• Thread starter Thread starter Deslandes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 785
  • Views Views 54K

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtJENRaTex4"]YouTube- Apres Match - USA v Ghana[/ame]

This is one of the main reason I'm glad England are out, SSN is now watchable again

Sven got england further, now that is saying something... I say Appoint Southgate :O :P:P,

but seriously we played ****, but if lampards goal was given, the mentality would be so differant and we could of been looking forward to a game vs mexico or argentina :/

There were a few adjustments today to how England were playing as the match progressed. But I just think his options were limited. England didn't go 2-0 down today because of the system but because of grotesquely bad defensive decisions by both centrebacks. The two goals from counter-attacks were also down to exceptionally bad individual decisions. Not sure that can be blamed necessarily on the manager, but will be interesting to get the full story from someone inside the camp.
maybe, but when you have 2 in the midfield against a technically gifted 3 man mid, its asking for trouble. with two holding mids the centrebacks could take a depper line, protect them against pace a little more

Well that was ****, A Pale shadow of what they used to be. I remember when they used to inspire excitement and desire. There just a waste of money now, we spend so much and they give so little. Im sorry to say they no longer surprise me though. I expect it now a days...

Kinder Eggs are just not what they used to be.

Well that was ****, A Pale shadow of what they used to be. I remember when they used to inspire excitement and desire. There just a waste of money now, we spend so much and they give so little. Im sorry to say they no longer surprise me though. I expect it now a days...

Kinder Eggs are just not what they used to be.
kinder eggs, kitkats and england, all have let me down

maybe, but when you have 2 in the midfield against a technically gifted 3 man mid, its asking for trouble. with two holding mids the centrebacks could take a depper line, protect them against pace a little more

Oh for sure. But Germany weren't dominating possession despite the extra man until the last ten minutes or so and the English fullbacks were pushing the German wingers back into their own half even at 2-0 down. England were something like 52% to 48% in possession when 2-0 down. Germany played on the counter though and England surged forward which exposed those two slow and positionally ill-adapted centrebacks. You could throw a blanket over the six England 'forward' players just outside the opposition penalty area at times in all of those matches (bar Slovenia) which indicates that the issue is a lack of positional awareness amongst players.

The main reason I can't stand England Football team - like most Scots - is the media. If there wasn't so much over-hyped "we have a god given right to win everything" bull that comes out of a lot of English media, I would probably support England when Scotland aren't playing...

I also have remind some folk about the goal in '66 that shouldn't have been counted and then you won the World Cup... What comes around goes around I'm afraid...

If that is the YOUNG German, I can't wait to see them in four years time... It will be a beast of a squad!

The main reason I can't stand England Football team - like most Scots - is the media. If there wasn't so much over-hyped "we have a god given right to win everything" bull that comes out of a lot of English media, I would probably support England when Scotland aren't playing...

I also have remind some folk about the goal in '66 that shouldn't have been counted and then you won the World Cup... What comes around goes around I'm afraid...

If that is the YOUNG German, I can't wait to see them in four years time... It will be a beast of a squad!
Most of England hate the media and their constant over hyping so your in good company.

Personally i find it embarrassing to the point of cringing and turning over.

Last edited:
Oh for sure. But Germany weren't dominating possession despite the extra man until the last ten minutes or so and the English fullbacks were pushing the German wingers back into their own half even at 2-0 down. England were something like 52% to 48% in possession when 2-0 down. Germany played on the counter though and England surged forward which exposed those two slow and positionally ill-adapted centrebacks. You could throw a blanket over the six England 'forward' players just outside the opposition penalty area at times in all of those matches (bar Slovenia) which indicates that the issue is a lack of positional awareness amongst players.
but why not either pick the players for the system, or pick a system that suits the players, he seemed to go halfway....

No matter what system an England manager picks the players will never have the tactical awareness to stick to it.

but why not either pick the players for the system, or pick a system that suits the players, he seemed to go halfway....

That's what I'm wondering too. It leaves two options - either the strength in depth isn't there or that there is behind the scenes stuff going on which are influencing team selections. Or perhaps a combination of both.

Why does every England manager try to fit both Lampard and Gerrard into a team so unsuccessfully? It's an odd conundrum. I thought Capello would have the cojones to make his decision after the Egypt game when he did make the changes in both system and personnel at half time.

Odd stuff.

----

Lee - very much agree with that. How often did you see Milner or Lennon or SWP or Cole or even Gerrard cover for the fullback and hold their run forward? Maybe a bit against a Slovenia? How often did Lampard cover for Barry moving forward? Where was the width when the fullbacks didn't overlap? That German leftback was vulnerable every time he was taken on down the line, how often did England exploit it? I honestly think that there's something missing there because some of those players most definitely do have tactical awareness outside of the World Cup.

Last edited:
That's what I'm wondering too. It leaves two options - either the strength in depth isn't there or that there is behind the scenes stuff going on which are influencing team selections. Or perhaps a combination of both.

Why does every England manager try to fit both Lampard and Gerrard into a team so unsuccessfully? It's an odd conundrum. I thought Capello would have the cojones to make his decision after the Egypt game when he did make the changes in both system and personnel at half time.

Odd stuff.
im baffled as to the whole gerrard lampard thing.i think we have some good youngster coming through who pearce has done a good job, maybe not star players, but they play as team (something we have not done in while), so there is some strength in depth there. whatever clique there is behind the scenes needs to be broken up for the team to progress.

the one thing about capello is that for all the strong, it was almost more of the same. 4-4-2, gerrard and lampard

disappointing

too many excuses this is the reason

barry awful, terry awful, upson awful, heskey awful, rooney coul have been better James Good

I can see Redknapp taking the England job which I'd hate.

I hate Redknapp, he's a fantastic manager but he's dead sly and coy and I can't stand that in football.

I can see Redknapp taking the England job which I'd hate.

I hate Redknapp, he's a fantastic manager but he's dead sly and coy and I can't stand that in football.
Harry isnt really FA material, too dodgy, they would worry he'd turn out to be another Venables.

They like yes men who are squeeky clean. Step forward Woy Hodgson.

Harry isnt really FA material, too dodgy, they would worry he'd turn out to be another Venables.

They like yes men who are squeeky clean. Step forward Woy Hodgson.
stuart pearce

f9l4qu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back