Frankenstein Tactic 3-2-3-2

• Thread starter Thread starter bwomper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 281K
I usually use The Frankenstein 10+ Home and away tactic from Jesaustralia and for the changes, they are:
DCR,DCL: reduce CF to Little( around 5).
AMR,AML: using this: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...ting-how-legends-play-emmerich-role-instr.png (increase CF & CL to 20)
And for the 2 Strikers just increase CF to 10 and make them Move into channels.
All this is my latest match, it 's my personal record about the shots in 1 match:
View attachment 785177

I think the better all your players are, the better football they will play.
PS: Sr for my bad english.

can you post full league table and list of fixtures?

what fullback settings are recommended for a variation of the frankenstein?

I am thinking mentality 20, CF 0, RWB often, RWB deep sometimes, through balls and cross sometimes, cross from byline, cross aim mixed, wide play normal

any suggestions?

what fullback settings are recommended for a variation of the frankenstein?

I am thinking mentality 20, CF 0, RWB often, RWB deep sometimes, through balls and cross sometimes, cross from byline, cross aim mixed, wide play normal

any suggestions?

I recommend to set cross to rare and try through balls to often=forward passes or rare=keep more possession.
Infact I recommend you to take off crosses for any player in fm13 - Indirectly recommended by WWFAN personal talk I had with him a while back about fm13. I also recommend you to ask yourself what players you think it would be good to have forward passes from and what players you want passes to the centre instead of forward=sometimes through balls. Someone said throughballs on rare works really well compared to often - I doubt that you will have a tactic that scores 15 goals on a setting like that. Its very hard to find a tactic that are capable of that in fm13.

About the fullbacks/wingbacks - I tried them with deep crosses and rare crosses and I felt it improved them - crosses became more a direct low pass which i enjoyed looking at - and if you add throughball to sometimes or often he should be forward thinking with a higher mentality as well - I also think he can carry a long passing style 15-20 - all that combined with great decisions quickness and offensive wingback attributes will make him do the job right :)

Oh and I agree with CF=0 - wideplay normal or cut inside - if its possible to train them to get the ppm rwb through the middle that would be interesting - if he has a power shot = (Roberto Carlos) :)

Let us know what you are doing mate - I will be playing the game soon again I think.

Cheers

I recommend to set cross to rare and try through balls to often=forward passes or rare=keep more possession.
Infact I recommend you to take off crosses for any player in fm13 - Indirectly recommended by WWFAN personal talk I had with him a while back about fm13. I also recommend you to ask yourself what players you think it would be good to have forward passes from and what players you want passes to the centre instead of forward=sometimes through balls. Someone said throughballs on rare works really well compared to often - I doubt that you will have a tactic that scores 15 goals on a setting like that. Its very hard to find a tactic that are capable of that in fm13.

About the fullbacks/wingbacks - I tried them with deep crosses and rare crosses and I felt it improved them - crosses became more a direct low pass which i enjoyed looking at - and if you add throughball to sometimes or often he should be forward thinking with a higher mentality as well - I also think he can carry a long passing style 15-20 - all that combined with great decisions quickness and offensive wingback attributes will make him do the job right :)

Oh and I agree with CF=0 - wideplay normal or cut inside - if its possible to train them to get the ppm rwb through the middle that would be interesting - if he has a power shot = (Roberto Carlos) :)

Let us know what you are doing mate - I will be playing the game soon again I think.

Cheers

thanks very much. I will indeed post what I am doing

In the meantime I have another question about the inside forward role given here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...ting-how-legends-play-emmerich-role-instr.png

would you suggest putting the closing down to 20 - and if so, what do you think will happen differently in terms of both individual and team play (sorry if the question is a bit philosophical/ theoretical)?

thanks very much. I will indeed post what I am doing

In the meantime I have another question about the inside forward role given here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...ting-how-legends-play-emmerich-role-instr.png

would you suggest putting the closing down to 20 - and if so, what do you think will happen differently in terms of both individual and team play (sorry if the question is a bit philosophical/ theoretical)?

