From McDonald's to Mixco: Two Englishmen in Guatemala

Who will win 'Liga Nacional' or 'Caribbean/North America Champions League' first?

• EvertonianChriss

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • The Shots

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
EvertonianChriss and TheShots

What is this story about? Simple. Me and TheShots are competing to see who can make it to the top of the Caribbean (by winning the Caribbean Champions League) and along the way take a Primera Division A side in Guatemala to the Liga Nacional. Please follow the story as we'll be sure to make it interesting to read and hopefully earn some success as we start from the low leagues. Constructive criticism is welcome more than anything, but please drop a comment from time to time. ;)

Thanks to KingEric, Finn and Nick Main who created the additional leagues in the Caribbean in their thread here.

More updates to come shortly

125px-Flag_of_Guatemala.svg.png
PrimeraDivision.jpg

The Guatemala News

The Guatemala Sport is proud to be the first newspaper worldwide, well, the only newspaper worldwide, to announce CD Mixco’s new boss, Chris Waring.

The 28 year old Evertonian fan picks up the reins of former manager Henry Barrientos in the hopes of taking Mixco to the top of the Guatemala Footballing System. The Englishman was favourite to succeed Mr. Barrientos, and has now been confirmed as the manager of Primera Division Group A side CD Mixco.

dep_mixco.jpg

The team plays its home games at the Estadio Julio Armando Cobar San Miguel Pepata, below, and Chris Waring’s preferred formation to line up is 4-5-1.

Julio_Cobar4.jpg

CD Mixco are in the 2nd tier of Guatemalan Football, equivalent to the Coca-Cola Championship, but the quality of players are more equivalent to the Coca-Cola League Two. Upon arrival at the Estadio Julio Armando Pepata, Chris Waring told the media
“I’m delighted to be able to manage CD Mixco. I feel with a few key players this team can get promoted first season, then the hard work starts from there. However, I’m only focused on bringing the best players available to the side, and my plans are to build for now, produce an established side then build for the future.”

Good luck to The Shots, who I will be doing the joint story with

vs

mixco.png

After Henry Barrientos quit in order to boost his carrer we have hired a new manager in order to try and acheive promotion this year. As you may know everyone was dissapointed with last season. We advertised jobs in England in order to get a new type of managerial skill.
After a few meetings we decided that the new manager would be former Aldershots youth coach Josh Creighton. he has been given a two year contract.

As you know the club has had some recent financial trouble. We needed someone in who would sort out the money, and fast.
creighton released some youth and let a few players go.

Upon arrival at the Estadio Julio Armando Pepata, the Club interviewed him and he had this to say:
Josh Creighton said:
I am absolutly delighted to be hired. I know little spanish but I got an A in my GCSE, so I know a few phrases. I have been concentrating very hard since I got the call to come and join the club. this is truely a dream come true. Before you ask I will only make a few transfers in order for the club to win the league and get promoted.

Key players:

Carlos Morales
200px-Carlos_Morales_CPFC_USA.jpg

Jimmy Benito
image_jotac.php

Hessler Archilo
image_jotac.php

bbcsport.2.u.png

Now an Englishman has taken up a job in Guatemala, BBC Sport have started a special program to encorage british managers outside of Europe to join a new club.
Now this has been anounced the BBC will folow Creightons career to see how he gets along and may be featured on the show.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

mixco.png

EXTRACT FROM BBC SPORT
bbcsport.2.u.png

Pre-Season was really a time for Creighton to get to know his side.

He decided that the assistant could do well, and in order to get the fans point of view he decided to watch from the only stand.

The matches were mainly a success only losing one out of eight. The biggest win was the one against Juventud Retalteca when they won 3-0.

