Glad to see your still going strong, Getting out of league 1 might be abit of challange a top half finish shouldnt be too hard, Maybe get into the promotion places although it does look like your gonna need a few new signings as you say if promotion is to happen.

I see you loaded up on midfielders though, Does this mean the end off the road for Phillips and Francis or are they now backup players?.To be first team players for 3 seasons for BSN players is good going but surely they cant cut it in league 1.

you are a beast of a manager!!!

I dont think i would have the patience LOL

good on ya mate

The season is underway and we are 10 games in sitting 2nd right now on 25 points, 8 wins 1 draw and 1 loss, Coventry currently hold top spot with 10 wins out of 10 with Leicester and Southampton on 22 just behind me and Southend on 21 and Bradford on 18 making up the top 6 right now.

A few new faces have been added to my team since my last update most of who have proved very helpful either as first team or backup players.Sorry Plink but Phillips and Francis are now only backup players however Francis is valued at 150k now so i think i'll try and offload him, Not bad for someone valued at 1k 3 seasons ago.

Transfers:
Chris Blackburn DRC - Free Transfer
Marian Keleman GK - Free Transfer
Adam Cass MR - Free Transfer
Robert MacLennan MRL - Free from Clyde
Shane Cansdell-Sherriff RLC DM MC- Free Transfer

A few signings i sadly missed out on were Ian Ashbee who went to Warsall and James Beattie who went to Bradford.Gutted to have missed out on Beattie i've always been a fan of his but oh well.

League 1
Gateshead 1-0 Hartlepool
David Livermore opens the scoring with a wonderful effort from just outside the box on 13 mins.Sadly on 20 mins Oliver is injured so i have to switch to 3-1-4-2 because Oliver was my backup CB.The match dies down with no action seen at either end.On 61 mins Douglas is injured for the visitors but thats the only real action of the 2nd half.Happy to have won my first game in the league.

League Cup 1st Round
Hartlepool 0-1 Gateshead
The only goal of the game comes after 10 mins when Flynn puts it in his own net following a Livermore corner.The match is just poor with no action at all apart from a few bookings and half chances so i'll leave it at that.Glad to have won and go through but it was a poor match.

League 1
Gateshead 4-0 Rochdale
The scoring is opened by Soley on 9 mins when Livermore swings in a corner right onto his head.Its 2-0 on 25 mins when Blackburn nets his first goal for the Tynesiders from another Livermore corner.45 mins and McCready is injured for the visitors and that ends the first half.66 mins in and Soley nets his 2nd of the game following another Livermore corner and the game is sealed on 70 mins when Doninger hits a cracking goal for 25 yards out.Great result, Great performance and Livermore has proved a great signing so far.

League 2
Notts Co 2-3 Gateshead
Izzet opens the scoring on 14 mins for the hosts.Talbot sees red on 16 mins for the hosts letting the Tynesiders back into the game.The first half comes to a end without the Tynesiders even getting a shot off though.Thats soon changed on 46 mins though when Soley gets up for a Livermore corner and levels the scoring.Greacen makes it 2-1 on 61 mins though hitting us on the counter.Doninger levels it up again on 68 though with a powerful header from a Horwood cross.The Tynesiders steal the win on 90+1 when Fallon nets his first for the club with a clever shot from outside the box.Great game and im delighted to have stole the win.

League Cup 2nd Round
Sunderland 5-0 Gateshead
Garay opens the scoring after just 7 mins with a placed header.Reid then nets a freekick on 29 mins.The half time whistle comes and its only 2-0 im quite happy.Kurdov nets on 51 mins with a powerful shot.Carew makes it 4 on 60 mins with a powerful header.Pizzaro seals the win on 87 mins with a placed shot.Poor performance from us and to lose to Sunderland is just gutting.

League 1
Plymouth 1-2 Gateshead
Carter opens the scoring for the hosts on 26 mins.The match dies down and little action is seen for the rest of the half.Fallon nets a leveler from the spot on 67 mins and its game on.Fallon steals the points again on 90 mins with a powerful shot from outside the box.Great to pick up the points and Fallon getting both goals against his former club is fun.

League 1
Gateshead 2-2 Gillingham
13 mins in and the visitors take the lead through Sinclair.The leveler comes on 24 mins through a powerful effort from Doninger.Kandol nets on 31 mins with a powerful header and thats the end off the first halfs action.68 mins in and Twumasi is injured, The level comes on 90+1 when Spiller scores from a corner.Gutted to have conceeded so late on, Good when i steal points gutting when i get them stole.

League 1
Scunthorpe 0-1 Gateshead
Livermore is injured on 4 mins and im gutted.The match see no action at all from either side until the only goal of the game is finally scored.That comes compliments of Fallon again stealing the points on 89 mins with a header from a Horwood cross.Again the points are stolen and the win is ours, chuffed to bits.

League 1
Gateshead 1-0 Peterborough
Boring first half, Just stop start stuff with not real chances.The goal finally comes from the spot on 67 mins when Fallon is hacked down.Francis steps up to convert the spot kick and give us the win.Good to have won and nice to get Francis atleast one goal this season.

League 1
Gateshead 3-4 Tranmere
Doninger opens the scoring after only 3 mins with a wonderful solo effort.Shuker makes it 1-1 though on 5 mins with a header.Martin then makes it 1-2 on 23 mins with a simple tap in.Fallon pulls it level on 40 mins with a placed effort from outside the box.56 mins in and Fallon grabs another after Doninger plays him through.68 mins in and its all level again when Kean scores.When Soley fouls Kean on 89 mins in the box you know whats coming, Up steps Kean and its 3-4.Gutted again to have the point stolen from me we didnt deserve to lose that one.

League 1
Brighton 3-5 Gateshead
Doninger opens the scoring on 21 mins when McClennan whips in a low cross from the right.On 28 mins Livermore swings in a corner that is met by the head of Blackburn.47 mins in and Kennedy puts it past his own keeper to make it 1-2.Scott-Woodhouse makes it 2-2 on 50 mins and when Kennedy fouls Scott-Woodhouse on 64 mins Whing steps up and converts the pen.67 mins in and Roberts but it past his own keeper for 3-3 following a shot from Fallon.70 mins in and Livermore puts up back in front with a wonderful lob from outside the box.The win is sealed on 80 mins when Fallon nets a header following a cross from McClennan sadly McClennan is injured on 90+1 but he got 2 assist in his first game for the club so not too shabby.Great game, Great comeback, Happy with that result.

JPT N 2nd Round
Shrewsbury 0-2 Gateshead
Boring first half seeing very little action apart from a booking or 2.Kandol is replaced at half time by Lawrie because Kandol SUCKS.79 mins in and Lawrie finds the net following some goos work from Fallon.Doninger nets on 89 mins to seal the win with a wonderful freekick from just outside the area.Glad to be through but i repeat Kandol SUCKS.

League 1
Walsall 0-1 Gateshead
Marwood in injured on 6 mins giving Cass his first game for the Tynesiders but thats the only action of the first half and pretty much the whole of the second half too if im honest.The goal finally comes on 82 mins and its Mr late goal himself, Fallon whos nets it after a clever ball over the top from new signing Cansdell-Sherriff.Glad to have won what was a very very poor match.

As you can see theres been some ups and downs so far but still along way to go and im feeling quietly confident about getting promotion although winning the league is a different matter.As for that waste of wages Kandol when i say he sucks i mean he really really sucks, 1 goal in 9 games and no assists hes dire.

Had to edit forgot to add the Peterborough game.

Last edited:
What tactic are you useing any chance you can upload it on to the thread

Current tactics is a 4-4-2 formation with alot of width and high tempo, Sometimes i will slow the game down and drop the tempo and passing style down to half way when im either ahead and under pressure of at the start of tougher away games then pump it up in the last 20 mins and try and steal it.heres my current tactics though.
attach.png

If you need the player instructions just let me know and i'll get you them.

20 games in still sitting in second with Coventry holding top spot by 3 points but i didnt expect to win this league so im suprised im up challanging for the top spot really.Only 1 new signing snapped up just before the free transfer window shut, Ben Hutchinson a striker on a free to give me some extra cover upfront.

League 1
Gateshead 1-3 Leicester
Jerome opens the scoring for the visitors on 31 mins from the spot following a foul from Cansdell-Sherriff.On 36 mins it 0-2 thanks to a goal from Hurst.Flynn puts it past his own keeper on 38 mins to give us a life line.The game is sealed on 45+2 though when Cansdell-Sherriff puts it past his own keeper.The second half is poor with limited chances.Poor performance from us and more importantly Cansdell-Sherriff.

League 1
Oldham 1-2 Gateshead
First half is very poor with nothing happening at all.Second half starts the same way too until Clifford nets on 66 mins.On 84 mins Kandol manages to stab the ball home from point blank range to level the scoring.Smith is sent off on 86 mins for a foul on Kandol and from the resulting freekick Kandol nods home when Doninger swings it into the box.Good result and nice to see Kandol scoring although i still dont like him.

League 1
Gateshead 3-0 Nottingham Forrest
Marwood gets the hosts off to a flyer on 4 mins with a wonderful curling shot from outside the box.Its soon 2-0 when Doninger hits a wonderful freekick on 16 mins.The first half goes dead and the second half looks to be going the same way until Kandol nets from the spot following a foul on Lawrie.Good result with a couple of nice goals.

League 1
Southampton 3-5 Gateshead
Fallon opens the scoring on 18 mins following some good work from Livermore.On 35 mins Soley gets up and nods home a Livermore corner.Kandol finds the net on 49 mins after some strong play from Fallon and we are 3 up and looking comfortable.Morrison nets on 51 mins for the hosts to give them a lifeline.Bailey then makes it edgey on 65 mins and when morrison nets his second on 82 mins im shocked we threw away a 3 goal lead.Livermore puts us back infront on 84 mins though when his cross finds its way past the keeper and on 86 mins Doninger hits a powerful effort from outside the box to seal the win.Great game but so poor to give away 3 goals so easy.

League 1
Carlisle 1-0 Gateshead
A really poor first half with nothing happening.second half is the same until Gowling scores the only goal of the game on 78 mins with a towering header.Poor result and performance from us.

JPT N Qtr Final
Bury 1-2 Gateshead
First half sees next to no action.Doninger opens the scoring on 50 mins with a freekick.Thompson levels the scoring on 66 mins with a header from a corner.70 mins and Lawrie misses a pen but the game is sealed on 75 mins when Kandol nets from a Livermore corner.Good result and we are in the semis.

FA Cup 1st Round
Stalybridge 2-5 Gateshead
Hegarty gives the hosts a suprise lead on 14 mins.16 mins and its all level though thanks to Kandol netting a towering header.44 mins and Lawrie hits a wonderful effort from outside the box and on 45+1 he nets again with a simple tap in near post.52 mins in and Crowell puts it past his own keeper for 1-4.80 mins in and Gourlay makes it 2-4 but Lawrie seals the game and his hattrick on 88 mins with a wonderful solo run and finish.Good result against a weaker team.

League 1
Gateshead 2-0 Crewe
23 mins in and Doninger gives the hosts the lead with a powerful effort from outside the box.Horwood makes it 2-0 on 35 mins with a clever finish cutting in from the left.Second half sees next to no action though.Good result and a clean sheet.

League 1
Gateshead 3-0 Southend
First half sees no action at all apart from a injury to Martin on 45+3.Second half finally comes to life on 78 mins when Horwood nets following a Cass cross.84 mins and Livermores corner finds Blackburns head for 2-0.The game is sealed on 90 mins by Doninger with a long range effort.Good result and a strong second half performance.

League 1
Leyton Orient 0-2 gateshead
Fallon opens the scoring on 21 mins with a simple headed goal from a Horwood cross.38 mins in Marwood is injured but on 41 mins Doninger nets another long ranger for 0-2.52 mins and Fallon is injured and thats the only action of a poor second half.Good result but 2 key players injured.

FA Cup 2nd Round
Gateshead 2-1 Carlisle
first half sees no action apart from a few bookings and half chances.Second half is the same until Williams scores for the visitors on 79 mins.Kandol levels the scoring on 81 mins with a simple finish even though he looked way offside.On 83 mins Kandol latches onto a long ball from Oliver to catch Carlisle on the break and its 2-1.Good result and good come back.

League 1
Gateshead 3-1 Shrewsbury
Doninger opens the scoring on 23 mins with a freekick.45 mins in a we lose Kandol through injury.49 mins in a Holt is injured for the visitors.52 mins in and Cass is injured for us.56 mins in and Hutchinson nets his first for the club but on 58 mins hes too is injured for us.71 mins and Lees nets from the spot to give the visitors a lifeline.Lawrie is on upfront with Doninger and on 90+1 Lawrie seals the win with a tap in on the counter.Good result but 3 injurys is not a good thing.

League 2
Bradford 2-2 Gateshead
Jarrett opens the scoring for the hosts on 19 mins.Its 2-0 on 40 mins when O'Brian scores a freekick.47 mins and Lawrie hands us a lifeline with a solo effort.84 mins and Doninger nets a cracker from outside the box to level it up.Great result for us maybe even the best performance so far, 7 players out injured and makeshift attack and coming back from 2 down im impressed.

JPT N Semi Final
Gateshead 2-1 Leicester
22 mins in and Routledge gives the visitors the lead.Its all level on 42 mins when Livermore nets following a cross from Horwood.74 mins in and we grab the win when Livermores corner finds the head of Soley.Good result and nice to finally beat Leicester.

Some good results and some poor ones but we are still up there, Player of the season so far has to be Mark Doninger the MC is my top goal scorer, 28 games 15 goals 5 assists 5 MoM awards and a average rating of 7.39 would love to bring him on full time next season but his 1.7 million price tag says thats not happening but another loan is looking a good option.

Will update again soon.

Looks like promotion is getting closer keep up the good work and you will be in the premiership in a few more seasons.Sad to see Phillips and Francis drop down the pecking order but your right for Francis to go from valued at 1k to 150k is impressive and i dont blame you one bit for cashing in on him, Seems like Doninger has stepped into his place and picked up where he left off anyway.

30 games in now and sitting 2nd in League 1 by 1 point with a game in hand over Coventry.Still in the FA Cup making it to the 5th round for the first time after avoiding Premiership and Championship teams in the 3rd and 4th round we made it to the 5th round but i think thats where the FA Cup ends for us and we got Everton we are at home but im still expecting to be beaten quite heavily in that one.

Only 1 new signing bringing back Godsmark from Newcastle to cover on RM after losing all 3 of my RM to long term injuries.

League 1
Gateshead 3-1 MK Dons
The first half is poor with limited chances.The scoring is opened by the visitors on 55 mins when Devlin scores.Its level on 73 when Lawrie is fouled in the box and steps up to convert it himself.The lead is taken on 78 when Fallon is played in by Doninger for a simple tap in.Doninger finishes the scoring on 81 mins with a cracking freekick.Good result and a great second half performance.

League 1
Yeovil 0-3 Gateshead
Fallon gets the Tynesiders off to a flyer on 1 min with a simple tap in following good work from Horwood.Its 0-2 on 6 mins when Fallon is fouled and Twumasi steps up to convert the pen.the match really goes cold after than and its not until 90+1 we see another real chance and it results in a goal, Doninger hitting a long range effort into the bottom corner.Great start to the match and finish.

League 1
Rochdale 0-5 Gateshead
20 mins in and Blackburn scores off a Livermore corner.He gets his second from another Livermore corner on 28 mins.66 mins in and its 0-3 when Hutchinson scores a towering header from a Horwood cross.81 mins in and Blackburn completes his hattrick from another Livermore corner.The route is completed on 89 mins and its Doninger again with a diving header.Great performance from the team delighted with this result.

League 1
Coventry 3-2 Gateshead
Livermore opens the scoring on 9 mins with a smashing effort from outside the box.34 mins in and we loss Cass to injury but its level on 42 mins though when Bridge-Wilkinson nets a cracker.The lead goes to the hosts on 45+2 when Lennon scores a simple headed goal.Hutchinson levels it up on 53 mins with a towering header.The games is lost on 68 mins when Hackney scores a simple goal following a mistake from Soley.Good effort in a game i was expect to be hammered in.

FA Cup 3rd round
Gateshead 2-0 Exeter
7 mins in and Hutchinson opens the scoring with a powerful header.Thats the only real action of the first half.Doninger makes it 2-0 on 67 mins with a cracking freekick to seal the win.Good result and through to round 4 for the first time.

League 1
Hartlepool 3-2 Gateshead
Blackburn puts it past his own keeper on 23 mins to give the hosts the lead.33 mins and Henry makes it 2-0 with a simple goal and on 45+2 Williams makes it 3-0 with a header.Hutchinson makes it it 3-1 on 65 mins with a towering header.70 mins in and Doninger is injured but Godsmark nets in his first game since his return to the Tynesiders on 76 mins with a simple tap in.Poor result i really expected to win this one.

League 1
Gateshead 0-1 Notts Co
Poor first half with limited chances.Second half is going the same way and this match is looking like a draw until we lose our keeper Keleman on 73 mins and dont have a replacement keeper due to him being called up to the Sweden team.Fallon has to go in net for us and that proves a mistake when he turns the ball into his own net on 77 mins.Gutted to have lost this one its just one of those things.

League 1
Gateshead 4-1 Plymouth
Chen opens the scoring for the visitors on 4 mins.Soley levels it up on 31 mins with a towering header from a Livermore corner.49 mins and Lawrie nets a classy solo effort 54 mins and he makes it 3-1 with a simple tap in.Lawrie finishes his hattrick off on 90 mins latching onto a long ball from Blackburn before slamming it home.Great performance and glad to have won after losing 3 on the bounce in the league.

JPT N Final leg 1
Gateshead 3-1 Scunthorpe
Francis opens the scoring for Scunthorpe on 16 mins with a freekick i knew i shouldnt have sold him to them.Kandol levels the scoring on 67 mins though with a diving header.Blackburn makes it 2-1 on 73 mins following a Livermore corner.Kandol ends the scoring on 78 mins following a Livermore corner.Great win but i just knew Francis would score past me.

FA Cup 4th Round
Southend 0-0 Gateshead
Poor match with limited chances, I'll just leave it at that really.

League 1
Gillingham 0-1 Gateshead
Poor first half with a few chances but nothing serious.The goal finally comes on 69 mins when Fallon nets follow a clever lay off from Kandol.poor game but i'll take this.

League 1
Gateshead 2-1 Scunthorpe
Lasley opens the scoring on 31 mins with a solo effort.The game goes dead and it looks like we have lost this one.Doninger changes all that though with a quick fire double 87 mins in he hits a pile driver from 25 yard out and on 89 mins he seals the win with a freekick from just outside the box.What a comeback and Doninger is just amazing this season.

FA Cup 4th Round Replay
Gateshead 2-0 Southend
The scoring is opened on 34 mins when Livermore hits a simple goal following good work from Godsmark.Its 2-0 on 42 mins when Fallon gets onto a through ball from Doninger and slots it home.Second half is poor with Southend pushing but nothing happens.Good result and the 5th round here we come.

League 1
Gateshead 0-0 Brighton
Soley is sent off on 5 mins so we go alittle more defencive.40 mins in and we lose our key player when Doninger goes down.The match goes flat with Brighton dominating but not being able to score.I'll take this after going down to 10 men so early.

Some good results and bad ones, Losing 3 on the bounce was abit annoying but some good wins in there too.I managed to sell Francis to Scunthorpe for 200k (100k upfront 100k over 12 month) sad to see him go but i couldnt turn down that price for him.He scored past me too which is a real kick in the teeth.

Looking good so far, Guess you will be in the championship soon enough.Nice to see you cashed in on Francis although him scoring against you is just typical really.The 3 on the bounce isnt that bad really, You bounced back from those defeats and thats all that matters.

The season is over and we finished top of the league by 1 point, Coventry just crumbled and it was Leicester who push us in the final part of the season.We just managed to pick it up in the final few games but my god did we did a rough patch prior to that.Also won the JPT which was a nice bonus and not really expected.

Its been 16 games in the league plus cup games since my last update so i'll just upload a screenshot of the results as typing all that out would take me forever and im just lazy.

As you can see my strikeforce just went to pot in the final 15 games or so and in the final few games it was Soley and Blackburn who were getting me the goals but without a strikeforce in form as you can see the results were not exactly good but we won the league so im happy.
attach.png
attach.png
attach.png

Just got the sponsorship info for League 1 and im in shock really.In total the clubs in League 1 generated around 10.75 million in sponsorship, Gateshead generated 6.5 million of that on their own.Im delighted to have that much backing from my sponsors i have no idea where the **** it came from but im not gonna complain 1 bit.
attach.png

Finally back playing my Gateshead game and the Championship is looking like a 2 season thing.I really dont see myself breaking into the playoffs let alone getting automatic promotion even with the signings i have made i still think top 10 is a good target for me.