Their won't be much difference, but if you want to closedown opponent fullback I would have it at 20 - be aware of strikers at 20 their is a closing down bug that makes the strikers closedown from the wrong side infact the midfielders are doing the strikers job which is a bit annoying - you should really consider to have the strikers on CD=0

Inside forwards CD=20 or the way the Emmerich role has it - I can vouch for 20 cause I'm using it right now - I can also say this is like a tiny change almost insignificant. The only problem is the strikers behaviour which is a big problem because it eleminates all organized pressure from the centre of the pitch.

Again I've been made aware of this through WWFAN TC creator & Match Engine Moderator

Cheers

OT.hi guys, does anyone transfers uptades the January transfers? thanks for the reply. sorry for my bad english.

Frankenstein 244 Wide-Striker & False 9 Playmaker Edition

The formation:

View attachment 294135

Its actually a 2332. Basically I had more world class midfielders than defenders so I wanted to try this. It works!

DMC is an anchorman with good pace and jumping. I actually find it more effective having someone in front of the backline gathering loose balls and always being available for the back pass from midfield and quick redistribution (it was very effective in bwomper's 3331).

Other DMs should be box to box with 15+ pace. Defenders need to be quick too other wise lots of goals can be conceded on the counter

The AML/AMR have the Emmerich role implemented which means that they are Inside Forwards so you should play complete forwards there. To make it more effective the overall team width was set to 5 as I feel that for the wide strikers to score more they should be narrow but feel free to try (and I would like to see the results) with width 10. Opposite foot preferred

The AMC has the Messi/False 9 role role implemented but it is not that different from Bwomper's AMC. However I have not seen it being very effective up till now so room for tweaking here. Creativity, Passing, Dribbling, Finishing, Flair, Decisions are important attributes, pace and acceleration 15+

The STCL has Bwompers original settings. This should be a tank striker (strength) - I also use him as my near post player on corners so either change that or make sure he is good jumping and heading

The STCR has the Pele role settings so should be a Complete forward, means all attributes should be very high. I find him effective

Mid-season results - very very promising.
View attachment 294134View attachment 294133

Goals conceded has gone up, understandable since there are only 2 defenders so attacks from flanks are more dangerous. It does help a lot if the defenders and DMs are quick.

I see more higher possession thanks to the DMC. The inside forwards do work very very well

Tactic attached
View attachment 294116

Last edited:
Looks like one of jes tweaks ( about the formation,not all the roles ). Nice but very dangerous with only 2 CD ( But with top class players can work so nice ). Nice tweak champ,maybe you have to upload the tactic to mediafire,it seems like you have problems attaching it to your post ;)

Looks like one of jes tweaks ( about the formation,not all the roles ). Nice but very dangerous with only 2 CD ( But with top class players can work so nice ). Nice tweak champ,maybe you have to upload the tactic to mediafire,it seems like you have problems attaching it to your post ;)

You are right against top team I would suggest moving to a back 3.

I would also like to see the roles (Messi, Pelle, Emmerich) applied to the original Frankentein final version

I also think we might be able to do without the AMC if we make the DMC more attacking and give him a lot of freedom in which case we can have a back 3. But I would want to make the DC somehow move into midfield so that he in effect replaces the anchorman but I am not sure if that is possible. Maybe put him as libero but I think he would be deeper than the other defenders. Will be trying some of these changes next season

Last edited:
You are right against top team I would suggest moving to a back 3.

