Frankenstein Tactic 3-2-3-2

• Thread starter Thread starter bwomper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 281K
False 9 Tactic with Man Utd

Just finished the season in my save and it did very well for 1st season... Only got to extremely strong understanding at the end of January. Some screenshots pf season.

View attachment 772389

View attachment 772393

Tag 2 with width tweak at 20 with Espanyol.

Was a very good season winning almost every comp and not losing many games.. Did score the most league goals in this save. Some screenshots.

View attachment 772396

View attachment 772398

View attachment 772400

thats very nice

I tried frankie false 9 for 5 games but then went to another tactic so will have to revisit that

How did you feel about the play in tag 2 with width 20? did it seem better than the tag/tag 2?

The width at 20 seemed to me to be better as it looked good and created more chances, maybe not CCC but got in more shots and more of them on target. The players interacted to me a lot better with the 20 width, especially the DM's when going forward. Occasionally the DM's did want to be in the same space though and this caused minor problems with them losing the ball. All in all I found it better with the 20 tweak on width.

4231 - Messi-Pele-Emmerich by Jesaustralia

Ok I started a new save with an underdog team called FC Barcelona :D and tried to create a tactic that would implement these 3 roles False 9 Messi - False 9 playmaker Pele' (Complete forward) - & the wing striker Emmerich.

The Formation

View attachment 300781

The Squad + Ter Stegen

View attachment 300780

As you can see I swapped alot of players more for the future than anything else, but we all know how talented these are so ofcause a cheat. Maupay - Ongenda - Mastour - Fierro has been added as well to the youth squad - never know whats gonna happen in the future. I also set up several feeder clubs around europe Brondby - Zaragoza - Sassuolo - Espanol - Augsburg - Ajax - Tottenham - and very small club Avarta (2nd division in Denmark) a team their was very close to where I lived as a child. All these clubs I made financially rich I gave them a foreground sugardaddy I gave them a great sponsorship for their kit and a big wage budget, so it will be fun to follow these. Barca will have these feeder clubs forever as they are renewable. I will not manage these teams, but it will be fun to follow as something extra + I can send big talents to these clubs. Anyway let me know if you want me to upload this save game its including the most significant nations + Denmark which is only significant to me.

Let me know how you go their will probably be room for improvements as this is untested

Cheers

The width at 20 seemed to me to be better as it looked good and created more chances, maybe not CCC but got in more shots and more of them on target. The players interacted to me a lot better with the 20 width, especially the DM's when going forward. Occasionally the DM's did want to be in the same space though and this caused minor problems with them losing the ball. All in all I found it better with the 20 tweak on width.

that is good to hear...I will try with 20 width in my Real save but sometime later.

CCCs is not a good measure IMO. in quite a few of my high scoring games I have less CCCs but many many half chances.

Thank you very much for trying the change

Also good to see that you got better goals scored :)

Recommendation:

Creating a false 9 I highly recommend using him as an AMC and then use these settings False 9 HERE
I have seen this in action and its perfect - try it out :)

If you want a goalscoring winger the following settings will help you Goalscoring Winger/Inside FW Settings Here

This is taken from username laffles of fmbase who created these for fm11 I think and I must say they are pretty well made I tried both the false 9 and the goalscoring winger and especially the false 9 is near perfect I think he worked on that one alot.

Here's the whole thread if interested in this resource - its good inspiration - Recreating the legends Thread

Cheers

ps. I'm playing poker at the moment, but it doesn't mean I'm finished playing fm13 - I'm just giving it a rest a little :)

thanks for sharing that

I have an opinion about the goal scoring winger. I think team width plays a role, the wider the width the less invloved through the center the winger becomes

thanks for sharing that

I have an opinion about the goal scoring winger. I think team width plays a role, the wider the width the less invloved through the center the winger becomes

Yea I agree - but its a balancing act I don't think you will ever get a goal scoring winger having width set to 20, but 10 seems golden for that. I also think its important to have crosses on rare and run from deep rare and then have him challenge the centre by cutting inside. Again its important that the formation contains balance and thats why I used the formation above because it has alot of balance. Fullbacks with rare crosses seems to work very well too to support the winger with short passes.

The tactic above played its 1st friendly won 13-0 vs very poor team 8th division of spain or something - the play looked awesome but again poor team, I need to see it in action vs good team. Good assumption about the width champ

cheers

I just implemented the Messi-Pele-Emmerich roles into the Frankie False 9 tactic ( striker L/R are Messi role,centre striker is Pele and the mr/ml the emmerich role ). Not bad at all.Nice moves from the messi role in striker possition. Isco score for fun lol

Waiting to see your season jes!

I just implemented the Messi-Pele-Emmerich roles into the Frankie False 9 tactic ( striker L/R are Messi role,centre striker is Pele and the mr/ml the emmerich role ). Not bad at all.Nice moves from the messi role in striker possition. Isco score for fun lol

Waiting to see your season jes!

