Frankenstein Tactic 3-2-3-2

• Thread starter Thread starter bwomper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 281K
Thanks for that. I think I will still give it a go.
Is there anyway you could add the corner tactic that jesaustralia uses??
by the way I'm still having great results with this tac. I swap between this and broke back mountain

Hey guys, I'm back!

Someone still playing with Jes' revisited tweak? I am thinking about giving it a try! :)

Hello there. Just wanted to post my own experimenting based on your Frankenstein tactic Bwomper.
The formation is 3-2-2-3.

The main idea behind this counterattacking tactic, is to use goalkeeper as the playmaker, so that the ball will be passed around between the defence and the goalkeeper, then when the opportunity arises the ball will be passed out to one of the wings or through the middle either long directly to the forwards or through the central centreback who works as a libero.

Timewasting is maxed out with the purpose to keep the ball in defense, but it also stops some of the counter attacks because sometimes the players decide to pass the ball backwards when there is a chance to counter. Even still, I have tried to lower the timewasting, but these experiments were less successfull.

Speed is also maxed out, as keeping the ball for a long time in defence can lead to your defenders getting caught on the ball, and the passing speed helps getting the ball forward quickly on the counter.

Passing is set to mixed in defence and defensive midfield, as to give the players a bigger freedom of choice in passing, which I think is important especially when playing against teams who like to press high up the pitch.

Creativity is set low on the defensive midfielders, to ensure the ball is passed around quickly. Creativity is set to high in defence, since the opposition pressure is usually not as high there, and thus the defenders can take their time to choose whether to pass the ball to the goalkeeper, one of the defensive midfielders, longer to one of the wings, or even straight to the forwards.

Well I could go on, but I think I have written enough. I have explained the main idea. Feel free to try it out, I have had great success with it with Arsenal, Genk and Aldershot.

Last edited:
Hello there. Just wanted to post my own experimenting based on your Frankenstein tactic Bwomper.
The formation is 3-2-2-3.

The main idea behind this counterattacking tactic, is to use goalkeeper as the playmaker, so that the ball will be passed around between the defence and the goalkeeper, then when the opportunity arises the ball will be passed out to one of the wings or through the middle either long directly to the forwards or through the central centreback who works as a libero.

Timewasting is maxed out with the purpose to keep the ball in defense, but it also stops some of the counter attacks because sometimes the players decide to pass the ball backwards when there is a chance to counter. Even still, I have tried to lower the timewasting, but these experiments were less successfull.

Speed is also maxed out, as keeping the ball for a long time in defence can lead to your defenders getting caught on the ball, and the passing speed helps getting the ball forward quickly on the counter.

Passing is set to mixed in defence and defensive midfield, as to give the players a bigger freedom of choice in passing, which I think is important especially when playing against teams who like to press high up the pitch.

Creativity is set low on the defensive midfielders, to ensure the ball is passed around quickly. Creativity is set to high in defence, since the opposition pressure is usually not as high there, and thus the defenders can take their time to choose whether to pass the ball to the goalkeeper, one of the defensive midfielders, longer to one of the wings, or even straight to the forwards.

Well I could go on, but I think I have written enough. I have explained the main idea. Feel free to try it out, I have had great success with it with Arsenal, Genk and Aldershot.
Thanks mate,I will try your settings next season in my Real Madrid save. I come back to this tactic (the 2nd Visit) after trying new formations ( a non striker one is nice especially ) because I think this is one of the best tactics for me and I just enjoy it like no other. Good to see some people is continue plauing FM13,the best one for me ;) cheers!

Well I just try this new tactic (full fluid in 3 games) and first of all : this tactic look soooo diferent to Frankenstein so you can name it like you want and make all yours without problem lol. The formation is not new for me,but other thing is the role settings. Personally,maybe for my team configuration,dont like so much the way the team plays,I ended all the games winning with 1 goal difference and the play is not so funny for me.It doesnt mean is a bad tactic,but you need a different team kind of players.But its just my opinion of course. I will continue with the 2nd Visit since I was thinking in give a new chance to Woow tactic but I think 2nd Visit fix like a glove with my actual roster and dont want to change that. Cheers mates and keep playing fm13!! ;)

Hello again. I did wonder if I had tinkered too much with the original tactic to put it here, but then again I thought it best to post it here since I did start out with your tactic. Anyways thank you for trying it out, and sorry for putting it here since it has changed too much from its original.

Just out of curitosity, since you tried the tactic, did you concede many goals, and how was your average shot ratio?

Last edited:
Hello again. I did wonder if I had tinkered too much with the original tactic to put it here, but then again I thought it best to post it here since I did start out with your tactic. Anyways thank you for trying it out, and sorry for putting it here since it has changed too much from its original.

