Gary Speed Tribute Challenge.

Just started at Swansea.. Made a pretty good start by beating Chelsea 3-0

Just started at Swansea.. Made a pretty good start by beating Chelsea 3-0

Oh awesome Aannddyy, are you taking on the challenge?

Ah yes well my Cardiff side has gone from strength to strength this term winning 4 trophies!

Firstly my FA Cup win

View attachment 227721

Secondly is my Carling Cup Win

View attachment 227722

Third is my Premier League win

View attachment 227723

And Im very proud to show my Champions League Triumph, although very sad that I had to beat Manchester United to get it :(

View attachment 227724

Obviously Faulky my teams not Majority Welsh yet however I have a couple youth playing as valuable squad members so hopefully it wont be to long!

Oh and my u18's won there league with a majority Welsh squad.

View attachment 227725

Also nearing the start of the new season Real Madrid have approached me, with the highest transfer budge I've seen in an FM game!

View attachment 227743

Last edited:
As a Liverpool fan I must say that even on a fictional game, I love seeing Man Utd getting beaten in a final ^^).

Last edited:
What's the point in me managing Wrexham if I don't get any points for winning BSP, L2, L1 or Championship? That's at least 4 years without any points. Didn't realise this challenge was so much easier for Swansea and Cardiff.

Anyway, started as Wrexham.. Currently second after 18 games.. It won't let me upload a screenshot.. But I am Welsh & starting on Sunday League reputation.

What's the point in me managing Wrexham if I don't get any points for winning BSP, L2, L1 or Championship? That's at least 4 years without any points. Didn't realise this challenge was so much easier for Swansea and Cardiff.

Anyway, started as Wrexham.. Currently second after 18 games.. It won't let me upload a screenshot.. But I am Welsh & starting on Sunday League reputation.

Im sure Faulky can rearrange so you get something for winning those leagues. He isnt inflexible and tbh no one has really been playing with us :(, well except meynell

I got to the FA Cup 4th round. Not bad considering I had to beat Stockport, Exeter, Hartlepool, and Preston.. Then lost to Blackburn.

Currently on course to win the treble, though. BSP, FA Trophy, & Welsh Cup. Probably the most pathetic treble ever. :)

hahaha, gotta start somewhere though, that should at least bring more gate receipts

hahaha, gotta start somewhere though, that should at least bring more gate receipts

Mate, tell me about it. Playing away at Blackburn has got me 1/4 of my entire seasons gate receipts. Shame I couldn't beat them and host Arsenal in the 5th round. :p

yeah I want some points too for the pathetic treble I had posted before ;)

I was enjoying the challenge with Wrexham but lost interest in the save when I realised they can't qualify for Europa League via Welsh Cup. Playing european competitions while in lower leagues would have been the most intriguing part of this challenge for me.

Mate, tell me about it. Playing away at Blackburn has got me 1/4 of my entire seasons gate receipts. Shame I couldn't beat them and host Arsenal in the 5th round. :p

Hahaha, well that money gotta help :p.

Yeah Kandersson, reason why I chose Cardiff was because I didnt want to start in Lower League, I already did that with San Marino and brick walled in Serie A:mad:.

yeah I want some points too for the pathetic treble I had posted before ;)

I was enjoying the challenge with Wrexham but lost interest in the save when I realised they can't qualify for Europa League via Welsh Cup. Playing european competitions while in lower leagues would have been the most intriguing part of this challenge for me.

THEY CAN'T!!?!?!??!??? FML.

THEY CAN'T!!?!?!??!??? FML.

apparently they're treated like any other english team, they can qualify for European competions via league and FA Cup but not Welsh Cup. That was quite a let down for me, would have been something different.

Jono you know I'm addicted to LLM ;)

apparently they're treated like any other english team, they can qualify for European competions via league and FA Cup but not Welsh Cup. That was quite a let down for me, would have been something different.

Jono you know I'm addicted to LLM ;)

I am to, but I do get a little tired of it sometimes, I got my San Marino to 2018 before I couldnt stand finishing 10th anymore in Serie A. Still have the save, should give it another try. You not coming back to this challenge?

I am to, but I do get a little tired of it sometimes, I got my San Marino to 2018 before I couldnt stand finishing 10th anymore in Serie A. Still have the save, should give it another try. You not coming back to this challenge?

well I eventually got back to my SM save after a break and now I'm sticking with it, trying to really take the national team to a higher level. Doing ridiculously well with the club, just won Serie A and Champions League in 2017 (H). NT is my main challenge now.

Still have the Wrexham save (start of second season), might get back to that in the future as I think it's a fun challenge, so many matches in a single season! I like the idea of eventually using only players produced at the club, that would be a real challenge.

I tried to alter the points by giving those starting in lower leagues points off the bat - but by the looks of it people want a more steady stream of points.

So when i look at it we can alter it one of three ways... (I am open to suggestions as always!! I want people to play this challenge and stick to it as I think it's actually a pretty fun challenge!!)

1- Eliminate all starting points (wrexham, cardiff, swansea, newport, and colwyn bay all start at 0). And for gaining promotion you gain 5 points (basically instead of me automatically giving the teams the points based on how many promotions it takes to gain entry to the prem you have to actually earn them). Then we will add 5 points for the ***** FA trophy.

2- Every one stays at the points allotted (based on how many promotions the team must win in order to advance to the PL 5 points per promotion) and we just add 5 points for the FA trophy.

3- I can cut the starting points in half and add 5 points per promotion as well - as well as adding the FA trophy points.

So really all I am doing is adding 5 points for the FA trophy as in theory I've already given the LLM points required for promotion. Let me know what you think and we'll come up with some sort of ultra mega sexy plan.

Faulky OUT

aannddyy_: i say you get rid of starting points
aannddyy_: have 5 point promotion for BSP. 10 for L2. 15 for L1. 20 for Championship
aannddyy_: then I think it's 30 for PL