Gerard Houllier to leave Aston Villa

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 214
  • Views Views 10K
Wouldn't mind Martinez I guess, but at this rate we'll end up with Robbie Savage or someone.

what about Iain Dowie?

good english manager, deserves a chance

Calum. Calum, listen to me.

NO. NO. BAD CALUM.

Martinez over Rafa...interesting...

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

One thing Martinez will bring is a calm personality, and ******* top football.

Martinez would be a good appointment though. Could see Wigan sinking if he leaves.

Wouldn't mind Martinez I guess, but at this rate we'll end up with Robbie Savage or someone.

Calum. Calum, listen to me.

NO. NO. BAD CALUM.

you took the bait quite well i see lol ;)

Martinez over Rafa...interesting...

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

One thing Martinez will bring is a calm personality, and ******* top football.

That ended up sounding a bit like the Spanish Inquisition. "Our chief weapon is surprise, surprise and fear- our TWO weapons are fear and surprise, and ruthless efficienc- our THREE. WEAPONS. are fear, surprise, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope- our FOU-... AMONGST OUR WEAPONS..."

"Owner Randy Lerner was influenced by the negative reactions of some Villa supporters on various fans forums and cancelled Thursday's meeting with him."

Unlucks McClaren. Poor bloke.

but fan PWOAR wooo.

"Owner Randy Lerner was influenced by the negative reactions of some Villa supporters on various fans forums and cancelled Thursday's meeting with him."

Unlucks McClaren. Poor bloke.

but fan PWOAR wooo.

Booooooom!

This is why VillaTalk is such an amazing board. We get a liaison officer in Gen. Krulak, and Randy even reads the boards. Well done Randy, well done indeed. :wub::wub::wub:

Wigan have given permission for roberto matinez to speak to villa, breaking news on ssn now

Would like to see what Martinez can do with few class players. He did really well with Wigan considering the quality of players they had. Now with Villa he can prove his worth.

Maybe Rodallega to Aston Villa along with N'Zogbia?

Anyways think Martinez is a good choice..

Martinez won't go, he's done too much at Wigan with the youth ranks and has a connection with us from his early years. He's only 2 years in to his 5 year plan. Whelan wouldn't have given him permission if he wasn't confident that he'd stay at Wigan.

Whelan wouldn't have given him permission if he wasn't confident that he'd stay at Wigan.

Whelan thought the same about Bruce when he gave initial permission to talk to Sunderland.

Martinez won't go, he's done too much at Wigan with the youth ranks and has a connection with us from his early years. He's only 2 years in to his 5 year plan. Whelan wouldn't have given him permission if he wasn't confident that he'd stay at Wigan.

What? Why would he allow him to talk to them if he doesn't want him to go and doesn't think he's interested in the job? If he's that confident, he would tell Aston Villa they couldn't talk to him and trust that Martinez wouldn't kick up a fuss.

I think Martinez will take it, personally. Good signing for Aston Villa if it goes through.

By Dave Whelan
"I had a long chat with Roberto last night, and I think he will stay with Wigan, but I have left it to Roberto to make the final decision,'' Whelan told ESPNsoccernet.

"Contracts exist, the rules are in place, and I could have refused permission for my manager to talk to Villa, but that is not the way I go about things.

"I would never stop anyone talking to any club if that is what they want to do, that would be wrong in my book.

"I do believe that Roberto will go, one day, but it will be to a very big club in Europe, he is top drawer. But having had my meeting with him, I would be surprised if he was to leave, but it is up to him."
Personally I think Whelan is one of the best chairman in the game. Hopefully Martinez will stay with Wigan.

I honestly just want a manager who isn't Steve Mclaren. I'm fed up with every link flopping.
Also Benitez was apparently rejected by Lerner because he wanted at least £30m to spend this window.

I honestly just want a manager who isn't Steve Mclaren. I'm fed up with every link flopping.
Also Benitez was apparently rejected by Lerner because he wanted at least £30m to spend this window.

Won't Villa generate that through player sales anyway? Obviously it wouldn't all go to the manager to re-invest - rightly so IMO - but some of it would, on top of an existing transfer budget which Lerner has to give to whoever takes over since it looks likely that one or both of Downing and Young will be leaving. As well as Cuellar..

It's a young squad that desperately needs some investment this summer. Knowing Benitez, he probably would have used that money well as well.

Back