The results were:

Mixco 3-0 Mixco Reserves

Mixco 1-0 Chiantla

Mixco 0-0 Xinalbujal

Mixco 1-2 Once Lobos

Mixco 2-0 Titán

Mixco 1-0 Athlético Marte

Mixco 3-2 Xelajú

Mixco 2-0 Juventud Retalteca

Deportivo%20Mixco.gif

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Comment if you are following, or give any advise ;)

Pre-Season

attachment.php

Pre-Season, Transfers and Results

Transfers
In what was a busy month and a week for the Primera Division A side, manager Chris Waring brought in 13 players, including 5 loanee’s and 8 players on free’s. At the start of the season Deportivo Mixco were over the wage budget so the manager had to release several players. Due to the thin first team, which had no more than 25 players prior to the pre season, Waring had to take some big chances. He released every member of the youth team and reserve team, which free’d up over £1,500 of the wage budget and he sold two players for £10,000 combined, Erick Gonzalez and Milthon Lopez. Among the players he brought in it included Juan Zelada, Dor Yasur and Claudio Rojas on frees with Rafael Morales and Pablo Villatoro on loan among others.

Chris Waring on Mixco's transfers said:
I feel very pleased to welcome these players to the team, the squad needed some depth and I'm glad we've got the depth we want. We missed out on a few players that went to other sides in the division, but the players in their place have performed very well over pre season so I'm very happy to welcome the signings to the club and hope they can take us to the next level.

Yasur_Dor.jpg

rojasguatemalteco.jpg

Dor Yasur and Claudio Rojas pictured above.

View attachment 89081

Fixtures
Mixco cancelled all the previous friendlies to make way for some new ones, which gained the club the best part of £180,000 by travelling around the world against teams better, and teams worse. It was a mixed pre season, and although I wasn’t expecting much it was good to see we had a good assistant manager, who took charge of all the friendlies.

View attachment 89082

As you can see from the fixtures, we won 5 games, most coming towards the end of pre season, a good sign of the squad finally gelling in, drew 5 and lost just 2 games. In those 5 wins, we scored 20 goals, an average of exactly 4 goals per game, which was a brilliant sign that we have goalscorers in the squad. Lets hope we can continue the good end to the pre season in the league

deportes1pag14.jpg

Maxwell Alvarez, who scored 4 goals in one game, proudly singing the national anthem of Guatemala.

Transfers - The Shots

mixco.png

Creighton had a somewhat quite transfer window as the team released masses of players in order to free up the wage budget. With a few loan players already at the club creighton got to work, promotiong some quality youth and signing nessecary players. One of the staff left for 28k which helped the finances.

Creighton said:
Josh Creighton on Transfers said:
I needed to make a few quick deals in order to booster up the squad, but with alot of quality players I think we will have better finances when we have acheived promotion in order to sign some youth and aim for the Champions league

Transfers:
View attachment 89084

Squad:
View attachment 89086

attachment.php

August and September update

Saturday 8th August 2009
Mixco 2-1 Iztapa

Chur, Sumich

Good first competitive game of my, hopefully, long career and Sumich scored a brilliant free kick so we may have a possible 37 year old ‘gem’

Saturday 15th August 2009
Antigua 3-3 Mixco

Sumich, Rojas, Berrios

We were 3-1 up at one point, to be kicked in the teeth in the last minutes with 2 very late goals but the team we faced were very well organised and a point was deserved by their hard work

Saturday 22nd August 2009
Mixco 4-1 San Pedro

Rodriguez, Villatoro, Garcia, Rojas

We played very well on the back of an exciting game and fully deserved the win against a strong side

Saturday 29th August 2009
Aurora 1-1 Mixco

Zelada

Well earned point, they dominated the game and we were quite lucky to come away with a point

Saturday 5th September 2009
Mixco 4-0 America C

Zambrano, Rojas, Villatoro, Zelada

Thrashed America in this game and not only is our defence strong but we had 4 different scorers which proves we can defend and score. A change in formation was for the better and even the slightest tweak made a big difference and this was proved

Saturday 12th September 2009
Malaceteco 0-1 Mixco

Alvarez

Dominated the game and although our main striker was out Alvarez came straight in an made an impact

Saturday 19th September 2009
Mixco 2-1 J. Escuintleca

Rojas, Zelada

Pleased to get yet another win, and Zelada is our main man up front. Glad Zelada got a goal after his return from injury

Wednesday 23rd September 2009
Nueva 1-1 Mixco

Zelada

The referee was abysmal. He turned down 3 of our penalty appeals, 2 of which were stone wall and turned down 1 of theirs, which was even more of a stone wall penalty. Sent off our player and after watching the replays I still don’t know why.