Well I'm not gonna do a season with it - I just wanted to test how the players act. Individually I like all 3 roles, but together I have my doubts. For me the Emmerich role is fantastic in the AM left side - for some reason. I used Neymar for that and he scored heaps of goals while Hulk in the right side didn't (I think Messi would though). The Messi false 9 was good, but not with tendency 60 goals in a season. The pele role (SC-complete forward) I didn't like alot he was often tracking towards the left side using Cavani that annoyed me. If I should say anything positive then it is the Emmerich role I think that role will do good in frankenstein all versions. I also saw something positive from the fullbacks - rare crosses very short passing notch 2-3 rare through ball - run from deep sometimes. Don't underestimate the players capabilities when setting sliders to rare - sometimes its a golden setting - even when what you would normally do would be the opposite.

cheers

ps I love Isco one of my favourite players

Last edited:
Yea I agree - but its a balancing act I don't think you will ever get a goal scoring winger having width set to 20, but 10 seems golden for that. I also think its important to have crosses on rare and run from deep rare and then have him challenge the centre by cutting inside. Again its important that the formation contains balance and thats why I used the formation above because it has alot of balance. Fullbacks with rare crosses seems to work very well too to support the winger with short passes.

The tactic above played its 1st friendly won 13-0 vs very poor team 8th division of spain or something - the play looked awesome but again poor team, I need to see it in action vs good team. Good assumption about the width champ

cheers

uptil now I find 3 striker tactic better if you want a wide goal-scoring winger (like neymar for e.g)

because goal scoring winger is likely to be a striker first and winger second, IMO its better to put him as a striker.

uptil now I find 3 striker tactic better if you want a wide goal-scoring winger (like neymar for e.g)

because goal scoring winger is likely to be a striker first and winger second, IMO its better to put him as a striker.

Good idea - you could try it out its just a matter of moving the wings to scr/l

cheers

4-2-3-1 by Jes

Just played 10 games with the tactic with Real Madrid and is going very well up to this point.

View attachment 773638

wow that's a good start - destroying Valencia away Napoli away its amazing!

do you get alot of possession?
whats your lineup especially the front 4

My teams team blend was really bad so I abandoned it for Frankenstein 2nd visit :) I'm always coming back to that one when I'm not satisfied with another tactic.

By the way the training I use is almost the same as always - this is how i do it now

team cohesion - low intensity - 50% - attacking movement

Cheers

The possession is about 60% at home and around 54% away. In the 10 games played, opps have only had 9 shots on target.. That is less than 1 shot on target a game... Which is awesome.. I did feel before Napoli I would struggle but didn't as you can see. Front 4 are 1st choice.... Benzema (ST), Isco or Kross (AMC) Rodriquez (AML) CR7 (AMR) Modric as back up on both sides and Bale too, also have played Bale as back up ST. Also played Isco on both wings too, seems to suit all 3 positions. The only players I got in were Laporte, Alaba and Maupay. So is more or less what you get at start of game in Summer database.

Training is Team Cohesion 40% High and attacking movement. Might try your way.

Thanks Jes :) Do you till use 4-2-3-1 tactic? Do the AMC False 9 and the Inside FW/Goalscoring WG work well together?

Last edited:
Thanks Jes :) Do you till use 4-2-3-1 tactic? Do the AMC False 9 and the Inside FW/Goalscoring WG work well together?

To be honest I'm not sure - I can't test it due to my awful team cohesion - I think the settings are good and works as intended, but its no 50-80 goals settings.

Its also so hard choosing a tactic these days - Frankenstein 2nd visit capable of scoring 14 goals in 1 match and its very attractive to use a tactic that scores many goals, while Wooow is up their as well. Several Mr. Langvatn tactics is highly successful, but my personal favourite is wooow because its play is beautiful and Frankenstein 2nd visit because of the ability to score many goals.

Settings togehter:

I don't think they work well together, but will probably work very well individually in other tactics. I don't know if Ossis is still testing this one, but he had success with it using it for 10 matches, Frankenstein overrides most due to its many goals :)

cheers

I tested so many new formations,tactics,roles,etc... but I always come back to Frankenstein Final Version or 2nd Visit.

Maybe I will try Wooow when my regens become stars,I tried mid season and doesnt work so nice for me,I know its probaly beacause the team gel level,so maybe in 2 or 3 season I will go with wooow. ;)

i was wondering why so many people were getting so many goals with non-regen teams and now I know why :)

This is one of the most ridiculous databases

just checked it out, 10 players have PA 200

25 have more than 190. the original database had only 2 IIRC (messi and Ronaldo) over 190

its a joke, falcao 199? Bale, Ronaldo, Abou Diaby (???), Varane all 200. Ramsey, Hamez 199?

to me this seems to have been made either by an Arsenal fan or a Madrid fan. The PA numbers are a joke.

Back