dribbling and off the ball movement. so perhaps your players have low stats in these

2nd Season with the Triple Tag with slight modifications (tactic attached)

Scored more goals overall and slightly more in the league.

5 goals/game in league
5 goals/game overall (best season)

Stats and fixtures for this season are below

I do not know whether the improvement is due to the tactic or just the natural progression of the team or just because of normal variation. However goals scored from open play were much more this season. Slightly more goals conceded

View attachment 302494View attachment 302495

Away record much poor than home so maybe try def positioning?
View attachment 302493View attachment 302492

Keep in mind that Penalties = 20 means I received 20 pens. I scored off 10 only (unbelievable - checked this individually)
View attachment 302484View attachment 302487View attachment 302486View attachment 302485

Couple of high scoring losses - does seem to be an issue with this tactic in the away CL games
View attachment 302489View attachment 302488

My main striker also broke the league and overall scoring record AND THIS IS WITHOUT BEING THE CORNER SCORER OR FK TAKER
View attachment 302491View attachment 302490

View attachment 302483

Last edited:
what training do you use?

I use general training team cohesion at high and match training attacking movement at 40%, rest before and after match.

also maybe try defensive positioning in tough away games?

another really important thing is dribling. I think that is one of the most important attributes for players for this tactic. my front 4 create a lot of space by dribbling and off the ball movement. so perhaps your players have low stats in these

General training I use once season is started, team cohesion at average and match training attacking movement at 30%, rest before and after match. Def Pos is a possibility to use, but as I am not losing many games not sure if that would make to much difference. As for dribbling, I will have to check the players stats on that and see. Hope to post up full season later tonight, but has gone well so far and should win league again. Got about 10 games to play including Spanish Cup Final.

In regards the stats for dribbling my strikers have 18, 18, 17 and my back up 2 are 16 in that stat. I just finished the season and is a good season as won most of comps entered in. Will show a couple of games first and then table and overview of season.

View attachment 302477 View attachment 302476

View attachment 302475

View attachment 302474

Is a very good tactic and wins comps I like to win. Just doesn't for me score as many goals as you.. Is all good to me.

In regards the stats for dribbling my strikers have 18, 18, 17 and my back up 2 are 16 in that stat. I just finished the season and is a good season as won most of comps entered in. Will show a couple of games first and then table and overview of season.

View attachment 768350 View attachment 768352

View attachment 768354

View attachment 768355

Is a very good tactic and wins comps I like to win. Just doesn't for me score as many goals as you.. Is all good to me.

good to know

btw if you use it for another season (either the tag or tag 2) could you test something for me - just put team width to 20 and see if it makes any difference - but only if you want to play with it.

Just gone back into save to get a bit of the off season out of the way and have been offered the Man Utd job, maybe tomorrow I take that job on in EPL. If I stay or go to Man Utd I would love to use this tactic again and was going to anyway, as I have enjoyed it Champion and yes I would put the width to 20, not sure what I will do in regards jobs as I have turned down bigger jobs before in this save and stayed at Espanyol. Maybe stay and try the width at Espanyol?

good to know

btw if you use it for another season (either the tag or tag 2) could you test something for me - just put team width to 20 and see if it makes any difference - but only if you want to play with it.

Just gone back into save to get a bit of the off season out of the way and have been offered the Man Utd job, maybe tomorrow I take that job on in EPL. If I stay or go to Man Utd I would love to use this tactic again and was going to anyway, as I have enjoyed it Champion and yes I would put the width to 20, not sure what I will do in regards jobs as I have turned down bigger jobs before in this save and stayed at Espanyol. Maybe stay and try the width at Espanyol?