Signings so far:
Fabien Alberto DC/DMC/MC - Free from Grenoble Foot 38
Ferdi Elmas AML - 60k from RBC Roosendaal
Jon Harley D/WB/AML - Free from Watford
Matty Fryatt ST - Free from Leicester
Richard Keogh DRC - Free from Blackpool
Jonny Godsmark AM RLC/FC - Free Transfer
Kevin Mcdonald MC - Free from Burnley
Pablo Counago ST - Free Transfer
Yves Makabu Ma Kalambay GK - Free Transfer
Ivar Ingimarsson DC/DM - Free Transfer
David Prutton MRC - Free Transfer
Jake Livermore MC - Free Transfer
Geoffrey Le Coz MR/ST - Free from Nimes Olympique

Pretty much signed up a entire new team for this season which explains the preseason results, The team is still trying to gel so im not too fussed about the results right now.

Preseason:

Morton 1-2 Gateshead
Matty Fryatt opens the scoring after 3 mins after some good play from Ferdi.10 mins in and Jon Harley goes off injured.45+1 and Fryatt nets his second following a clever flick on from Counago.Perry grabs a goal for the hosts on 48 mins.Ferdi goes off injured on 80 mins but the win is ours.Good result for a team in there first match together.

Gateshead 2-3 Dunfermline
Counago opens the scoring after 47 mins with a wonderful header.Fryatt nets on 61 will a simple tapin.79 mins in and Milne grabs a lifeline for the visitors and its all level on 82 when Dobbie nets.Milne steals the win for the visitors on 90+3 mins.Hard to take the defeat after leading 2-0 for so long but its ok i suppose.

Clyde 1-2 Gateshead
Gaughan puts it in his own net on 7 mins to give the visitors the lead.Eaglesham levels it up on 12 mins though.Counago scores the winning goal on 41 mins with a diving header.Good result away from home.

Gateshead 1-1 Norwich
Murphy scores the opener for the visitors on 16 mins.Counago levels it up on 27 mins with a towering header.The match goes dead and no more action is seen.I'll take the draw i suppose.

Gateshead 1-2 Swansea
Kalambay scores a own goal on 36 mins to give the visitors the lead.McDonald levels it up on 50 mins with a cracking effort from 25 yards out.McHugh steals the win for the visiotors or 87 mins.Poor to lose again late on but still preseason went ok.

Some big teams in the Championship this season making it even harder to get out of the league but i'll do my best i suppose.

Glad to see your back playing your game, Thought you might have given up on it.You ended last season strong and you have made a **** of a lot of signings this season.Giving yourself 2 seasons is a wise move i think but you should be ok getting into the top 10 if you stay injury free in the key areas.

Harley, Keogh and Ingimarsson could be key to your season though you have 3 decent championship defenders there.cant say i know your keeper but he has the best name ever.

Good luck on your new season, Hopefully will see you in the premiership in a season or 2.

Yea Plink alot of this season is gonna ride on my teams defence which is a new thing for me because im used to scoring and not worrying about defending but i know that wont work in the Championship.

Signed up 3 new players although 2 are joining me in January i managed to pick up experienced striker Kevin Davies on a free which im delighted with as i've always been a fan of him.The other 2 are 2 German youths Ali Sar a striker i picked up from Kassel for 2k and Benjamin Meier a AML i picked up for 1k from Regensburg II both look quite promising but only time will tell.

Championship
Gateshead 0-1 West Ham
First half we dominated but the team clearly hasnt gelled yet and made little chances.Second half got off to a bad start when Chertien netted the only goal of the game on 52 mins.Im actually happy with this result as they are newly relegated and still have a premiership quality side.

League Cup 1st Round
Scunthorpe 0-3 Gateshead
McDonald opens the scoring on 16 mins with a simple tap in after good play from Alberto.Counago nets on 22 mins with a simple header after a good cross from Prutton.On 28 mins McDonald hits a power shot from 25 yards out to end the game.32 mins and Soley goes down injured to be replaced by Cansdell-Sherriff who see red on 63 mins which killed the game off.Good result away from home and glad to be through.

Championship
Gateshead 4-1 Derby
Le Coz opens the scoring on 11 mins after Fryatt plays him through.Thats the only action of the first half.Stevenson levels it up on 59 mins.Derby push for a winner and are hit on the counter when Le Coz nets his second goal on 83 mins after a long ball up field.Le Coz hits a hattrick on 86 mins after another swift counter.McDonald ends the game on 90+1 when Fryatt is hacked down in the box and he steps up to convert.Great result and what a performance from Le Coz in his first game.

