Funny/Random things in FM2011

• Thread starter Thread starter Redrup
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 551K
Because the majority of the votes were on Messi, obviously.

i know, but whay i meant was why does he have more points than rooney when rooney had played miles better than him. like ccc4hris said, it might be to do with player rep, which is stupid if you ask me cos messi would win everytime regardless of how well he was doing.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Unbelievably a week later they do the same thing, this time in the league!
View attachment 194413

i think its something to do with the AI playing 2 players in the same position. was mentioned before in this thread.

The Illegal Thrower

View attachment 194616
View attachment 194622

In a second leg Spanish Cup match against Granada, I've noticed that their thrower were actually inside the pitch when he attempted and took the throw. So basically its not a THROW-IN because you should have thrown the ball inwards. In my six seasons in this current save game, this is the first time that something like this happened.

Last edited:
Current Roma coach is Luis Enrique arriving from Barca B IRL

but then, this guy comes, same name at the same club. Epic LOL

View attachment 194623

edit: Luis irl played as a striker in his Barca Years. now this regen is also a striker just like him :P

The Amazing Goal?

View attachment 194635

My Barca team was only leading R.Madrid by 3 points when this happened so I was closely monitoring their progress in a supposedly difficult home game against Valencia. I was then suprised to see that their only (and at that moment, first goal) was credited for two goals. They eventually won by a larger margin against Valencia than what we managed against Osasuna, courtesy partly of this goal.

Last edited:
The Frozen Keeper

View attachment 194641
View attachment 194642
My centreback played a long pass way ahead on my lone striker, Aguero. Getafe's Haggui made it to the ball first and intercepted but he lost it immediately to Aguero.

View attachment 194643
Aguero has already started moving towards the ball but the keeper isn't still moving yet to position himself for a save or to gather the loose ball.

View attachment 194644
View attachment 194645
Aguero has already approached the ball and passed it towards the near corner but the keeper isn't still attempting to make a save.

View attachment 194647
View attachment 194649
Well, it is not until this point that he realized that he was their team's GK responsible of saving that shot as a last line of defence. And because of his VERY MUCH LATE reaction to the events that happened, he was still going down towards the ground when the ball touched the back of the net.

I think, besides own goals via tackling from behind the opposing team's ballhandler who was facing in front of your goal, this is the most common way of conceding easy goals. I really don't think this and that "own goals" happen that much/frequent in real life as it does in FM (at least for all the save games I've played).

Last edited:
Define Ridiculous Goals...

Although I have read a lot about Pastore being trained to play as a ST, I haven't played (nor trained) him to be one at this point. I rarely play him too as an AMC since I prefer a 4-3-3 formation with a lone striker and two wingers.

Pastore rotates with a declining Iniesta in the centre midfield as an Attacking Advanced Playmaker. They (esp Pastore) frequently takes a lot of long shots that most of the time ends up way off the target. Pastore actually averages around 30% Shots on Target.

Until this happened:

View attachment 194651

He came in as a substitute in 2nd half so he managed only 3 attempts. He averages more than 10 attempts a game if he starts.

First he chipped the ball from way behind the half-way line and it went in. Next he curled another from afar and found the target too. He could have had a hat-trick but his third attempt hit the bar.

He was just ridiculous here.

Back