Gary Speed Tribute Challenge.

Impressive Jono, Your points have been added and you've taken first place on the leader board. I'll be watching you closely...

The players with the season indicator are players that have been recently active within the challenge.

Mey - We've admended some of the challenge and we are awarding these points for the following achievements as well ...

10 Points for a Welsh cup win (So that gives you 10 points on the leaderboard)
5 points for a European Supercup win
5 points for community shield win.

Please guys if you have any suggestions to improve or make the challenge more fun please post Jono and my self are always looking for challengers!

I know I'm shooting myself in the foot here but the Welsh Cup ought to be less that 10 points. I mean, I basically put out a reserve team for all rounds bar the final (And that was only because it was my last game of the season) and I hammered most teams in it and I'm only Newport County. Maybe 5 points would be a little more fair as I'd equate it to about the same ad the Community Shield.

Plus, and I'm not 100% sure on this, but can Cardiff and Swansea enter it? I'm 2 seasons in and haven't noticed them in it.

Last edited:
I know I'm shooting myself in the foot here but the Welsh Cup ought to be less that 10 points. I mean, I basically put out a reserve team for all rounds bar the final (And that was only because it was my last game of the season) and I hammered most teams in it and I'm only Newport County. Maybe 5 points would be a little more fair as I'd equate it to about the same ad the Community Shield. Plus, and I'm not 100% sure on this, but can Cardiff and Swansea enter it? I'm 2 seasons in and haven't noticed them in it.

Well I appreciate the honesty, And I will adjust the points! No Swansea and Cardiff do not get entered into the Welsh cup. I'm 2014/2015 season and have never had the chance to enter it. I think once you reach a particular stature you cannot enter the cup any longer - although I could be wrong, let me know when you get Newport into the Prem! lol.

Challenge League Table

Player Swansea Cardiff Wales Wrexham Newport Colwyn Bay Total Season
JonoMUFC 10540 1452017/2018
faulky10 1251252014/2015
garthy1706 2525
I7IDanny 2525
Gazooki 25 25
Winters 20 20
Kandersson 15 15
Meynell94 15 15 2012/2013
Chokopop 5 5
Jamo456 5 5
Fat55
AFC12555
joshyyylovessaraaah 55
Harty10 5 5
cardiffchris82 5 5
xsaurezx7 5 5
kazza96 5 5
thefmgod 2 2
Epic Terrorist 00

Last edited:
I believe that up until recently, no Welsh teams in the English football league system entered the Welsh Cup. But a couple of years ago they invited the Welsh sides in the English Football League back into the trophy and Swansea and Cardiff rejected the offer which is why they aren't in it atm.

I believe that up until recently, no Welsh teams in the English football league system entered the Welsh Cup. But a couple of years ago they invited the Welsh sides in the English Football League back into the trophy and Swansea and Cardiff rejected the offer which is why they aren't in it atm.

Makes sense...Thanks

Shouldnt Mey have been given some extra bonus points for starting as Newport Faulky?

I know XD It's frustrating that I started my save not long before I saw this. Otherwise I'd have started as Welsh.

I'm currently debating with myself on whether or not to put the clubs finances and future at risk and sign this guy

View attachment 227254

The clubs balance in August is currently £84k and I have a transfer budget of £184k remaining. I think I could get the guy for around £500-600k with clauses. He looks like the kind of player who will become top quality and could help me push towards the Premiership.

What do you guys think? Think I should risk it and go for him?

Go for it, he is gonna play for you for a year and get picked up by another club for more then twice that. Its well worth it and wow he is quite a quality looking centre mid to!

I'm currently debating with myself on whether or not to put the clubs finances and future at risk and sign this guy

View attachment 227254

The clubs balance in August is currently £84k and I have a transfer budget of £184k remaining. I think I could get the guy for around £500-600k with clauses. He looks like the kind of player who will become top quality and could help me push towards the Premiership.

What do you guys think? Think I should risk it and go for him?

I agree with Jono - Gotta get him! he looks pure quality and hopefully he can/and will only get better.

What league are you in at the moment? Whats your promotion status looking like? If you can seal promotion then i'd say get him and don't worry too much about the finances because you'll be able to re-coup most of the losses after securing promotion.

I'm three games into the season at the moment and one of those was the League Cup so I definitely can't guarantee promotion just yet. I'm still in League One - I haven't had much time to play lately - but think I can deffo push for promotion with my signings so far and this guy would deffo boost my chances.

Think I'm gonna go all out for him. Can always sell him if things go wrong and like you guys say, he can only get better.

I'm three games into the season at the moment and one of those was the League Cup so I definitely can't guarantee promotion just yet. I'm still in League One - I haven't had much time to play lately - but think I can deffo push for promotion with my signings so far and this guy would deffo boost my chances.

Think I'm gonna go all out for him. Can always sell him if things go wrong and like you guys say, he can only get better.

As a league 1 side you probably wont be able to hold him. The beauty of that is though you stand to make a nice profit for the club in the long term and if you can keep him, well thats just a bonus!

Well, he got injured and is out for 5-6 months with a broken foot so I decided to not bother signing him. Might have another look in the summer next year. I'm gutted :(.

oh *****, thats a bummer. Hopefully it doesn't hamper his progress! At least you can't save that extra bit of cash now.