a new job almost always entails nearly a half season hit - a full season if you completely change the squad so its usually not a good idea to test new tactics in that way

however, with that financial power you should be able to assemble a complete world XI :) (sales + even a budget of around 80M is enough to spend more than 400M if you structure the deals over 48 months and adjust the budget/wages slider)

hello again mates. I was sick these days so I have to read all your past comments lol Anyway seems like champion did an amazing work with his tweak! Nice to see you improve the tactic mate ;)

hello again mates. I was sick these days so I have to read all your past comments lol Anyway seems like champion did an amazing work with his tweak! Nice to see you improve the tactic mate ;)

hope you are well now :)

thanks man...I dont know whether its really an improvement or not but it seems to suit my world class team very well and its got to the point that I enjoy strikers scoring goals. the wide striker function like inside forward - dribbling down the wing and cutting in to score goals and I enjoy that a lot

Have stayed with Espanyol.. However added a new manager for Man Utd and will use a different tactic for them but allow a season to build up a squad then hopefully only 1 season of a hit!

End of the second season using Frankie False 9

Very similar to the past season,almost the same amount of goals scored but less against.

View attachment 301747 View attachment 301746 View attachment 301745

Lost the CL final vs Man U. in the overtime :(

Here Isco acting like a false 9

View attachment 301744

And here Lukaku as the top scorer

View attachment 301743

My rooster is not full of regens yet but I will continue with this tactic maybe 2 or 3 seasons more and then maybe will change to champion tactic.

Cheers mates!

End of the second season using Frankie False 9

Very similar to the past season,almost the same amount of goals scored but less against.

View attachment 770209 View attachment 770211 View attachment 770213

Lost the CL final vs Man U. in the overtime :(

Here Isco acting like a false 9

View attachment 770215

And here Lukaku as the top scorer

View attachment 770218

My rooster is not full of regens yet but I will continue with this tactic maybe 2 or 3 seasons more and then maybe will change to champion tactic.

Cheers mates!

this is superb, especially without regens!

As is quiet here will just update and say... using Frankie False 9 with Man utd and the Tag 2 with the width tweaked to 20 with Espanyol... Not scoring goals that you guys are but is going good in regards winning games.. Will have season finished by tomorrow to show how well seasons have gone with screenshots!

Recommendation:

Creating a false 9 I highly recommend using him as an AMC and then use these settings False 9 HERE
I have seen this in action and its perfect - try it out :)

If you want a goalscoring winger the following settings will help you Goalscoring Winger/Inside FW Settings Here

This is taken from username laffles of fmbase who created these for fm11 I think and I must say they are pretty well made I tried both the false 9 and the goalscoring winger and especially the false 9 is near perfect I think he worked on that one alot.

Here's the whole thread if interested in this resource - its good inspiration - Recreating the legends Thread

Cheers

ps. I'm playing poker at the moment, but it doesn't mean I'm finished playing fm13 - I'm just giving it a rest a little :)

Recommendation:

Creating a false 9 I highly recommend using him as an AMC and then use these settings False 9 HERE

If you want a goalscoring winger the following settings will help you Goalscoring Winger/Inside FW Settings Here

This is taken from username laffles of fmbase who created these for fm11 I think and I must say they are pretty well made I tried both the false 9 and the goalscoring winger and especially the false 9 is near perfect I think he worked on that one alot.

Here's the whole thread if interested in this resource - its good inspiration - Recreating the legends Thread

Cheers

ps. I'm playing poker at the moment, but it doesn't mean I'm finished playing fm13 - I'm just giving it a rest a little :)
I remember that post. The Messi and the Pele role are superb.

Recommendation:

Cheers

I tweaked the false 9 tactic and am using it with a new man utd save. so far its looking very good i must say :)

False 9 Tactic with Man Utd

Just finished the season in my save and it did very well for 1st season... Only got to extremely strong understanding at the end of January. Some screenshots pf season.

View attachment 300823

View attachment 300821

Tag 2 with width tweak at 20 with Espanyol.

Was a very good season winning almost every comp and not losing many games.. Did score the most league goals in this save. Some screenshots.

View attachment 300820

View attachment 300819

View attachment 300818

Back