Just out of curitosity, since you tried the tactic, did you concede many goals, and how was your average shot ratio?
dont worry you can put all the tactics you want there if you feel is Frankie related,I just say my own opinion ;)

I end the 3 games with all wins : 3-2 / 1-2 / 2-1 in all the 3 games plus 15 shoots to goal . I think is not a tactic problem is more a team configuration and my own likes and dislikes. Feel free to put some screens of your tactic and how it goes with your teams :)

View attachment 222287 I feel happy again with this tactic :P. Lets see if I can beat my personal record of 197 goals for. I play with 2nd Visit with my strikers looking for score at corners.

Have a great weekend people!

View attachment 958996 I feel happy again with this tactic :P. Lets see if I can beat my personal record of 197 goals for. I play with 2nd Visit with my strikers looking for score at corners.

Have a great weekend people!

very nice!! - have you had die for each other team cohesion since beginning or has it reached it during your 18 matches?
Theirs a big chance you will break your record!!! - When you have time and want to try some things - I recommend you to take off the OI's completely and then see what happens. I have a feeling that tactics can be more destroyed when adding OI's or atleast in some cases, so as an experiment you should try and play the matches without OI's, if that doesn't work you should try only to add the show to weaker foot and nothing else, if that doesn't work as well go back no OI's and focus on the closing down. I think your tactic will work without OI's :)

Cheers pal and keep updating - I love to read other peoples progress

very nice!! - have you had die for each other team cohesion since beginning or has it reached it during your 18 matches?
Theirs a big chance you will break your record!!! - When you have time and want to try some things - I recommend you to take off the OI's completely and then see what happens. I have a feeling that tactics can be more destroyed when adding OI's or atleast in some cases, so as an experiment you should try and play the matches without OI's, if that doesn't work you should try only to add the show to weaker foot and nothing else, if that doesn't work as well go back no OI's and focus on the closing down. I think your tactic will work without OI's :)

Cheers pal and keep updating - I love to read other peoples progress
It was reached during the season,In fact I reached at the 10th date. I will go with this tactic with no more changes and next season I will go all season without OIs and will see. Thanks for the advice mate ;)

I went back to the original Frankie with the OI's set into the tactic with my long Espanyol save. Won everything, but nothing really special that I have not done before... Except that I finally got a striker to break my goal scoring record for the season. He got 66 goals in 60 games, now not anywhere near as good as some of you have done, but is a record for me!

I went back to the original Frankie with the OI's set into the tactic with my long Espanyol save. Won everything, but nothing really special that I have not done before... Except that I finally got a striker to break my goal scoring record for the season. He got 66 goals in 60 games, now not anywhere near as good as some of you have done, but is a record for me!

66 is exellent - I have had Maupay reach simular numbers, but that was a modified Maupay giving him better technique -flair and quickness. On the other hand I have tried a modified Lukaku, which was a combination of a tank and a quick flair player, he scored over a 100, but for me these don't count because they surpass the potential of 200 and probably closer to 300 :) - my point is 66 is a great number and you should be very proud of it :)

I have heard of a guy that hit 90 goals with Muniain, whether he was modified or not I don't know - what tactic he utilized wasn't told either. If that was without any sort of cheat - that is the biggest number I've heard off, I think Champ did some high numbers as well with some of his regents.

Cheers

With the champs tactic the 343 libero revisited one regen of mine make 68 goals on 34 league games (87 in 53 total games). This tactic make the left striker score for fun. But yeah,one regen of champ with the 2nd visit make more than 100 goals in a season. I have a nice tank/all around striker who have 39 goals in 24 league games with Frankie.I realy like when I see this tactic works so fine in so many thing...beauty play nice amount of goals,etc.

With the champs tactic the 343 libero revisited one regen of mine make 68 goals on 34 league games (87 in 53 total games). This tactic make the left striker score for fun. But yeah,one regen of champ with the 2nd visit make more than 100 goals in a season. I have a nice tank/all around striker who have 39 goals in 24 league games with Frankie.I realy like when I see this tactic works so fine in so many thing...beauty play nice amount of goals,etc.

87 goals is alot of goals - and is the one I count as the true record :)

I'm hoping this guy will compete with that in two or three seasons

View attachment 221902 View attachment 221901

I'm tutoring him right now by Messi and as you can see he's far from fully developed - I think the attributes on him is crazy + his height 203cm Jeez!! :) He's almost already perfect as a tank, just a little more jumping and a year of strenght - then quickness and technique and finishing should be the sole focus - the negative about this fella is his bravery - it could certainly be better. I can also add I used him in the first copa del rey match against a poor team and he scored on his debut - so its someone for me to mold into a star lol.

