• Thread starter Thread starter Deslandes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 785
  • Views Views 54K

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
5. Cappello, this guy is so stuck in the past its untrue. Today we seen his ancient 442 get destroyed by the Germans modern 4231. The guy showed himself to lack any fresh idea's. His answer was to bring Emile Heskey on, Emile ******* Heskey? give me a ******* break, he shouldn't be within 50 miles of an England shirt. The one thing that stood out on Cappello's CV was that he was great defensivly, we were ******* hopeless defensivly.

Psycho gets my vote, obviously he doesnt have the experience of Capello, but i have no doubt he would have changed the system from a 442, or at least bought SWP (or equivalent generic **** cant cross speedster) on with more than 4 minutes to go.

But more importantly, Psycho is a straight talker, no nonsense, you get a tongue lashing if you play ****, and you get massive praise when you do well. None of this **** that we heard from Capello after the game via his translator:

''We played well, after the third goal we were a bit dissapointed.''
When asked we our big players cant perform: ''No we play well, we made some mistakes''

Utter bullshit. Go now please Fabio ''442 no plan B'' Capello.

5. Cappello, this guy is so stuck in the past its untrue. Today we seen his ancient 442 get destroyed by the Germans modern 4231. The guy showed himself to lack any fresh idea's. His answer was to bring Emile Heskey on, Emile ******* Heskey? give me a ******* break, he shouldn't be within 50 miles of an England shirt. The one thing that stood out on Cappello's CV was that he was great defensivly, we were ******* hopeless defensivly.

Only bit which I don't quite agree with mate. I think Capello went 4-4-2 purely because of the players available and it worked for qualifying. Of course, no plan B is a bit of a problem when you get to the World Cup and the opposition has had several months and a number of games to analyse your team's strengths and weaknesses.

My money is on there being a bit of a clique amongst certain senior players which has caused some problems within the squad and which has further limited his options.

Sacchi is still adamant that 4-4-2 is valid at the top level, but... and it's a big but, it also requires players who are disciplined and will press very high up the pitch (as it pretty much always has done). That's a problem if you've got no pace at centreback, midfielders with no positional discipline and your central defenders can't bring the ball out of defence or make a decent pass into midfield. And it's even more of a problem if you've got a back four which has been cobbled together - as Sacchi discovered when his Italy team got knocked out of the WC because they just didn't have the time to get on the same wave length.

Some of those problems hold true even more so for 4-2-3-1 which requires at least one exceptionally mobile holding midfielder - no Hargreaves being available and a half-fit Barry aren't going to cut it. Throw in players who don't turn up/are so anxious they perform like they've never played football before, and it's a mess.

The inquest for this should be fun though.

Last edited:
I agree with the points JP Woody made on the previous page.

We weren't good enough anywhere on the pitch, especially defensively. We were resoundly beaten by a technically-gifted team playing an effective formation against our ancient 4-4-2 set-up. We should have gone in at half-time drawing 2-2, but we deserved to be losing at full-time regardless of refereeing decisions.

We need to start from the root again, and focus on our youth and try and nurture a young, technical side out of the shambolic national selection we currently have. I wouldn't expect us to be anywhere near quarter-finals and beyond for a couple of decades, in all honesty.

Well done to the Germans, they deserved the win today.
but the question, will we learn from this? i truly hope so, we have some good young hungry talent, whoo pearce did very well with at u-21 level (till they game across the germans in the final...)

a lot of use said it before the tournament, 4-4-2 at this level is dead

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Psycho gets my vote, obviously he doesnt have the experience of Capello, but i have no doubt he would have changed the system from a 442, or at least bought SWP (or equivalent generic **** cant cross speedster) on with more than 4 minutes to go.

But more importantly, Psycho is a straight talker, no nonsense, you get a tongue lashing if you play ****, and you get massive praise when you do well. None of this **** that we heard from Capello after the game via his translator:

''We played well, after the third goal we were a bit dissapointed.''
When asked we our big players cant perform: ''No we play well, we made some mistakes''

Utter bullshit. Go now please Fabio ''442 no plan B'' Capello.
another man who wants psycho!! love it

4-4-2 has no place whatsoever against a 4-2-3-1 formation, especially when the latter is catered towards a side with as much technical ability as these young German players.