I would also like to see the roles (Messi, Pelle, Emmerich) applied to the original Frankentein final version

I also think we might be able to do without the AMC if we make the DMC more attacking and give him a lot of freedom in which case we can have a back 3. But I would want to make the DC somehow move into midfield so that he in effect replaces the anchorman but I am not sure if that is possible. Maybe put him as libero but I think he would be deeper than the other defenders. Will be trying some of these changes next season

Make him a DC Libero - (not sweeper)

possible settings for a DC Libero

Mentality=20
Run from deep=often
Through balls=often

Close down=20
Tight marking=no
cross=rare
longshot=rare
run with ball=rare or sometimes
passing= 10-17
Tackling=Hard
Roaming=yes
creative freedom=0-10

No tight marking because I want him to be more positioned defensively and offensively - so I feel its better if he stands of opponent players. Like he find the space where he want to work - maybe add move into channels as well.

If he can cross=often & deep
If he is exellent at dribbling then run with ball=sometimes-often

Creativity - passing - decisions - anticipation - positioning14+ - offball10+ - composure - (Flair) - technique - acceleration - some pace

Hope this inspires :)

To everyone:

I don't know if I'm aloud to share this - so please let me know. I found this website that sells video games extremely cheap and I wanted to share it with you -

Cheap Video Games - Click Here

Cheers

244 Frankenstein End of season:

original tactic post: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...kenstein-tactic-3-2-3-2-a-55.html#post2578809

From an average of 6 goals/game in all competitions and 5.5/game in the league it fell to 5/goals a game overall and scored 181 goals (140 from open play) in the league which was a bit disappointing considering I had 200 (152 from open play) using 2nd visit with the same team

View attachment 293351

View attachment 293350View attachment 293352

View attachment 293349View attachment 293348

View attachment 293347View attachment 293346

View attachment 293355

View attachment 293353View attachment 293354

Last edited:
Frankenstein 334 Libero Edition

So first of all I know Jes worked on a 334 but I haven't tried it so if its anything similar than sorry Jes. Secondly thanks to Jes for suggesting the settings for a DC Libero

So the idea was to take the 244 but make it more safe so less goals are conceded while keeping the "idea" similar. The idea that is that there is one player who stays ahead of the defense (but behind the front 7) to mop up loose balls and is available for the safe back pass, while there are three midfielders in front of him in addition to the 2 strikers (with one of them being a creative one) and two inside forwards. The 244 attempted this by having 3 DMs and 1 AM but with the DMC being defensive. The 334 Libero edition does this my moving the AMC to DMC and giving him creative freedom while the DMC drops to DC but plays as a Libero.

View attachment 293213

View attachment 293345
View attachment 293344

So you get both a wider 3 man defense when out of possession but the extra man in midfield when in possession. The libero while not acting completely like an anchorman is still more influential than a normal defender b/c when in possession he move upfield with an average position of roughly the DMC in the 244. But he does more, sometimes starting attacks or dribbling to the box. He is not used for back-passes often by team mates even though he is in good position (comparing DMC in 244 with DC in 334 passing stats show that for the 244 the DMC usually has the most passes out of all players but the DC libero is usually behind even the other defenders sometimes). But I think he is still more effective in an attacking sense though I would prefer if he was used more often in maintaining possession

View attachment 293211libero settings

So for Libero, important attributes were already listed by Jes but I will repeat them - in addition to normal BPD stats (creativity,passing, decisions, anticipation, positioning, composure) which should be higher than average too he should have dribbling, off the ball too plus pace and acceleration is always important for defenders. Infact most of my best back 3 dont have a lot of jumping or strength but are very good technical and quick so I would recommend fast defenders (even retrained FBs with 12+ jumping and 14+ heading)

There are two versions. The only difference is that in v3 the DCL and DCR are set to run with ball often and cross sometimes as both my DCL and DCR are high in dribbling, crossing, pace and acceleration. It didn't hinder me defensively and they popped up with couple of goals and assists (nothing game changing though, feel free to use v2)

View attachment 293210 crossing DCL/DCR settings

e.g. of DCR/DCL for v3: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...ic-3-2-3-2-chris-joseph_-overview-profile.png. These are also the sort of players who can play the libero role, but make sure passing is 15+ and creativity 14+

