From McDonald's to Mixco: Two Englishmen in Guatemala

Who will win 'Liga Nacional' or 'Caribbean/North America Champions League' first?

• EvertonianChriss

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • The Shots

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Mixco do the double!

Deportivo Mixco have won not only the Primera Division A, but the FA Shield after beating Suchitepequez 8-4 on aggregate. The FA Shield win caps off a very successful season, which does wonders for their finances and the team. Mixco were always one of the favourites to win the league, but were considered huge underdogs to go all the way and win it. Along the way, the team beat 3 Liga Nacional sides which proves that the team in the current state could compete in the league without any more signings. The hard work begins now that the season has finished and the team will prepare for a season in the big time. Can they go one further than last season, or will they go straight back down? With Waring at the helm many of the fans and even board members believe he can take them all the way, again. The team have already secured 5 signings that will join the side, and one signing that joined towards the end of April to play in the 2nd leg final. Hopefully we can get a decent top half finish then establish a team to compete for the big honours. As a result of winning the FA Shield, the team have automatically qualified for the North American Champions League, seasons earlier than Waring expected.

View attachment 89754 View attachment 89755
View attachment 89756 View attachment 89757

I won't be doing normal updates for fixtures, because I don't have time but I will review the final months

Matches

View attachment 89753

We lost our way towards the end of the season, but it was my fault, I rushed it so tried to get the players used to a new tactic while going on holiday, letting my assistant finishing them off. As you can see in the cup games, we've won all of them since March which was my target when we had been confirmed that we won the league. When you see the results drop just after the Aurora game, please note that we'd won the league then, so I was testing a new tactic out so the players don't just rely on one.

League Table
View attachment 89758

Player Stats
View attachment 89759

Team Stats
View attachment 89760

On a side note, I'd like to thank those that followed my side of the story and please, please, please get involved next season by commenting. Good luck to The Shots who is currently finishing the rest of his season, and like I said please continue to support us by commenting as me and The Shots enter next season. Thankyou ;)

Thanks :D I thought I would end up crashing and burning, but its been brilliant to get all the way! And our finances are just short of £800k compared to The Shots' -£100k (;)) so I can hopefully expect a bigger budget next season and bigger wages to improve the team more than expected :D

I will post mu E.o.S update soon.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

mixco.png

Creighton Wins Promotion!

The Mixco Board and everyone that has followed Mixco through the last season are delighted with the way Creighton has performed in the league!

Now he has won the league, we are looking foward to the 'Liga National' next season.

Creighton has told us:
Josh Creighton said:
I am really pleased with the way everyone here has performed, and I couldn't have achieved this remarkable feat without the fans and everyone who has helped with in the club this season.

View attachment 90025View attachment 90026View attachment 90027View attachment 90028View attachment 90029View attachment 90030View attachment 90034View attachment 90035View attachment 90036View attachment 90037

Last edited:
Good update mate, glad to see we've done the same thing this season, both won the league, should be a good next season especially with 2 of the signings I've made, brilliant players ;)

Did you win the cup or not?!?

Hmm... Keep me waiting, I like it ;)

EDIT: Well done mate, both won the exact same, so I guess its 2-2 ;)

Going to do a pre season report in a minute, without the fixtures, just possible transfer targets, my aims etc

Last edited:
Did you win the cup or not?!?

Hmm... Keep me waiting, I like it ;)
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=90057&d=1279910600

its the first attachment :p

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Who ever reads this, I must let you know I've been given a very, very big wage budget thanks to having good finances and a decent transfer budget. I'm aiming to avoid relegation, but with this I feel I can definitely come top 5 :D

Finances
View attachment 90048

Season Expectations
View attachment 90049

Wage and Transfer Budgets
View attachment 90050
Your season update day is before me.

I have no budget, and my lowest expectation is a top half finish.

I have the same wage budget, but no transfer budget.
I will have to improve my wages, and give to transfer.

I have adjusted my budget to give me 13k wages and 187k transfer budget.

Some extra screenshots attached. Where you got £40,000, for some reason I got £1,000,000 haha? Oh wait, its over the year for TV money.

I would give you a screenshot, but its ran out, it might be in the corner in one of them below, however