From McDonald's to Mixco: Two Englishmen in Guatemala

Who will win 'Liga Nacional' or 'Caribbean/North America Champions League' first?

• EvertonianChriss

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • The Shots

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
I am on 29th June, so am waiting patiently for my money!

I have a 3 year contract ;)

There is no point of me adding screwenies as they are the same as yours.

Last edited:
Pre pre-season update

On the 23rd July 2010, (today in game AND today in real life ;) :p) Mixco have completed all their transfers for the summer. It is a good job Chris Waring organised 13 friendlies in total, and 5 remaining, for the squad to get to know each other and gel together. After adjusting the budgets, he was able to sign a massive 17 players for £155k, and sell 8 players for £7k. The friendlies are once again a chance for Mixco to travel around the world and face some good, and some bad teams, picking up an average of £12k per match, which is around £155k over all the friendlies, the amount the team paid for their new signings. Signings include Selvin De Leon, Edin Lopez and Mario Selguero. These signings bring very good players, some who have already played for top siddes in the division, and quality backup. Waring had this to say on all of the players who joined a rising club known as Deportivo Mixco.

Chris Waring said:
I am very happy to welcome these 17 new players to the side, but we had to sell some players that just wouldn't be able to cut it at a higher division. We've released some players who deserved a place in last season's team, but they were getting on a bit, so we decided to sell Rojas, Sumich, Tinti, Cardona and a few others. However, we have brought in top, top homegrown players as a replacement, and once they gel as a team I believe this current squad can go on and challenge for big honours.

These will be the signings trusted to take Los Halcones to a top finish, or atleast avoid relegation, which the board want atleast from manager Chris Waring.

View attachment 90089
View attachment 90090
View attachment 90091

Miscellaneous
View attachment 90093

As you can see, we are predicted to finish 8th, have an estimated value of £850k (around our finances) and are in the North American Champions League. However, we have poor training facilities, and a 'lack of funds' is the reason why the board won't upgrade them. Also, the pitch condition is 'Ok', but we can't relay the pitch since we don't own the stadium. :mad:

Last edited:
You made quite a few deals.

I have signed a whole team: 11 players for 185k.

Media prediction 8th :S

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Pre pre-season update

On the 23rd July 2010, (today in game AND today in real life ;) :p) Mixco have completed all their transfers for the summer. It is a good job Chris Waring organised 13 friendlies in total, and 5 remaining, for the squad to get to know each other and gel together. After adjusting the budgets, he was able to sign a massive 17 players for £155k, and sell 8 players for £7k. The friendlies are once again a chance for Mixco to travel around the world and face some good, and some bad teams, picking up an average of £12k per match, which is around £155k over all the friendlies, the amount the team paid for their new signings. Signings include Selvin De Leon, Edin Lopez and Mario Selguero. These signings bring very good players, some who have already played for top siddes in the division, and quality backup. Waring had this to say on all of the players who joined a rising club known as Deportivo Mixco.

These will be the signings trusted to take Los Halcones to a top finish, or atleast avoid relegation, which the board want atleast from manager Chris Waring.

View attachment 90089
View attachment 90090
View attachment 90091

Miscellaneous
View attachment 90093

As you can see, we are predicted to finish 8th, have an estimated value of £850k (around our finances) and are in the North American Champions League. However, we have poor training facilities, and a 'lack of funds' is the reason why the board won't upgrade them. Also, the pitch condition is 'Ok', but we can't relay the pitch since we don't own the stadium. :mad:
I'm not in CL as I won the wrong cup :(

The other cup I got drawn against a top division team in first round.
Only communications are in CL.

Pre-Season Update

We have made twelve massive signings for the club in the hope of the North American Champions League place.

We have one really big-name signing called Walter Peralta a regen previously at Amatitlán.
View attachment 90159

Results:
View attachment 90163
View attachment 90162

Transfers:
View attachment 90161

In an interview with Creighton he had this to say
Josh Creighton said:
I am stunned with the maturity from the club, as we brought in 12 new players, I was unsure of how they would react. Luckily, they decided to welcome the new signings as part of the family. Confidence is flying high and I am still stunned that we managed to pick up all these signings. Finances need a bit of boosting, but we should cope.

Last edited:
Pre-Season

Pre-Season was extremely successful, with the boys winning 12 out of 13 games, whilst touring the world, earning up to £18k per match for the hierarchy.

Chris Waring said:
I am very pleased at how the pre season went. I left all games to my assistant, and decided to dish out a new tactic for everyone to get used to. I'm very pleased on how the team have gelled with the tactic and new signings, and can say that we are ready for the new season. Hopefully these games have helped us again in the long term, earning a fair bit of money per game and having a total of 13 games boosted the finances, and hopefully that will turn into some of my transfer and wage budget next season. Here's hoping we have another successful season, and my goals for this season are below.

• Top 5 finish
    Semi Final of FA Shield
    2nd Round of North American Champions League

Chris Waring said:
I believe these are all reasonable goals, but there is no pressure on my shoulders because the board expect me to avoid relegation. I am currently unaware of the teams competing in the North American Champions League, but I assume there will be your LA Galaxy's, etc, so I hope for a good run at most.

Confidence
View attachment 90172

Finances
View attachment 90173

Squad
View attachment 90174

Tactics
View attachment 90175

Transfers
View attachment 90176

Results
View attachment 90177

The top teams are hard to beat, and the lower rep ones are easy to beat. This will be and up and down season. Hopefully if I have a bad run of matches I wont get sacked :S

I'm against Chivas in the North American Champions League Preliminary Round XD

And I agree on the above