Funny/Random things in FM2011

I thought this was funny which is why I am posting it here than in frustrations page. One of my guys made a slide tackle and the ref gave him a straight red (looked like yellow i though). So did my team since they complained to the ref. My captain already had a yellow picked up another yellow for arguing so I had 2 red cards on one play.

Apparently I've won the world cup 2 times in the past 2 years.

View attachment 195177

Pretty good, considering the world cup is only held once every 4 years.

Aren't you playing with a dual role? Then you must have done very well managing only England for 8+ years. Managing internationals is so boring because what you can only do 90% of the time is watch your players play club matches.

Congratulations for winning two World Cups. I recently got an offer to manage England too in 2014 (after they failed to qualify for World Cup) and been managing them until now, 2017. I hope too I could get Rooney one World cup before he retires because he's 30 now.

To top it all, you were just an extremely genious manager for masterminding an England back-to-back World Cup win for two consecutive years! :p

Last edited:
Aren't you playing with a dual role? Then you must have done very well managing only England for 8+ years. Managing internationals is so boring because what you can only do 90% of the time is watch your players play club matches.

Congratulations for winning two World Cups. I recently got an offer to manage England too in 2014 (after they failed to qualify for World Cup) and been managing them until now, 2017. I hope too I could get Rooney one World cup before he retires because he's 30 now.

By the way, the Inbox message if funny. How on earth could you win the World Cup twice for two consecutive years? It says: "you've won the competition two times in the past two years."

I've been managing England since the start of the game (July 2010 - August 2026, so far) and they still haven't sacked me yet XD Yeah, it can get quite boring because of the lack of matches but I only have the English premiership selected so the game goes by pretty quickly.

My success with England so far is:

- Euro 2016 runners up
- Confeds 2017 winners
- World Cup 2018 third place
- Euro 2020 winner
- Confeds 2021 third place
- World Cup 2022 winners
- Euro 2024 winners
- Confeds 2025 winners
- World Cup 2026 winners

Rooney was amazing for me until he retired @ 36 years old - He ended up with 135 caps (all time record) and 100 goals (all time record as well)!

I've been managing England since the start of the game (July 2010 - August 2026, so far) and they still haven't sacked me yet XD Yeah, it can get quite boring because of the lack of matches but I only have the English premiership selected so the game goes by pretty quickly.

My success with England so far is:

- Euro 2016 runners up
- Confeds 2017 winners
- World Cup 2018 third place
- Euro 2020 winner
- Confeds 2021 third place
- World Cup 2022 winners
- Euro 2024 winners
- Confeds 2025 winners
- World Cup 2026 winners

Rooney was amazing for me until he retired @ 36 years old - He ended up with 135 caps (all time record) and 100 goals (all time record as well)!

What about pre-2016?

Well, this is quite disturbing.

View attachment 195179

Manchester United have 5 of the 6 "Top Players" in the world :O

I think this was in part due to the fact that EPL is the only league loaded in your game. So if Man U is dominating the league, and probably local cups too, then most likely, their best players will be the best known in the world, in your save game at least.

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

Didn't even get past group stage in World Cup 2014 :( Also, I lost in the Quarter Final of Euro 2012.

Good thing you didn't got sacked then! In 2014 WC in my save game, Spain failed to get past too beyond WC group stages and del Bosque was quickly sacked. Meanwhile, they lost Euro Cup to England in 2012 (who was still under the former manager).

And interestingly, Italy won the 2014 WC for me too.

What tactic do you use for England?

I think this was in part due to the fact that EPL is the only league loaded in your game. So if Man U is dominating the league, and probably local cups too, then most likely, their best players will be the best known in the world, in your save game at least.

Yeah, that's probably why.

What tactic do you use for England?

I use a tactic I spent 6 months developing (starting as soon as I got the game, lol) - The formation is 4-2-3-1. It's an extremely effective tactic for pretty much any team (I've had success with teams in the Blue Square Premier using this tactic. Well, I made a few changes to suit the players better, but it was basically the same tactic). I also use that tactic in my Barcelona game and I've won absolutely every trophy possible in the 6 years I've managed them.

I love my tactic XD

Yeah, that's probably why.

I use a tactic I spent 6 months developing (starting as soon as I got the game, lol) - The formation is 4-2-3-1. It's an extremely effective tactic for pretty much any team (I've had success with teams in the Blue Square Premier using this tactic. Well, I made a few changes to suit the players better, but it was basically the same tactic). I also use that tactic in my Barcelona game and I've won absolutely every trophy possible in the 6 years I've managed them.

I love my tactic XD

Might try sometime to experiment with a 4-2-3-1 but currently, I'm using 4-3-3 with England and Barca. I've won too every competition for Barca we've played through in six seasons. For England meanwhile, I haven't lost yet and only drawn twice in 3 years (2014-present 2017). So my current tactic looks pretty good.

Last edited: