• Thread starter Thread starter Deslandes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 785
  • Views Views 54K

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree Alcaraz, Ozil was very good, Mueller played very well, Klose scored and didn't do much else but miss a good chance, Podolski was decent, good finish, the Backline were not all good, Lahm was terrific doing exactly what Ashley Cole was meant to do, i.e getting forward and back, Boateng was poor but got away with it, because we couldn't finish, and Milner, bless him didn't cross as much as needed.

Britain's right to arbitration is eaten by me. The ball was over half a meter. Goal and the match referee did not give it a moment's break position. Was a shame to the British.

the worst this about this is that my mum is shamelessly taunting me about the fact ghana have got further in this tournament than england....

I feel Hodgson will bring an England team together, we'll still have class players who play well in the League, but i feel he'll tell them they're a team, and no one is exempt.

As great as they've been in club football is that really a bad thing? 2 of those guys never worked well together, Upson had a horrible tournament and Heskey is pretty meh.. Terry's off field controversies prior to and during the tournament didn't help.

As a side note although Rooney will be pilloried by the press it's a bit much to ask a kid to shoulder the hopes and dreams of a nation.
cos the media and fans always need someone to blame...

Well that was just awful in every position. The whole world cup has just been hopeless from start to finish. No heart, no team cohesion, no tempo, no guts.

I keep hearing the media asking why cant the players perform for England like they can for their clubs and i think there are a number of reasons for this.

1. Our quality players who play well for their clubs are surrounded by quality and gifted foreign players who contribute a great deal in making them look great.

2. Our media (TV and Papers) are a ******* joke, constantly over hyping the players, never giving them a seconds peace. Constantly building up then knocking them down.

3. The England fans. Its pretty well known in football circles that quite a few of the England player dont particularly like the England fans, usually its covered up although we seen a glimpse of it when Rooney blasted them for booing last week.

4. The players simply aren't as good as we and more importantly they think they are.

5. Cappello, this guy is so stuck in the past its untrue. Today we seen his ancient 442 get destroyed by the Germans modern 4231. The guy showed himself to lack any fresh idea's. His answer was to bring Emile Heskey on, Emile ******* Heskey? give me a ******* break, he shouldn't be within 50 miles of an England shirt. The one thing that stood out on Cappello's CV was that he was great defensivly, we were ******* hopeless defensivly.

Today we were hammered by a much better and hungrier team, a much better system. The warning signs where there in the groups stages, the warning signs were actually there int the friendlies against Mexico and Japan.

Its time to learn from this and take a leaf out of Germanys book and its out with the old and in with the new with alot of this squad. Time to bring through the next genaration.

Last edited:
25pseg2.jpg

bullshit why do we all think we can win a WC if we are ****

Because your expectations are ludicrously high for an international team which is top 16 at best.

Also: Echo and the Bunnymen for the England epitaph from the Beeb. Superb.

Argentina- Mexico to look forward to thats if you still have an eye for football I think it's good England are out now we can watch the Tornament without stressing over England's performances

Well that was just awful in every position. The whole world cup has just been hopeless from start to finish. No heart, no team cohesion, no tempo, no guts.

I keep hearing the media asking why cant the players perform for England like they can for their clubs and i think there are a number of reasons for this.

1. Our quality players who play well for their clubs are surrounded by quality and gifted foreign players who contribute a great deal in making them look great.

2. Our media (TV and Papers) are a ******* joke, constantly over hyping the players, never giving them a seconds peace. Constantly building up then knocking them down.

3. The England fans. Its pretty well known in football circles that quite a few of the England player dont particularly like the England fans, usually its covered up although we seen a glimpse of it when Rooney blasted them for booing last week.

4. The players simply aren't as good as we and more importantly they think they are.

5. Cappello, this guy is so stuck in the past its untrue. Today we seen his ancient 442 get destroyed by the Germans modern 4231. The guy showed himself to lack any fresh idea's. His answer was to bring Emile Heskey on, Emile ******* Heskey? give me a ******* break, he shouldn't be within 50 miles of an England shirt. The one thing that sttod out on Cappello's CV was that he was great defensivly, we were ******* hopeless defensivly.

Today we were hammered by a much better and hungrier team, a much better system. The warning signs where there in the groups stages, the warning signs were actually there int the friendlies against Mexico and Japan.

Its time to learn from this and take a leaf out of Germanys book and its out with the old and in with the new with alot of this squad. Time to bring through the next genaration.

Very true JP....Capello is a good manager but he truly has no idea on how to build a team and more importantly his tactics and player selction are soooo bad at times i feel i can manage England better than him although i know i cant:)

Guys,

Germany was simply better. There isnt much else to be said. That "Phantom" goal affected greatly the morale, and the third goal was devastating.

As for the future, its clear that its time for another change, another manager, and change of some players. I still think that England has a lot of potential in their players. Nevertheless, they struggled in the group phase, only playing kinda well in their third game. It was also clear that if they level would drop again like in their first two games, England had no chance of winning this World Cup. The only team in History of the World Cup to achieve that. I mean, playing like **** and actually winning a WC is Italy.

Again, manager replacement is a must.If I had to choose, Mouringho or my favourite Bielsa.

Now its Argentina time, Go Argie´s !!!

5. Cappello, this guy is so stuck in the past its untrue. Today we seen his ancient 442 get destroyed by the Germans modern 4231. The guy showed himself to lack any fresh idea's. His answer was to bring Emile Heskey on, Emile ******* Heskey? give me a ******* break, he shouldn't be within 50 miles of an England shirt. The one thing that stood out on Cappello's CV was that he was great defensivly, we were ******* hopeless defensivly.

Summed up absolutely perfectly.

of course we wont acttally learn from this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back