Championship
Portsmouth 3-1 Gateshead
Utaka opens the scoring after only 2 mins.22 mins in and Shirikov hits a powerdrive for 2-0.Counago gives us a lifeline on 41 mins with a towering header.The game is all over on 82 mins when Hernandez hits us on the counter and slams it home.Again a result i will take they have a full strength premiership team and it showed.

League Cup 2nd Round
Gateshead 4-3 West Brom
Tomlinson opens the scoring for the visitors on 24 mins and its soon 0-2 when Valero smashes home on 28 mins.Prutton grabs a lifeline on 45+1 after a ball over the top from Davies.Ferdi levels it up on 73 mins with a powerful effort cutting in from the left.Extra time becons and its West Brom who take the lead again this time through Wayne Bridge.100 mins in and its level again through Davies with a trademark header.116 mins and Davies gets onto a Harley corner and powers home.Great result for us and we took a premiership scalp.

Championship
Gateshead 3-0 Crystal Palace
Davies gives us the lead on 37 mins with a powerful header from a Ferdi cross.Its 2-0 on 56 mins when Prutton hits a cracking effort from outside the box.The match is over on 82 mins when Fryatt nets a simple tap in following up from a Davies shot.Great result and Davies look like a real steal of a signing.

Championship
Barnsley 1-2 Gateshead
Davies is injured after only 16 mins but Le Coz opens the scoring after 20 mins cutting in from the right and just slamming it home.45+1 and its all level when Bryne scores a tap in.The match is sealed when Prutton grabs a simple goal on 76 mins.Good win away from home but loosing Davies is gutting.

Championship
Gateshead 2-0 Blackpool
Le Coz opens the scoring on 40 mins with a clever goal when Prutton lays off a freekick he just hammers it home.Fryatt gets on the scoresheet after 76 mins when Counago flicks the ball on and he chips the keeper.Good result and good all round performance.

Championship
Gateshead 1-4 Fulham
Stoor opens the scoring after 10 mins.McDonald levels it up follow a mix up in the Fulham box.Zamora the hits a hattrick netting on 50, 58 and finishing up with a pen on 74 mins when Keogh brings him down.Poor result i know they have a premiership level squad but at home to conceed 4 and create so little sucks.

League Cup Round 3
Gateshead 3-1 Sheffield Wed
Keogh opens the scoring after 9 mins getting onto a Harley corner.Its 2-0 on 18 mins when fryatt scores a simple header from a Twumasi cross, 31 mins and we lose Horwood through injury so Godsmark is on.The visitors grab a lifeline on 45+2 when Wood nets.The game is over when Godsmark nets a fine goal cutting in from the left and rounding the keeper.Great result and we are through.

Some good results there, Glad to have the 3 relegated teams out of the way suffering 3 defeats to them is ok as we actually look really strong against all other teams.davies and fryatt are looking strong as is Le Coz, Counago is playing well when coming on but the back line is looking edgey sometimes.

17 games into the Championship and we are doing alot better than i thought we would.By no means are we gonna win this league but we are sitting in 5th place with 33 points level on points with Fulham who are 6th and only 1 point behind Norwich and Sawnsea who are 3rd and 4th but a massive 7 points behind West Ham in 2nd and 11 points behind Portsmouth who sit top.

11 wins 0 draws and 6 loses so far but those loses have come against West Ham, Portsmouth, Fulham, Swansea and Norwich which are all the teams in the top 6 aswell as a poor loss to Millwall who are way down in 19th which sucked.

Only 1 new signing, Pedro Vaga a AML on a free transfer, 16 corners and freekick taking which is was really lacking so hopefully my CB's will net more goals now.

Championship
Norwich 1-0 Gateshead
First half was very poor and in all honesty we dominated it but couldnt get a goal.However all that dominance proved pointless when Stevenson hit a 35 yard freekick into the back of the net on 74 mins.Really gutted to have lost after dominating the match but oh well.

Championship
Gateshead 2-1 Wolves
Le Coz is injured on 8 mins replaced by Godsmark.20 mins in and Stearman scores from a corner to give the visitors a lead.22 mins and its all level when Godsmark nets a freak cross into the back of the net.36 mins and Fryatt nets a simple headed goal following a Godsmark cross.The second half is poor with Wolves really pressing but the backline held up.Good result against a very strong side.