Cheers pals

I'm just gonna move myself to this thread for a while to keep things in one place.

I wanna show some results from my modified 442 trippletweaked version - Extremely strong understanding in all matches I have not reached the crucial level above yet.

View attachment 221900

Latest match - with what I call my best line up

View attachment 221898

Euro supercup vs Everton

View attachment 221897

I hate conceeding - especially when playing at home, but I conceeded just as much in the original 442 trippletweaked - look at half chances and clear cuts - Ath Bilbao is one of the teams I always highly respect - same goes for Granada - away from home these two teams are unpredictable :)

View attachment 221895

I think this screenshot tells about quality - away vs Juventus - Juventus 1 shot I expected a bit more from them.

View attachment 221894

Just wanna show the superiority - normally another unpredictable opponent R.Sociedad

View attachment 221893

Don't remember, but I'm sure its a good result

View attachment 221892

Just a last match to show. But in general the team score more than 5 goals on average, so I'm pretty happy with that, but now I can also add that the opponents we have played haven't been Sevilla - RMA or ATH Madrid - so still some real tough matches to come. I'm also still waiting on the higher team cohesion which I'm trying to get naturally while still using team cohesion and attacking movement. I can also add I don't use Messi alot, but when he comes on he's a supersub. Pohjanpalo is actually a great player and could do well in any top club around europe for sure - I obviously prefer Maupay and Lukaku its something that I see in them visually that makes me prefer the two - they are a great couple :)

Alright guys I hope its ok I hijacked this thread and moved myself to here for a bit and if ok I will update any progress made.

Cheers - TURKEY TIME :) - my mothers cooking mmmmhhh :)

two of the toughest away matches of the season

away vs Valencia - a team I forgot to mention before - they are ofcause also always among the great teams of spain

View attachment 221878

They were outclassed - so I guess this is a special result, I saw Alaba give the ball away to Negredo - it looked really dumb - maybe because the defenders have through balls set to often - so something to consider as a tweak in defence.

away vs Real Madrid - one of the best teams in the world no doubt and for sure a great legendary team in Spain

View attachment 221877

Truth be told it was as tough as expected - I really wanted to win it as it would make it 11 wins out of 11 + it is the toughest fixture in la liga for Barcelona away vs RMA. Dede and the corners proved to be the real decider. We started off really badly by conceeding on a corner our selves - CR7 rised up a headed into the back of the net, but Mangala finished off a move after a failed corner, but the ball came out to Koke and he crossed it in to an unmarked Mangala 1-1, from then on Dede scored two in a row from corner kicks halftime 3-1 lead. Kroos 3-2 don't remember the details, but the ***** slammed it into our goal and the pressure was on for 30 minutes. Messi on Wanyama on and Regent right winger on. 20 minutes to go Ramos sees red, nothing happens and nothing happens some more - then 4 minutes of extra time - the 4 minutes are up RMA on the counter crosses it in and CR7 gets a header on the post - so close!!!!! - in the next attack we counter them and Neymar crosses it to my regent Fernandes and its 4-2 - phewww what a match I'm glad its over - I didn't feel safe in this one and maybe it wasn't deserved in this match. Final note - the team cohesion is still extremely strong understanding, it all will be alot smoother when die for each other arrives.

Just checked alot of my youth team and their are some gems among them all - almost to many, but some will be amazing and will probably be promoted next season. Mastour the ingame talent is being retrained as a striker and he just need a little strenght and finishing then he will be a superstar, I'm blown away by some of the players I'm developing - some of them could go straight into the 1st team now, but I'd like to wait.

Cheers guys

NEW TACTIC!!!

4-4-2 Direct Attacking - Featuring MR.L In Defence by Jesau

View attachment 221798

So before we begin to start talking about this tactic is MR. Langvatn's tactic I just want to say - Its not!!!. I created this using some of his framework from the 442 trippletweaked, if not some crucial parts of his defensive ideas behind that tactic - its kept all the same. The formation its self has been created long before most of us was born so noone can really say that's mine. For fm13 though Mr. Langvatn noticed long ago that this sort of formation would go a long way if utilized correctly and will be no doubt remembered as one of the greatest formations for fm13. The tactic itsself that Mr. L created was also with some excentric settings that proved highly efficient and in this tactic some of that is kept.