Saturday 26th September 2009
Municipal 0-0 Mixco (FA Shield 2nd round 1st leg)

Delighted to get this draw, a decent team in the top league away from home and proves this side can compete with the big teams already. Looking forward to the return

Wednesday 30th September 2009
Mixco 2-1 Coatepeque

Berrios, Rojas

Yet another deserved win and pleased we kept the unbeaten run up. Here’s a fact, we’re unbeaten in competitive games since the 8th of August. ;)

Some screenshots are attached below

Good Luck both of you

You seem to be doing well Chriss

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Good luck both of you.

Good first 2 months Chriss

Great start lads. I will be following for sure. Its always interesting to read and learn about new leagues and players! Keep up the good updates :D

Great start lads. I will be following for sure. Its always interesting to read and learn about new leagues and players! Keep up the good updates :D

Thanks I've been following yours and your doing well... like the layout too it aswell! I'll have an update shortly I hope just need to play the rest of this month then the next, some good results so far in October ;)

October Update

The October month for us was very successful. It saw us beat a top division side, albeit we drew in normal time, but we still beat them. We remain top of the league by 8 points and won all bar 1 game, in which we were unlucky not to win. The team had several players injured, some including top players, and to get through the month without dropping several points was a very clear example that the first eleven isn’t only good but the backup can compete too. As the saying goes, ‘a little competition never hurt anybody.’ We’ve beat some top sides in our league and the above league, so October could be classed of our most successful month yet.

Matches

Mixco (2)1-1p(3) Municipal (FA Shield 2nd round 2nd leg)
Alvarez, J. Sumich, H. Tinti, P. Villatoro, J. Arriaza, R. Zambrano

* Bold and red indicates penalty takers who scored
** Underlined and red indicates penalty takers who missed
*** Numbers in brackets indicate the final score on penalties

The lads played very well, and I’m extremely pleased to beat a top 4 side in the top league. If we get promoted, this shows the squad just needs to improve slightly overall, since we drew to a very good team in just 3 months after my appointment.

View attachment 89284

Mixco 3-0 Antigua
Rojas, Zambrano (x2)

I am very happy to get a convincing victory over the 2nd placed team in our division, I told the lads before the game that we needed the 3 points, and they got me the 3 points in style.

View attachment 89285

San Pedro 0-1 Mixco
Archila

I knew the game was going to be very tough, away from home against a team with decent attackers and a very solid back line. I brought ‘super sub’ Archila on with half an hour to go and I’m delighted he scored within 15 minutes of entering the field.

View attachment 89286

Iztapa 0-2 Mixco
Chur, Zambrano

Another win for us and we’ve kept yet another clean sheet. Good to see the defence on top form aswell as the rest of the team even though we scored 2 late goals against the bottom team. A win is a win and I’ll take that anyday.

View attachment 89287

Mixco 3-3 Aurora
Zelada, Gomez, Tinti

I am absolutely fuming about this result. We should have won comfortably, we were winning comfortably and thanks to our bunch getting complacent we ended up losing the game. We scored some crackers though, and atleast we never lost, guess they were the positives.

View attachment 89288

League Table
View attachment 89278

Team Stats
View attachment 89279

Player Stats
View attachment 89280

Facts
View attachment 89281 View attachment 89283 View attachment 89282 View attachment 89277 View attachment 89276

Wow! Excellent month again Chriss.

You're doing really well

nice going chris it will be good to see if the shots can do as well as you

Thanks guys, after figuring out how to upload videos I'm going to upload the Tinti goal vs Aurora, I thought it was good in 2d but its even better in 3d!

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyb15htxElU"]Here's the link[/ame]

Watch in 1080p or the quality is really, really poor