Championship
Gateshead 2-0 Sheffield Utd
First half is all Gateshead the only shock is they didnt manage to score a goal.Soon the deadlock was broken on 54 mins when McDonald hit a smashing effort from outside the box.It was soon 2-0 when Fryatt netted on 57 mins after good work from Davies.Fryatt saw red on 63 mins though so we went all out defencive to hold on for the lead.Solid performance against a good team.

Championship
Swansea 3-1 Gateshead
15 mins in and Buzsaky nets a simple header.29 mins and its 2-0 when Varney scores a cheeky lob.37 mins and its 3-0 when Maynard scores a headed goal from a corner.65 mins and Counago grabs a goal following a good cross from Ferdi but thats all it is.Poor first half performance killed us in this one.

Championship
watford 0-2 Gateshead
18 mins in and the returning Fryatt nets a cracker from just outside the box.The match goes dead with no action to be seen.72 mins and Fryatt nets another after a long ball upfield from Le Coz its just a matter of tapping it home.Le Coz sees red however on 89 min which is abit of a sucker punch.Good result away from home but that red card is gutting.

Championship
Gateshead 4-2 Leicester
12 mins in and the returning Davies nets a fine header following a good cross from Prutton.17 mins and Fryatt continues his rich run of goals netting a simple tap in against his former club.45+2 and Davies nets another simple header following a Harley corner.48 mins and Jake Livermore scores a smashing effort from outside the box.53 mins and Lappin gets one back for the visitors and its getting edgey on 70 mins when Allen scores but we hold on for the win.Glad to have won and a dominating first half.

Championship
Burnley 1-2 Gateshead
Hammond opens the scoring for the hosts on 39 mins.Davies levels things up on 48 mins with a diving head from a Le Coz cross.Davies gets his second on 88 mins getting up for a Harley corner to steal the points.Goodwin sees red on 90+3 for hacking down Le Coz sadly a tackle that injured Le Coz.Great result against a strong side but Le Coz is out again.

Championship
Gateshead 0-1 Millwall
Keogh is injured on 49 mins after a dire first half.Harley is sent off on 50 mins so im down 2 defenders.We hold on so well until 90+1 when Higgins steals the points after a bounce around in the box.Gutted to have lost after holding on so long.

League Cup 4th Round
Gateshead 1-0 Southend
First half is dire with no action at all.The goal finally comes compliments of Hutchinson on 75 mins a player i forgot i had until he scored 2 hattricks for Jamacia.Delighted to be through in what was a dire match.

Championship
Sheffield Wed 1-7 Gateshead
7 mins in and Hutchinson scores a header following a Prutton cross.23 mins in and McDonald gets onto a Vaga corner a smashes it home.33 mins in and Reynolds does grab one back for the hosts.38 mins and Prutton hits a cracker from outside the box.42 mins and Hutchinson nets again following a Vaga corner.48 mins in and its time for Fryatt to get in on the act netting a delightful placed shot from outside the box.62 mins and McDonald nets his second with a simple tap in.Fryatt is injured on 75 mins replaced by Fallon who then nets the final goal on 78 mins following another Vaga corner.Great win and what a performance.

Championship
Gateshead 3-0 Preston
Hutchinson gets the scoring started on 21 mins with a powerful header.Iago puts it past his own keeper on 32 mins for 2-0.Counago nets from the spot on 71 mins from the spot following a hack job on Godsmark.Solid performance and a nice clean sheet.

Will update again soon

Yea Rollsie its going really well, Im still not counting my chickens just yet as i still think top 10 is a good goal to set myself but if i can keep up with those in the playoffs and be up there at the end of the season i will be delighted even if i dont get promoted.

Couldnt play tonight though as i was banned for 1 night by the gf, That Millwall defeat just raged me i guess i got abit too vocal because she bounced me out the bedroom and sentenced me to a night on the sofa.Got home from work tried to soften her up but she was having none of it.The ban will be lifted when i get home from work after i promised to visit her parents on the weekend, I would rather be fined 2 weeks wages than that but i drew the short straw on this one.Still anything is better than another night of soaps.

Just a quick question, you know people say they released players, does that mean put them on market and sold or released them by paying compensation?