• Thread starter Thread starter Deslandes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 785
  • Views Views 54K

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because your expectations are ludicrously high for an international team which is top 16 at best.

Also: Echo and the Bunnymen for the England epitaph from the Beeb. Superb.

true mate....but everyone has their expectations of their home country....why a North Korea fan was telling me before the WC that he belives his country may make it into the round f 16oO)

great performance from Germany

Shocking from England .... James was they only player who was half decent

Hodgson would be the ideal manager for England . I think he would bring the squad together and play them in their preferred position.

cos the media and fans always need someone to blame...

People forget he is a kid, it's a massive burden. Nearly every youngster in a similar position has someone taking the heat for him. (Kaka and Messi spring to mind). And really could you blame rooney for the 4 that were put past today? could you blame him for the goalkeeping error? It's a complete systematic team team failure. I'm no England or Man U supporter but he is going to be lined up for the lions share of the blame when honestly the issues lie elsewhere

As a side note IMO Defoe was pretty good when he got the chance

England captain Steven Gerrard:
"It's bitterly disappointing to go out of the World Cp and especially so to Germany. At stages in the game we were on top of them - at 2-1 down, I thought we'd go and win it 3-2, but at 3-1 it's game over. World Cup-wise, it's probably over for a few of us."

and player selction are soooo bad at times i feel i can manage England better than him although i know i cant:)

It's not Capello's fault he can only pick English players.

We have to stand by Capello guys, hes won a stupid amount of trophies and hes better than anyone we could get at the moment, People have been saying Hodgson, how about NO, hes just as boring as any manager we could get, he would just play a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 and hoof it up to someone, the only manager i would take is Harry Redknapp. Also another issue i have is the media. So many youth players could have and SHOULD have been at the world cup, Adam Johnson, Ashley Young, Ryan Shawcross, Gabby Agbonlahor all deserved places. We need to start using youth and take a leaf out of Germanys Book, the team was very young from them but they played a very good game. Muller and Ozil, 2 of their youngest players shone tonight. Im not happy at all. I also felt that Lampard was shocking. He got unlucky with his goal and he hit the bar. But he gives the ball away A LOT and his passing is very poor at the times. The only players in my opinion who stood out were Glen Johnson and Ashley Cole, all tournament they were fantastic. They offered width and they worked very hard. Worst players were Rooney, Lennon, Heskey and Lampard. How Heskey is within 100 miles of a football pitch is beyond me. Hes a fat useless piece of **** who offers nothing

true mate....but everyone has their expectations of their home country....why a North Korea fan was telling me before the WC that he belives his country may make it into the round f 16oO)
belief is very different from expectation.

Hodgson for England manager. what a load or rubbish.
Nice to see capello went for a pantomine finish, bringing on heskey when we needed goals scored.

JP was absoloutely right, I've said to my mates that the media put too much pressure on them.

I've said it before, England are an average team. Your great against the small teams but you get found out when you face the likes of Germany, Brazil, Spain etc
and before you all say it, yes Scotland are worse but we don't claim to be something that were not

Can't believe we had more shots, more corners and more possession than the German's. They really are a clinical side.

Great results well done germany ;). If Argentina win the next round will be great :D

I agree with the points JP Woody made on the previous page.

We weren't good enough anywhere on the pitch, especially defensively. We were resoundly beaten by a technically-gifted team playing an effective formation against our ancient 4-4-2 set-up. We should have gone in at half-time drawing 2-2, but we deserved to be losing at full-time regardless of refereeing decisions.

We need to start from the root again, and focus on our youth and try and nurture a young, technical side out of the shambolic national selection we currently have. I wouldn't expect us to be anywhere near quarter-finals and beyond for a couple of decades, in all honesty.

Well done to the Germans, they deserved the win today.

I've said it before, England are an average team. Your great against the small teams but you get found out when you face the likes of Germany, Brazil, Spain etc
and before you all say it, yes Scotland are worse but we don't claim to be something that were not

Very True

A shame that 2nd goal from Lampard, it would have been 2-2, but all in all, Germany were smarter and deserve their win. Hope they lose with Mexico or Argentina next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back