So for the reason I call this my tactic is the ongoing action it provides on the pitch is very different from Mr. Langvatn's trippletweaked version. All players sudden have the passing slider set to 15 which equals direct passing - all players have also try through balls set to often - which equals balls played forward more than backward - in that way their is no patience in this tactic - the team that plays with it wants to attack and keep on attacking - just like a KO fighter in boxing that keeps overwhelming their opponent :)

The strikers are changed alot - I like them to backtrack and interact in the passing game - so they do - I kept the roaming on cause I actually like that they try to find space - what I didn't like was the hugging the line setting on the wideplay so I said Cut inside like the strikers in BBM.

I don't remember what else I changed, but It significantly looks like a different tactic - the way it behave in the 3D match engine.

The roles I use

Gk - Ter stegen is great - Lloris is just as great - I wish I had Courtois :) - just use a great goalkeeper

DL/R or WBL/R - I train fullbacks in both the fullback schedule and the wingback schedule I want them to be good at both anticiaption - concentration - decisions - workrate - stamina - teamwork - positioning - tackling and crossing - quickness has to be decent 13+.

CD's - I like them fairly quick acceleration more important than pace - and then strong solid defenders who is exceptional in jumping/heading and all defender important attributes like some of the mentality attributes. The right centre defender I use DEDE with great success - this could easily be Kara Mbodj - the senegalese tower. On the left I use Mangala as the first choice partner to DEDE - both are really quick which is a good double cover to have against quick opponents - one skill that defenders often don't train is his anticipation - when he has enough about him in the normal defender attributes - switch to the sweeper schedule - that will train alot of the mental attributes and his acceleration, but not strenght - so make sure he has enough of that.

DMC's - Make sure the following attributes are covered first - tackling 10 - marking 10 more is better, but we don't focus on that. Workrate as high as possible - strenght as high as possible - teamwork as high as possible - so I recommend switching very early on to the box to box midfielder schedule - the finishing attribute is very important in all of this so is anticipation and decisions - when I find that the player has enough about him - I switch schedule to the complete forward in order to train the creativity attribute as well - a great example of a great box to box are - Ramsey and Pogba - they are my preferred midfield in fm13.

ML/R - This one is hard to explain - I use the winger schedule so they can become great wingers - especially the dribbling attribute and his quickness I find extremely important - crossing is already good at 11+, but more is better - then I also want the fella to be a good finisher because he gets into situations where he roam and sometimes need to cut inside or he is at the back post where he can tap it in from their - so a strong foot in the side he plays in is crucial - don't treat him like an inside forward - in the match engine it seems like left on left makes him more efficient and right on right the same. I retrained Neymar as an ML and he's a 1st team regular beating Hazard often for the ML position, but its a very close call between the two. - they are both very good with both their feet - which is an advantage to have when you are a great dribbler or finisher. Use the wing schedule and the poacher schedule and if you feel the need for more like creativity then go for the complete forward schedule. I like that this position has a certain degree of flair the higher the better. Koke is by the way an exellent choice for the MR position - he could be quicker, but he does the job very well. Deulofeu looks great MR too.

Both Strikers - I prefer strikers to be a bit of everything - Maupay being one of my favourites - strenght creativity technique quickness and finishing that's what I look for. They don't need good jumping or heading, but if they have it its a bonus. Messi doesn't have alot of strenght, but due to his godly skills he can do well in any tactical framework. Great complete forwards to use is someone like Lukaku - Suarez probably the best - Pohjanpalo when developed - Ongenda - Fierro - even Neymar - Cornelius - Helenius - CR7 - Halilovic retrained - Mastour retrained - Falcao - Benteke - Ibrahimovic - Ademilson - Damiao - Cavani - regents will better than all of these. I use a complete forward schedule and if I feel one area is lacking I'm considering the poacher schedule - but in general I want the strikers to be complete.

Training when extremly strong understanding

View attachment 221784

Training when die for each other

View attachment 221783

I expect you to be aware of how to make the tactic fully fluid/familiar yourself - so I won't go into that. I also expect you to be aware on how to micro manage - resting the players individually straight after each match so they can get as close to 100% condition towards the next match.

I expect you to be aware that signing new players will upset the gel and your performances will drop. I also expect you to be aware that if promoting a young player to the 1st team then it acts as buying a new player and can hurt the team cohesion just as well.

Bottom line is - in order for any tactic to explode to its full potential - you will need the team cohesion to be at die for each other. What I also believe strongly in about this very tactic - great players in combination with a great team in combination with a great cohesion in combination with a great morale equals great results and great play.

Cheers and have fun - and please report back in this thread on how you go if you try it.

League table below - team cohesion at extremely strong understanding using attacking movement which was a wrong move by me. Potential was not fulfilled in these first 19 matches + I promoted youngsters which disrupted the team cohesion and it never got better.

View attachment 221782

For the full season league table - go here

Last edited:
Back