Also note, STCR is a false 9 so should have creativity, teamwork, flair, passing. STCL is tank striker or as I would like to refer it as a strong or target man type poacher. STCR is also near post corner man so change if you have better jumper+header.
e.g http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...-2-3-2-andrea-morelli_-overview-profile-2.png is a tank striker but can also be used as false 9

AMR/AML are inside forwards so again use quick complete forwards
e.g: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...-3-2-3-2-rosario-ragusa_-overview-profile.png

All DMS are creative box to box types. make sure the DMC has the highest creativity, passing, and DECISIONS as he has creative freedom. You can use your retrained AMC - mine had 9-11 tackling, positioning, marking and I retrained him to DM - so it can work as long as the other DML/DMR are better defensively
View attachment 293212 DMC settings

e.g of player I retrained for DMC role: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...ic-3-2-3-2-armand-koffi_-overview-profile.png

e.g of DMCR/DMCL: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...3-2-3-2-stathis-aniotis_-overview-profile.png

Results next:
200 league goals scored again, 153 from open play and 47 set pieces - almost 100% identical to 2nd visit. Only 9 goals conceded!
Won everything except the first french cup (had to play kids as somehow squad was travelling and not available)
5.4 goals/game overall average - my personal best

League & CL overview, Squad stats and full season summary

View attachment 293325 View attachment 293335

View attachment 293332 View attachment 293327

Detailed League Tables & Stats
View attachment 293331View attachment 293330

View attachment 293336View attachment 293338

View attachment 293337View attachment 293326

Full fixtures:
View attachment 293329View attachment 293328

CL detailed stats:
View attachment 293334View attachment 293341

View attachment 293340View attachment 293343

View attachment 293342

View attachment 293333View attachment 293339

For next season:

I am either going to try team width 10 or make the false 9 (STCR) into a Pele role or both. Feel free to use these existing tactic this way I would like to see the results

Last edited:
Frankenstein 334 Libero Edition

So first of all I know Jes worked on a 334 but I haven't tried it so if its anything similar than sorry Jes. Secondly thanks to Jes for suggesting the settings for a DC Libero

So the idea was to take the 244 but make it more safe so less goals are conceded while keeping the "idea" similar. The idea that is that there is one player who stays ahead of the defense (but behind the front 7) to mop up loose balls and is available for the safe back pass, while there are three midfielders in front of him in addition to the 2 strikers (with one of them being a creative one) and two inside forwards. The 244 attempted this by having 3 DMs and 1 AM but with the DMC being defensive. The 334 Libero edition does this my moving the AMC to DMC and giving him creative freedom while the DMC drops to DC but plays as a Libero.

So you get both a wider 3 man defense when out of possession but the extra man in midfield when in possession. The libero while not acting completely like an anchorman is still more influential than a normal defender b/c when in possession he move upfield with an average position of roughly the DMC in the 244. But he does more, sometimes starting attacks or dribbling to the box. He is not used for back-passes often by team mates even though he is in good position (comparing DMC in 244 with DC in 334 passing stats show that for the 244 the DMC usually has the most passes out of all players but the DC libero is usually behind even the other defenders sometimes). But I think he is still more effective in an attacking sense though I would prefer if he was used more often in maintaining possession

So for Libero, important attributes were already listed by Jes but I will repeat them - in addition to normal BPD stats (creativity,passing, decisions, anticipation, positioning, composure) which should be higher than average too he should have dribbling, off the ball too plus pace and acceleration is always important for defenders. Infact most of my best back 3 dont have a lot of jumping or strength but are very good technical and quick so I would recommend fast defenders (even retrained FBs with 12+ jumping and 14+ heading)

There are two versions. The only difference is that in v3 the DCL and DCR are set to run with ball often and cross sometimes as both my DCL and DCR are high in dribbling, crossing, pace and acceleration. It didn't hinder me defensively and the popped up with couple of goals and assists (nothing game changing though, feel free to use v2)

View attachment 790139
View attachment 790140

Also note, STCR is a false 9 so should have creativity, teamwork, flair, passing. STCL is tank striker or as I would like to refer it as a strong or target man type poacher. STCR is also near post corner man so change if you have better jumper+header.

