From McDonald's to Mixco: Two Englishmen in Guatemala

Who will win 'Liga Nacional' or 'Caribbean/North America Champions League' first?

• EvertonianChriss

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • The Shots

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
November Update

November was worse than October, by quite a bit, thanks to cockiness. Most of, if not all, of our players went into all games thinking they would walk it. They didn't. From this month we earned 3 wins, 2 draws and a loss. Our defenders have conceded around 4 penalties this month off the top of my head, and two in one game which was enough to see us lose our first game of the season. On a positive note, we've achieved our minimum aim in the FA Shield, Quarter Finalists.

America C 1-3 Mixco
Zambrano, Balan, Sumich

Decent game, pleased to get the win after going 1-0 down early on. The players fought hard to come back and I'm pleased to say we deserved the win.

View attachment 89373

Mixco 3-1 Malacateco
Zambrano (x2), Sumich

Zambrano, the cockiest of the bunch :)@) got two more goals, which I'm pleased about, but his recent form, no thanks to the media, have made him cocky, and you will see what I'm on about during the next games. Nevertheless, earned another 3-1 win, which kept us top.

View attachment 89379

J. Escuintleca 2-0 Mixco

THIS is where the cockiness kicks in. Prior to the game I checked the assistant manager report, and he said two players, including Zambrano, thought they would just win. I left it and thought "nonsense", boy was I wrong. Gave away two silly penalties as well as Zelada picking up two bookings for pulling a player back, idiot. Want to get this result out of the way and move on.

View attachment 89376

Mixco 2-0 Carcha (FA Shield 3rd round 1st leg)
Rodriguez, Chur

What a way to come back from a disappointing defeat, by winning and keeping a clean sheet. Zelada was suspended so I brought on Rodriguez, who made an instant impact, providing that 'competition' I was rabbling on about before!

View attachment 89377

Coatepeque 1-1 Mixco
Sumich

Alright, we wanted the win, but Oscar Donis got sent off, as he conceded a penalty in the first 4 minutes, but the sending off was different circumstances. Sumich scored a very well placed penalty for a defender, pleased he got on the scoresheet again

View attachment 89375

Carcha 1-1 Mixco (FA Shield 3rd round 2nd leg)
Balan

Ok the return leg was always going to be tough, but we fought well against a decent side. Nice way to end the month, but would like to put it behind me and move onto the Christmas Period.

View attachment 89374

League Table
View attachment 89378

I am really sorry, there was trafic coming home from my school trip.

Just got home. I will post an update shortly.

good luck, and thanks for the minute 2 size hyperlink and credit XD ;)

Donwloading it know.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Could you upload it its not working.

Same thing happened to EvertonianCriss.

If he still has links then he should post them.

mixco.png

TCreighton has had club has had a good spell and have only drawn 3 matches. With the players on good form with nice free flowing football, the club has reached a remarkable feat with top position in the league, clear by 6 points.

Good results, Good matches, Happy fans. What more can you ask for?

Matches:
View attachment 89441

League Table:
View attachment 89442

Team:
View attachment 89440

Manager Josh creighton has claimed that he was delighted with the way the club has been performing and also hopes they can keep up the good form.

Finances have gone up but are still pretty low.

Good update mate, and some decent results there, I was on about that too around the start of November

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Added a poll, guys, vote for who you think will win the 'Liga Nacional' (Division 1/Premiership) or 'Caribbean/North American Champions League' (Champions League) first.

December Update

December was a perfect month, 4 wins out of 4, and an average of 3.25 goals scored per game and 0.75 conceded per game. Kept two clean sheets and scored 13 goals which was brilliant. This was an ‘easy’ month for us, since we played 4 games every Saturday in the week and no midweek games, so the fitness will be tip top by the first game in January. We finish January top of the league by 13 points, which is really encouraging. Unfortunately, the month ends with Zelada out for 1-2 weeks and Zambrano out for up to 2 months!

Matches

Mixco 4-2 Nueva
Zambrano (x2), Zelada, Chur

Zambrano just keeps scoring from his favoured AMC role. I moved him from CM earlier in the season to AMC and what a brilliant choice I’ve made. Chur, who is on our right wing, got another goal too which is good because he made a mazy run past the left back and slotted it in the next.

View attachment 89502

Antigua 0-3 Mixco
Sumich, Zambrano, Rojas

Sumich scored a wonderful free kick in the game, which he has been doing recently, so he earned goal of the month which I will show you. The result is fantastic, we worked so hard to beat our promotion rivals and the hard work paid off. Only 11 games left from now.

View attachment 89500

Mixco 3-1 San Pedro
Chur, Rodriguez, Balan

Also our promotion rivals, and we won comfortably. There were a few moments in the game where cockiness took over some players, and I brought Garcia on at half time then subbed him after 15 minutes since he almost gifted San Pedro a goal. I then terminated his loan.

View attachment 89503

Mixco 3-0 Iztapa
Zambrano (x2), Chur

Zambrano has now scored 5 in the last 3 games, and will be sorely missed no thanks to an Iztapa player who aggravated the injury he received. Zambrano will be out for two months and with no adequate replacement for him I will be delighted to see the loan and transfer window back open.