I truly hate 4-4-2. Thank you for changing your name, Kylo.

Only bit which I don't quite agree with mate. I think Capello went 4-4-2 purely because of the players available and it worked for qualifying. Of course, no plan B is a bit of a problem when you get to the World Cup and the opposition has had several months and a number of games to analyse your team's strengths and weaknesses.

My money is on there being a bit of a clique amongst certain senior players which has caused some problems within the squad and which has further limited his options.

Sacchi is still adamant that 4-4-2 is valid at the top level, but... and it's a big but, it also requires players who are disciplined and will press very high up the pitch (as it pretty much always has done). That's a problem if you've got no pace at centreback, midfielders with no positional discipline and your central defenders can't bring the ball out of defence or make a decent pass into midfield. And it's even more of a problem if you've got a back four which has been cobbled together - as Sacchi discovered when his Italy team got knocked out of the WC because they just didn't have the time to get on the same wave length.

Some of those problems hold true even more so for 4-2-3-1 which requires at least one exceptionally mobile holding midfielder - no Hargreaves being available and a half-fit Barry aren't going to cut it. Throw in players who don't turn up/are so anxious they perform like they've never played football before, and it's a mess.

The inquest for this should be fun though.
Well we could argue all night about systems, what ****** me off though was when it was blatently not working he point blank refused to try something different.

Well we could argue all night about systems, what ****** me off though was when it was blatently not working he point blank refused to try something different.
the lack of flexibly was astounding. the danger was there way back from the egypt warm up,

Anyone watching Sky Sports news? I totally agree with what Terry Butcher just said.

sky sports have so quickly changed their tune. they actually make me sick

I didn't think Capello would be this stupid. 4-4-2 vs 4-2-3-1!! There can only be one winner considering the Germans have better technique and passing ability, England were always going to be stretched. Oezil had acres of space, it could have been 4-0 to Germany at half-time.

I feel sorry for England actually, they deserved better. The scoreline will flatter Germany. Could have been different if it wasn't for the disallowed goal.

Barry, Milner, and Terry were ****!

what did he say?
He says that Germany have no star names, which means they all have to perform to get in the team, where as England's star names such as Gerrard, Rooney, Terry etc all virtually have a guaranteed place. He thinks it gives a negative attitude within the team, because they know that whatever happens, they'll still have a place.

Wanted Germany to win but thought England were terrible, what was John Terry doing for the 3rd goal (i think). I'm also not sure James could have saved muller's shot because he was diving right and the ball was hit left with alot of power and he just couldn't react in time. Heskey on when your losing?

capello has just said eh wont resign. and the fa remove the clause that allowed him to be fired

I didn't think Capello would be this stupid. 4-4-2 vs 4-2-3-1!! There can only be one winner considering the Germans have better technique and passing ability, England were always going to be stretched. Oezil had acres of space, it could have been 4-0 to Germany at half-time.

I feel sorry for England actually, they deserved better. The scoreline will flatter Germany. Could have been different if it wasn't for the disallowed goal.

Barry, Milner, and Terry were ****!
The worrying thing is though is that the scoreline didn't flatter Germany, it flattered England.

Take the loss of money. He'll get another job anyway and let some other team have a manager who is too stubborn to change tactics which are outdated and clearly no longer work at the highest level. ****.

There were a few adjustments today to how England were playing as the match progressed. But I just think his options were limited. England didn't go 2-0 down today because of the system but because of grotesquely bad defensive decisions by both centrebacks. The two goals from counter-attacks were also down to exceptionally bad individual decisions. Not sure that can be blamed necessarily on the manager, but will be interesting to get the full story from someone inside the camp.

i dont think "the system" is to blame, remember in the qualifiers england won like 8 out 10 games and i think england played well today scoring two past a very good team however i dont think cappello should have put terry in RCB, this may have played part in the shocking defending, also england pushed way to many men upfield and this cost them 3 goals let alone the 1st i also think dawson should have played instead of upson despite his goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back