AMR/AML are inside forwards so again use quick complete forwards

All DMS are creative box to box types. make sure the DMC has the highest creativity, passing, and DECISIONS as he has creative freedom. You can use your retrained AMC - mine had 9-11 tackling, positioning, marking and I retrained him to DM - so it can work as long as the other DML/DMR are better defensively

Results next:

200 league goals scored again, 153 from open play and 47 set pieces - almost 100% identical to 2nd visit. Only 9 goals conceded!
Won everything except the first french cup (had to play kids as somehow squad was travelling and not available)
5.4 goals/game overall average - my personal best

League & CL overview, Squad stats and full season summary

View attachment 790193 View attachment 790166

View attachment 790175 View attachment 790189

Detailed League Tables & Stats
View attachment 790178View attachment 790181

View attachment 790163View attachment 790157

View attachment 790160View attachment 790190

Full fixtures:
View attachment 790183View attachment 790186

CL detailed stats:
View attachment 790169View attachment 790148

View attachment 790151View attachment 790142

View attachment 790145

View attachment 790172View attachment 790154

For next season:

I am either going to try team width 10 or make the false 9 (STCR) into a Pele role or both. Feel free to use these existing tactic this way I would like to see the results

****** impressive presentation - good job pal!

Morelli 115 goals wow!!!!!!! (Attention - Not World of Warcraft) just very impressive :)

How is your possession in general and your shots on goal ?

I mean if you have pulled off the libero role it would be fantastic - if you are looking for a more retaining possession kind of libero i recommend rare through balls and shorter passing and a lower mentality 10-15
(The perfect settings for that are in their somewhere)

I have downloaded version 2 and will look into this at one point. Been spending a bit of time today looking at computers and what to get if I buy one and now its 5:30am jeeeez :) - oh well coffee time soon.

No I know you have an amazing Marseille team - you should upload your save for me to try :) - but 115 goals from one player is mind blowing I think my best is in the 60's somewhere.

Anyway champ - keep posting your progress its really exciting to read and keep your enthusiasm high it makes us all motivated to keep playing this game.

Cheers

****** impressive presentation - good job pal!

Morelli 115 goals wow!!!!!!! (Attention - Not World of Warcraft) just very impressive :)

How is your possession in general and your shots on goal ?

I mean if you have pulled off the libero role it would be fantastic - if you are looking for a more retaining possession kind of libero i recommend rare through balls and shorter passing and a lower mentality 10-15
(The perfect settings for that are in their somewhere)

I have downloaded version 2 and will look into this at one point. Been spending a bit of time today looking at computers and what to get if I buy one and now its 5:30am jeeeez :) - oh well coffee time soon.

No I know you have an amazing Marseille team - you should upload your save for me to try :) - but 115 goals from one player is mind blowing I think my best is in the 60's somewhere.

Anyway champ - keep posting your progress its really exciting to read and keep your enthusiasm high it makes us all motivated to keep playing this game.

Cheers

well Morelli is my near post corner player, my PK taker, FK taker so he will get loads of goals. think about 90% of the goals from corners are his.

About the libero I am not sure his is as amazing as you might think. I just like to have a player in the space between defense and attack and he does that job mostly. I am sure it can be improved a lot. btw I have kept his passing short

Possession in most games is in the 60's range, 70's against really poor teams but against top teams away it can get less. against barca for e.g it was 39% away but 57% home, v Man City 46% away and 60% home.

