Gary Neville Retires

Nice of you to stayy considering everyone else gives him stick:)

I prefer to look at what he's accomplished as a player, and what he's contributed in footballing. Yeah he might have infuriated fans, but you simply cannot fault what he has achieved. And in my eyes, he's been fantastic.

My Only problem is, We never got a chance to say a proper Good bye to neville, Would of loved for him to finiish his career in the manchester Derby. Wiping tevez out in Neville fashion.

My guess is that you are no mor than 13 years old and therefore can't recall watching him play at his peak.

He's the best right back of his generation.

Your "guess" was wrong, as i said in my OP it was my "opinion" and everybody is entitled to their own opinion right?

Your "guess" was wrong, as i said in my OP it was my "opinion" and everybody is entitled to their own opinion right?

not when it is typical garbage from a typical scouser.

My Only problem is, We never got a chance to say a proper Good bye to neville, Would of loved for him to finiish his career in the manchester Derby. Wiping tevez out in Neville fashion.

I would imagine maybe a testomonial match some time to give us a chance to say goodbye to a current day United legend.

600+ games for one of the biggest clubs in the world during one of their most successful periods, I'm not sure how that can be classed as average.

Respect that it's your opinion, i just strongly disagree with it.

Let's say in an alternate world Carragher wan't a closet Everton fan, and was as passionate and in your face about being Liverpool through and through as G-Nev is about Man Utd.

I'm sure you Scouse fans would take massive offence if i called Carra a **** and wished him dead etc...?

Pretty sure, if the boot was on the other foot so to say, most United fans would react like alot of Liverpool fans have done on this thread.

Swings and roundabouts.

I would imagine maybe a testomonial match some time to give us a chance to say goodbye to a current day United legend.

Yeah i would imagine so, But could you imagine if the Manchester Derby was his last game, But hope to be going to the testimonal to say good bye to a real legend. :)

Pretty sure, if the boot was on the other foot so to say, most United fans would react like alot of Liverpool fans have done on this thread.

Swings and roundabouts.

I can't speak for all. but i don't really hate anyone with the passion that some FM-Basers seem to have eminating from every part of their body.

Best right back of his generation? Thuram + Cafu say hi.

It would be even more fun to win Number 19 this season, with Neville getting his hand on League title for one last time. Would love it.

Imagine him being the commentator in FIFA 12... can I pre-order PES 2012 from GAME?

Best right back of his generation? Thuram + Cafu say hi.

Just what I was going to say Thuram and Cafu the best right backs I've ever seen, and even though Neville was good, that's all he was — good. He was some way of their very high standard.

Just what I was going to say Thuram and Cafu the best right backs I've ever seen, and even though Neville was good, that's all he was — good. He was some way of their very high standard.

That was exactly my point! You just said it better than me :p

I'm not arguing anymore, just gonna say that Thuram was a centre back.

Cafu admittedly was a class wing back, but only managed 300 or so appearances in European leagues, and G-Nev has over 100 more career appearances than Cafu.

Great player in his peak. Will miss his over-the-top celebrations.
Sad to see some of the comments though. Specially from the Liverpool fans. Just because he's been part of a team that's much better than yours, and he likes to rub it in your face, doesn't mean you should hate him ^^)