Gary Neville Retires

I'm not arguing anymore, just gonna say that Thuram was a centre back.

Cafu admittedly was a class wing back, but only managed 300 or so appearances in European leagues, and G-Nev has over 100 more career appearances than Cafu.

Thuram was really a CB, but was undoubtedly the 2nd best RB in the world when asked to play there. Plus does it matter what his primary position was? He was still better at RB than Neville end of!

Last edited:
How ever good he was, and granted he was good, I still can't like the guy.

How ever much United fans seem to love him, you need to look at it from someone who isn't a united fan, and basically, turn your loving to loathing, and keep it on the same level.

I am sure there are players that United fans all seem to hate, for what ever reason.

I just don't like Neville because he just seemed to act like a ***, all time time. While at the same time, I love Joey Barton, probably not to the extent that some united fans love Neville, but at the same time, I can see why people think Barton is a ****.

Thuram was only really a CB when he lost his pace at the end of his career. Mainly a RB but could play both. Plus does it matter what his primary position was? He was still better at RB than Neville end of!

Not a question of who was better at what. Neville has been a fantastic player of club, and some of the stick he's been getting is a bit ott. he'll make a great coach, and if he went for it at some point, a good manager

Okay Here is my Take on Neville..

He has played Many Games in his career and for a long time he was Mr dependable, Before his legs went, he rarely made mistakes, Put 100% into everygame and did his job well, He formed the best right sided partnership england has ever seen with Beckham. ( How much did becks love playing with this man). He then replaced Roy Keane as Utd captain and played his role in the club winning back the league in style. As well as Winning the champions league. he has helped nuture through the younger players into Utd Class. Why he might not be as glamourous in terms of reputation as the likes of Cafu and Thuram( the french Centre back) He was certainly on there level and to suggest otherwise is rather silly and stupid of anyone.

Right Thuram was mainly a centreback, or have people forgotten that he and Cannavaro formed one of the most fearsome centreback pairings in the last 20 years

Right Thuram was mainly a centreback, or have people forgotten that he and Cannavaro formed one of the most fearsome centreback pairings in the last 20 years

Well, nobody issaying that, but it doesn't stop the fact he was better than Neville when he played at RB.

People havent forgot, just using it as an way to de credit Neville, I am half expecting someone to come on here and Say that Zidane was a better Right back soon.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Well, nobody issaying that, but it doesn't stop the fact he was better than Neville when he played at RB.

Was he ****, he played there for a small majorty of his games. Neville played well there for his whole career.

98 World Cup, where did he play when France conceded 2 goals all competition?

that's just nonsense, did you watch thuram play right back?

I dont expect people to like neville, in fact fully expect most people to hate him but dont start twisting things just to take a pop at him, thats pretty sad

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

98 World Cup, where did he play when France conceded 2 goals all competition?
so a world means he players there most of his career. riiiiiiiiiight.....

Very very very harsh. I have said somethings in the past but that is shocking.

understand you may hate the bloke but this is a bit to far.

a true Manchester United legend and England. has had a fantastic career, good luck to what ever it is you choose to do from now on.

To wish a player/ex player dead is absolutely pathetic. jesus christ

agree it is abit too far...

how about losing his voice forever so he cant open that annoying mouth of his and be a sky presenter

I do absolutely hate him tho :p

int that just typical!!!

Wow. Didn't think people would take it seriously. This place is dumber than I thought

I'm not arguing anymore, just gonna say that Thuram was a centre back.

Cafu admittedly was a class wing back, but only managed 300 or so appearances in European leagues, and G-Nev has over 100 more career appearances than Cafu.

But Thuram was only a centre half at the end of his career [for the most part, great at RB]. And Cafu, yes he played less games, but with over 140 caps and 2 world cups, success isn't a question.

There is no doubt he was a good RB in his prime [Neville, although I hate him with all my heart], but imo Thuram and Cafu would be classed better, not going to take away from Neville, very good player in his time, held down that position for what must have been almost 2 decades.

Finally, Neville, bye bye, good riddance (A)

Well bringing Thuram and Cafu in this thread is non sense.

In that way we all can say every mid fielder is just average by bringing up Zidane. Same with Maldini, Ronaldo and so on.

Neville is a ******* Legend and the best RB for England and Premier league. Love it or hate it.

Well bringing Thuram and Cafu in this thread is non sense.

In that way we all can say every mid fielder is just average by bringing up Zidane. Same with Maldini, Ronaldo and so on.

Neville is a ******* Legend and the best RB for England and Premier league. Love it or hate it.
pretty much says it all

that's just nonsense, did you watch thuram play right back?

I dont expect people to like neville, in fact fully expect most people to hate him but dont start twisting things just to take a pop at him, thats pretty sad

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

so a world means he players there most of his career. riiiiiiiiiight.....

I hate him yes, but I'm not twisting think to take a pop at him.

I never said just because he played a world cup at RB meant he was one, I just said he did really well there!

I dread to think what happens when Giggs retires, If Neville was the best RB over the past 2 decades, Giggs must be the son of god?

I dread to think what happens when Giggs retires, If Neville was the best RB over the past 2 decades, Giggs must be the son of god?

Giggs is the son of god....!!! Dont be green with Envy because you havent got anyone as good as Giggs. You dont realise what Neville has done, cause your about 10. Dont hate us all.