General TV Discussion

I've been watching Ray Donovan. It's entertaining.

Well, got round to watching the opening Dr Who and imo Capaldi will be a great doctor. Slotted into the role effortlessly. The beginning of the episode felt a bit clunky, but the restaurant scene reassured me it was going to be a very short blip. Great episode. Though I got hit squarely in the feels towards the end-as I avoided ALL spoilers for this so far I did not see that coming.

My only complaint is the reworked intro/music. It's absolute pants imo. But it's only a minor gripe on what's going to be a great series. Bring on the next episode.

Sidenote-I also hope they're done with having couples involved as assistants aswell, as it can detract from some storylines imo. Need a break from that

Last edited:
Yup. Doctor's new intro is ****** awful. The music is missing the punch of previous versions and the visuals are dated as ****.

Capaldi ftw though.

Is boardwalk empire any good my fellow forumites I have never watched it and am debating whether to get them all.

Happy for the return of the NFL. Live game's start tonight on Channel 4 at 00:40 and it's Denver Broncos v Indianapolis Colts.

Sundays just got good

******* ****. Doctor Who 8x04 was absolutely brilliant. I was scared shitless half the episode.

Yeah really enjoyed Dr Who. The dialogue in this episode (Listen) was brilliant-and I suspect the last 10 minutes or so will have sparked numerous debates lol.

Capaldi really is a great Dr and has great chemistry with Jenna Coleman. She'll be a tough act to follow

New season of The Blacklist started yesterday and it immediately picks up where the first left off. James Spader is fantastic. Also checked out Forever. The first episode wasn't that bad despite the basis of the series being a cliché, and I'll probably keep watching. Also looking forward to the new series of Grimm, Supernatural and American Horror Story that are starting this month.

Last edited:
I just finished Silicon Valley. Its nothing spectacular but fairly decent comedy about soft engineers and very easy to watch. Started watching The Americans today, first episode is great so I think that will keep me occupied for some time.

Whats peoples thoughts on the new Gotham series coming out ?

I watched episode one which I thought was decent. Need to catch up on episode two and three. Got to say Walking Dead have started season 5 very well. Enjoyed every episode so far.

Pass. Veep is the only political show for me.

Having now watched s1 of veep. You're missing out on HoC!

Unless of course you've managed watch to it in the last year 18 months.

Having now watched s1 of veep. You're missing out on HoC!

Unless of course you've managed watch to it in the last year 18 months.

Yeah I'm actually watching it at the moment. Almost finished Season 1. It's good.

If you're a WoW player check this out-was released during Blizzcon yesterday. Just watched it and enjoyed it. Some fascinating insight into the game making process and everything associated with it

[video=youtube;xyPzTywUBsQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyPzTywUBsQ&index=6&list=WL[/video]

Rachel McAdams, Kelly Reilly and Abigail Spencer are all expected to appear in True Detective's second season.HBO has finally confirmed what industry speculation has been suggesting for weeks: that Taylor Kitsch and Rachel McAdams will join confirmed cast members Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell in the second season of True Detective. The American network announced casting and character descriptions yesterday. English actress Kelly Reilly, known for her performance in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, has also been cast as Jordan, the wife of Vince Vaughn's criminal, Frank Semyon. Jordan is a former D-list actress who is a full partner in Semyon's enterprises and ambitions.

McAdams has been cast as Ani Bezzerides, the hard-drinking, gambling detective "whose uncompromising ethics put her at odds with others and the system she serves", according to HBO.

Taylor Kitsch will play Paul Woodrugh, "a war veteran and motorcycle officer for the California Highway Patrol, running from a difficult past and the sudden glare of a scandal that never happened", suspected to be the 'Young Cop' to Farrell's older policeman, Ray Velcoro. HBO describes Velcoro as "compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him."

HBO has started production on the second season and intends to air in summer 2015

Rachel McAdams, Kelly Reilly and Abigail Spencer are all expected to appear in True Detective's second season.HBO has finally confirmed what industry speculation has been suggesting for weeks: that Taylor Kitsch and Rachel McAdams will join confirmed cast members Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell in the second season of True Detective. The American network announced casting and character descriptions yesterday. English actress Kelly Reilly, known for her performance in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, has also been cast as Jordan, the wife of Vince Vaughn's criminal, Frank Semyon. Jordan is a former D-list actress who is a full partner in Semyon's enterprises and ambitions.

McAdams has been cast as Ani Bezzerides, the hard-drinking, gambling detective "whose uncompromising ethics put her at odds with others and the system she serves", according to HBO.

Taylor Kitsch will play Paul Woodrugh, "a war veteran and motorcycle officer for the California Highway Patrol, running from a difficult past and the sudden glare of a scandal that never happened", suspected to be the 'Young Cop' to Farrell's older policeman, Ray Velcoro. HBO describes Velcoro as "compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him."

HBO has started production on the second season and intends to air in summer 2015

Sounds awsome, can't wait. I've not heard a thing about when it will air in Oz though :S