Shots on target is an issue sometimes but it doesn't frustrate me watching on extended because they are good shots in good positions whereas with other variations especially the 3 striker tactic there are many many poor shots from outside the box. in fact I'd recommend watching this on extended as with Key you sometimes have like 30-40 mins without highlights which may make it seem like nothing is going on but a lot of good football is played

shots range from 20-48, shots on target from 10-30 depending on the opposition. I'd say on average 50-65% shots are on target

Last edited:
well Morelli is my near post corner player, my PK taker, FK taker so he will get loads of goals. think about 90% of the goals from corners are his.

About the libero I am not sure his is as amazing as you might think. I just like to have a player in the space between defense and attack and he does that job mostly. I am sure it can be improved a lot. btw I have kept his passing short

Possession in most games is in the 60's range, 70's against really poor teams but against top teams away it can get less. against barca for e.g it was 39% away but 57% home, v Man City 46% away and 60% home.

Shots on target is an issue sometimes but it doesn't frustrate me watching on extended because they are good shots in good positions whereas with other variations especially the 3 striker tactic there are many many poor shots from outside the box. in fact I'd recommend watching this on extended as with Key you sometimes have like 30-40 mins without highlights which may make it seem like nothing is going on but a lot of good football is played

shots range from 20-48, shots on target from 10-30 depending on the opposition. I'd say on average 50-65% shots are on target

If you want someone between defence and attack to recycle possession I recommend highly that you take a look at the anchorman role from the TC - I believe Goaall262 - Langvatn tribute - & The Champ are using this. Also you might want to skip creative freedom for your DMC and let him follow a strict idea - I haven't looked at this tactic yet, but it could be same setting for both libero and dmc to create a balance and a dmcl/r with higher mentality than the dmc.

Anyway when creating tactics I always have it on comprehensive highlights when watching the games minimum extended highlights for me. The matches oone of the most important aspects of this game.

Promising stuff mate!!!

Cheers

If you want someone between defence and attack to recycle possession I recommend highly that you take a look at the anchorman role from the TC - I believe Goaall262 - Langvatn tribute - & The Champ are using this. Also you might want to skip creative freedom for your DMC and let him follow a strict idea - I haven't looked at this tactic yet, but it could be same setting for both libero and dmc to create a balance and a dmcl/r with higher mentality than the dmc.

Anyway when creating tactics I always have it on comprehensive highlights when watching the games minimum extended highlights for me. The matches oone of the most important aspects of this game.

Promising stuff mate!!!

Cheers

thanks

yes when tweaking its best to see as much as possible otherwise you skip important aspect of build up play, defense and so on.

the point i was trying to make about recycling possession was to have the libero DC to do it so that in possession there is an extra man in midfield so as to speak but out of possession you have the safety of a back 3 which is why I wanted to go from the 244 to the 334

the reason I gave the DMC creative freedom was that I want him to sort of replicate the freedom demonstrated by the AMC in the orignal frankentien/244. As I said before the idea is to have something similar to the 244 tweak but the AMC moves to DMC and the DMC moves to DC but their settings/roles are changed so that they try to mimic the roles in the 244

Last edited:
thanks

yes when tweaking its best to see as much as possible otherwise you skip important aspect of build up play, defense and so on.

the point i was trying to make about recycling possession was to have the libero DC to do it so that in possession there is an extra man in midfield so as to speak but out of possession you have the safety of a back 3 which is why I wanted to go from the 244 to the 334

the reason I gave the DMC creative freedom was that I want him to sort of replicate the freedom demonstrated by the AMC in the orignal frankentien/244. As I said before the idea is to have something similar to the 244 tweak but the AMC moves to DMC and the DMC moves to DC but their settings/roles are changed so that they try to mimic the roles in the 244
You can make the STCR with Pele role ( with 20 of CF ) and skip creative freedom from the DMs. And maybe put the STCR like the playmaker ( anybody know if the playmaker option in classic tactics works well? )

I will try your tactic with "classic" DMs settings,the Pele role for the right striker,the 2nd Visit width and maybe in future a little bit less offensive mentallity for the Libero ( just 3 or 4 notches less )

Back