View attachment 89501

Goal of the month
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK4LElNN1G0"]Sumich vs Antigua[/ame]
The winning goal was this wonder free kick by centre back Jorge Sumich

Player of the month
View attachment 89498
Has to be Raul, he’s been brilliant for us all season and this month in particular

League Table
View attachment 89499
Still sitting top, and by 13 points, the gap just keeps getting bigger!

In other news...
In other news, ex-Mixco midfielder Juan Arriaza's loan deal has ended, and he now returns to his club. This comes a day after Mixco terminated other midfielder, Erick Garcia's contract for poor performances. In their replacement, he has brought in a veteran defensive midfielder in Jairo Cardona. Cardona used to play for Liga Nacional side Jalapa and recently had a trial with Primera Division B side Achuapa before putting pen to paper on a 1 and a half year deal worth £100 per week. Manager Chris Waring has been quoted on saying

Chris Waring said:
I'm pleased to welcome Jairo to the club. It is a coup for the team considering how many other teams wanted him, and I feel he could be a captain in the near future

Last edited:
Nice update Shots!

Good December well done Chriss

Thanks lads, loving your story Poppa, got some good signings and doing well considering you were expected to finish 22nd! And you have good detail on yours too CW will pop back from time to time on yours and keep following everyone I have some good results to show tomorrow and I'm sure The Shots will have too! ;)

January Update

January was very up and down. We lost 2 games, but won 2 games scoring 5 goals in each match. I am extremely angry at my players’ lack of effort against Aurora and J. Escuintleca, especially against the latter, because we got ourselves up 1-0 and they came back to win 2-1. As a result I have fined every player who got a rating of 6.2 or under in that match 2 weeks wages, and Marcos Alvarez doesn’t look like he intends to settle in any time soon, so he will be off before the window closes on the 27th of February. Also, we have progressed to the semi final of the FA Shield, to face a Primera Division B side, which I am delighted about, and feel we have a realistic shot at the final, and even maybe winning it! In other news, I’m interested in bringing Juan Arriaza back on loan until the end of the season for the club, as he is the spark in midfield we seem to be missing, and since he’s transfer listed, if we get enough money to buy him if we get promoted, I’ll buy him. I’ve also bought one Nelson Morales on a £100 per week contract, and he will be joining towards the end of the season.

Matches

Aurora 2-0 Mixco

We should have won. Not on that day, on paper we should have coasted, but them wankers (sorry kids) who decided to be cocky in the game, cost us the game. Oh I had fun giving them a right (sorry again) bollocking at the end of the game, they deserved that!

View attachment 89618

Mixco 5-1 America C
Zelada (x2), Own Goal, Rojas (x2)

Finally, back to winning ways... hopefully. After the disappointing defeat to Aurora I told the team I expected a win, and they delivered, comfortably. Zelada and Rojas played very well, both earning 9.0+ ratings, and Zelada is indispensable due to his goal scoring a versatility while Zambrano is out of action.

View attachment 89621

Mixco 5-0 Jalapa (FA Shield Quarter Final 1st leg)
Zelada, Rodriguez (x2), Tinti (x2)

I am thrilled in this match. They are a mid table Liga Nacional side and we’ve absolutely crushed them by 5 goals to nil. The only way they can get back now is by us being complacent, and oh boy can, and does, that happen!

View attachment 89623

Malacateco 0-1 Mixco
Rodriguez

We gave away a silly penalty in the last minute which could of cost us the game, but fortunately they missed it. We should have scored atleast 2 to secure the game, but luck was on our side.

View attachment 89620

Jalapa 1-1 Mixco (FA Shield Quarter Final 2nd leg)
Balan

We took the lead very early on, then relaxed a bit, realising that Jalapa needed to score 7 goals in 85 minutes. I’m pleased with our performance, our defence was solid to keep the Jalapa strikers out and Balan scored when playing completely out of position at LW.

View attachment 89619

FA Shield Semi Final 1st leg draw
Suchitepequez vs Achuapa
Petapa vs Mixco

FA Shield Semi Final 2nd leg draw
Achuapa vs Suchitepequez
Mixco vs Petapa

We’ve been drawn against the easiest team out of the other 2, so I’m very pleased and think we have a great chance of reaching the final. It will be tough though, Petapa are a good side and they will want it as much as us, we will need to be on top form to beat them.

Mixco 3-1 Coatepeque
Sumich, Zelada, Rojas

After our great 6-1 aggregate win over Jalapa, we needed to return to the league fresh so I rested a few players and I’m pleased we got the win, all I need to say.

View attachment 89622

Mixco 1-2 J. Escuintleca
Zelada

This is the game I’m very angry about. We took the lead and got complacent, then lost. We should have recorded a somewhat easy and comfortable victory, but ended up losing because of some imbeciles thinking that they can switch off. The next lot of players to take the result for granted will be fined 2 weeks wages, hopefully that will send a message out to them that 1) we won’t just win and 2) I will discipline poor performances.

View attachment 89625

League Table
View attachment 89626
Still top, but by 12 points now. We need to finish strongly towards the end of the season, no taking games for granted, easier said than done.

Player of the month
View attachment 89627
For a 36 year old he’s not doing too bad, and he has definitely contributed this month with a few goals. Well done Rojas.

Team Stats
View attachment 89628

Player Stats
View attachment 89629

Injury Table
View attachment 89630