From McDonald's to Mixco: Two Englishmen in Guatemala

Who will win 'Liga Nacional' or 'Caribbean/North America Champions League' first?

• EvertonianChriss

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • The Shots

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
February Update

February was a very short month, with Mixco playing only 3 games. We’ve got this month out the way, so the squad can now look forward to playing in the semi final of the FA Shield on the 6th and 13th of March respectively. In other news, Mixco have secured a play off place in the Primera Division A, and with only 7 games remaining it’s looking even more likely that Mixco will be in the Liga Nacional next year. We’ve drew one and won 2, and I skipped a heartbeat when we played against San Pedro, it was 3-2 and they equalised in the 90th minute then we got the winner in the 90+3 minute, that was a relief! We've also bidded for 4 players, two of which will be joining and two are in contract stages. I hope to get Gonzalez, as he would be a massive coup and if we can buy his calibre of player before we've even won anything, imagine what could happen if we win the FA Shield and League!

View attachment 89675

Matches

Nueva 1-1 Mixco
Zelada

We were poor in this game. We keep getting more and more complacent but saying that, this was the game after we were confirmed a play off place in the league so it was to be expected.

View attachment 89677

Mixco 4-1 Antigua
Balan (x2), Rodriguez, Zambrano

I thought Zambrano would be out for a longer time than this, but he was brought on at half time for match fitness and I’m very pleased he got a goal in his return. We beat Antigua once again by 3 goals, the 3rd time this season?

View attachment 89676

San Pedro 3-4 Mixco
Own Goal, Zelada (x2), Rodriguez

Phew. I am glad we got this out the way. Our main rivals now and we almost drew. We got 2 goals after half an hour then let it slip away. We eventually got it to 3-2 with minutes remaining when San Pedro scored what seemed to be the equaliser, but after the 3rd minute of injury time, Rony “super” Rodriguez saved our skin... AGAIN!

View attachment 89681

League Table
View attachment 89678
17 points in the lead, get in!

Player of the Month
View attachment 89674
This goes to Balan after he gave some solid performances once again, decent backup player to have and reliable when called upon.

Player Stats
View attachment 89680

Team Stats
View attachment 89679

Great story guys.

Chriss you're doing amazing

I will post update soon.

Still unbeaten ;)

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

It had been a long day at the club. I went home to turn on my new Mac that I got with my improved wages. I went staright online to my Gmail account.

New Message

Thats quite strange I thought, I only have this account with a few football people I know from England on it. Then it registered. When I signed for Mixco they had me register my email address. They send it to a computer database for FIFA. Any manager can acces it to contact other managers.

I was reciving info from Lord Triesman asking about my success in Guatemala.
He was trying to find out if I would recommend managing in the country. You could guess what I thought, so I replied in the poshest amount of English and said I would.

"Did this mean there would be more English competition with English players?"

Later I went to the ground and recieved a numerous amount of hand shakes with the local press sourounding me.
I was really unsure of what had happened. "What did I do?"

It turns out that I was offered the job to manage the El Slavador National side, whom are the countries rivals and I rejected it.
Well my assistand did, but do they need to know that?

Now I am some sort of Legend?

We have had a rough few months, new tactics really implemanted the style of football we play now, with our opponent hardly ever creating chances. The players are on top form, and finances are the same. 100k in debt :p

The board are happy with the way Creighton has handeled the cup (I will post at end of season), the way the league has gone, unbeaten. Also Creighton rejecting the El Slavador has really helped the fans to build a relationship with him and hope he can bring some success in further years.

League Table:
View attachment 89734

Squad:
View attachment 89733

Matches:
View attachment 89732

Any comments about how to make this story better, plaese say.
Also, am I allowed to vote on the poll?

Wow well done The Shots. I think im regretting my vote for Chriss

Mixco win the league!

Instead of the monthly update I thought I'd update you on this just after the 4-1 victory over Aurora

Yes, its been confirmed, Mixco are now the official champions of Primera Division A. The pleasing news comes just after Mixco thrashed Aurora FC 4-1, and now the players can rest and focus on the FA Shield Semi Final 2nd leg. Mixco have won the league with a brilliant 6 games to go for all bar two teams. The news has delighted fans and the board alike, and Mixco can now concentrate on building a team to survive in the Liga Nacional next season, or maybe even finish strongly?

View attachment 89740 View attachment 89741
View attachment 89742 View attachment 89743
View attachment 89744 View attachment 89745

Bloomin **** mate you finished the season quick and well done for getting promoted

Bloomin **** mate you finished the season quick and well done for getting promoted

Thanks :) Wanted to get it done quick so I can start on the new season, really want to get top 5 finish since I beat Municipal who have been top of the Liga Nacional for a fair bit so its realistic

Well he's not too far behind, and I probably won't be on too much since its my birthday tomorrow :)D) so I will try get to the end of the season by about 11pm then do the March, April and May updates in one with the season review by about 12 tonight