Gary Neville Retires

If you wished him dead we'd take it as a joke [I hope most of us would], and calling him a ****, well, that doesn't bother me, I'm sure most Utd fans don't like him, like I know all of our fans don't like NEville.

Yes. Obviously Manchester United fans don't like a footballer who's been at our club all of his playing career, is a die-hard fan and absolutely loves the club + an ex-captain.

My Facebook status sums up my feelings about this:

"Gary Neville has now retired. I hate the *****, but he is a legend so credit where it's due."

Hope he doesn't become a Pundit.

Good palyer, didn't like him though. I ******* hope he has nothing to do with Sky Sports.

If you wished him dead we'd take it as a joke [I hope most of us would], and calling him a ****, well, that doesn't bother me, I'm sure most Utd fans don't like him, like I know all of our fans don't like NEville.

are you serious?

I love Gary, a true professional never mind how much he winds you scousers up, he is a United fan against Liverpool, it kind of makes sense. He wore his heart on his sleeve every time he put that shirt on. He along with Scholes and Giggs are perfect role models for any young footballer with the way they have gone about their professional career and stayed with the one club throughout. A true legend off the game for all the right reasons and the way he used to and clearly still does wind the scousers up is just a bonus.

Hahahahah.

Apparently he's already signed a contract with sky like 2 months ago. Hope he's a good pundit and not incredibly bias like most of them!

It wouldn't be a Gary Neville tribute thread without a massive argument between United and Liverpool fans would it? :p

Truly superb player. Never elaborate, never that cultured, but damned, damned good at what he did. Great servant to his club and the game (though some Liverpudlians may disagree).

Another of Fergie's youngsters bites the dust. Only Scholes and Giggs left now.

Last edited:
Excellent servant for United and one of the best RB for England and Premier league. He was not as talented as others in class of 92, but with his sheer hard work and dedication, he kept RB spot for both England and ManUtd for 2 decades. That is what you call as professionalism. Legend of the game and haven't seen anyone as passionate as Red Nev.

And it is **** good to see something for Scousers to cheer after what their lady boy had done to them in the last week. Grow up and show some respect for the man who has given his all for the game instead of acting like spoilt brats and calling him names in his Retirement thread.

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:59 PM ----------

Utd fans dont like Neville? Wow that is News to me. We only pray that he wont get chance to play as his time is clearly up. No United supporter would hate Red Nev.

Dont ever recall him being a legendary player...I recall him being decent enough to make a starting lineup but nothing special. Glad hes gone, really hateful *****, makes me want to punch things every time he opens his mouth.

Want to see what hes like on sky though, could be funny...for 15 minutes at least.

Yes. Obviously Manchester United fans don't like a footballer who's been at our club all of his playing career, is a die-hard fan and absolutely loves the club + an ex-captain.

are you serious?

I love Gary, a true professional never mind how much he winds you scousers up, he is a United fan against Liverpool, it kind of makes sense. He wore his heart on his sleeve every time he put that shirt on. He along with Scholes and Giggs are perfect role models for any young footballer with the way they have gone about their professional career and stayed with the one club throughout. A true legend off the game for all the right reasons and the way he used to and clearly still does wind the scousers up is just a bonus.

In response to Jake, about Carragher, dont get your knickers in a twist.

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Utd fans dont like Neville? Wow that is News to me. We only pray that he wont get chance to play as his time is clearly up. No United supporter would hate Red Nev.

As I said, Carragher.

Average player, nothing to make a song and dance about just because he hangs up his boots at the end of the season, should of made this decision last season imo :)

Best of luck in whatever you do after football Gary.
Thanks for the memories.

Let's hope you become a pundit, radio presenter, start lecturing in schools, star in every single English advertisement, get your face on billboards selling anything and everything!!

Just keep IN THEIR FACES!!!!! ;)

And Lol at everyone calling him average player. He was ******* good player till the injury in 2006-07 season. Before that he was very good RB. I wont call someone average player who nailed the spot for 2 decades for the best club in England and one of the best in the world. And also RB for England for 2 decades.

Average player, nothing to make a song and dance about just because he hangs up his boots at the end of the season, should of made this decision last season imo :)

Trolling of the worst quality right here.

He's retiring today, not at the end of the season

And this is why i love him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/harry-redknapp
Harry Redknapp has highlighted Gary Neville's passion as an example to be followed. The Tottenham manager urged the fringe members of his squad, many of whom will start at Preston North End tomorrow night, to be similarly selfless.

That's why United are where they are," said Redknapp. "They are a team and they are all together. Gary Neville has won everything there is to win but you look at the excitement he showed at his team winning, when he wasn't even in the team. He wasn't sitting on the bench with his arms folded. He was jumping higher than Fergie.

Gary-Neville-celeb-v-Manchester-City_2363297.jpg

Think it's fair to say he is a legend in English football and will be missed . . by United fans.

I have one last thing to say;

You're a **** you're a ****, and you'll always be a ****, you'll always be a ****, Neville, Neville, you're ****. ^^)

That applies to you to, Philip.

My guess is that you are no more than 13 years old and therefore can't recall watching him play at his peak.

He's the best right back of his generation.