• Thread starter Thread starter Deslandes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 785
  • Views Views 54K

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway we should thank the germans! on that performance the Argies would of dry bummed us in the next round worse than what we recieved today!!!!!!!!!!!!

But England would have had confidence knowing they just beat Germany and it would raise morale and you never know they could beat Argentina. Anyways how do you know Argentina will get to the next round? Mexico are quite good

watching the agrentina mexico game, and we can only dream of that...

But England would have had confidence knowing they just beat Germany and it would raise morale and you never know they could beat Argentina. Anyways how do you know Argentina will get to the next round? Mexico are quite good

Morale???? where was the morale from beating slovenia????

This more so depressing. I actually got me and my mate to watch the game at a pub, then we lose 4-1.

I think Germany could have beat almost any team today, they played great. We only had a few errors, most actually weren't costly. I felt that had Lampard's goal been given, we would have won this.

Still, 40 years of hurt will carry on.

This more so depressing. I actually got me and my mate to watch the game at a pub, then we lose 4-1.

I think Germany could have beat almost any team today, they played great. We only had a few errors, most actually weren't costly. I felt that had Lampard's goal been given, we would have won this.

Still, 40 years of hurt will carry on.
what? we were lucky not to be gone in the first half. and our erroes were costly they cos us the first two goals!! as good as germany were, we were abysmal

Watched this game with family and got too say it was terrible.

Should have been 4,5-0 at half time but Upsons goal gaves us some momentum and then I wont go on about Lampards goal, The defending was a shambles.

watching the agrentina mexico game, and we can only dream of that...

See if you can get hold of some footage of the England U-17 team mate. You'll be pleasantly surprised ;) Problem is of course when they then go on to spend the rest of their career under such tactical luminaries as... nah, shooting fish in the barrel isn't it?

Last edited:
I know some of knew are not blaming Capello but you can't take Upson to a world cup.

Morale???? where was the morale from beating slovenia????

Big difference between lovenia and Germany, Germany are a better team than England and the rankings show that and I dont know about you but i would be more proud of beating Germany than Slovenia. Slovenia are 25th in the World where as England are 8th and Germany are 6th and england are 8th. I would rather beat a team thats two places above than 17 places below. And it would be a bigger morale boost

Just want to add was it not Beckenbeaur who complained about Englandss 'hit and run' football? Long ball in other terms, Not sure if he was watching but Klose' goal nough' said.

See if you can get hold of some footage of the England U-17 team mate. You'll be pleasantly surprised ;) Problem is of course when they then go on to spend the rest of their career under such tactical luminaries as... nah, shooting fish in the barrel isn't it?
cheers didnt realise they had done so well, will have a look. watched the under 21's and they were a good, slick team before they fell to germany. came across something by someone called richiebear on david bonds blog, very interesting:

This isn’t Capellos fault and anyone who says it is knows nothing about football. Its not even the players fault. The reason its not the players fault is simple, its not their fault they aren’t good enough. It’s not their fault they don’t have the footballing brains to compete at the highest level. It’s the F.A and governments fault pure and simple.

Until there is a concerted effort by the 2 bodies to make fundamental changes at grass roots you can have any manager you want in charge, England will never win a major tournament. Spain have 750 fully qualified Grade A UEFA trained coaches compared to under 150 in England. But that’s not even the clincher. The most striking point is this, 150 Grade coaches in England all coach at professional or semi professional level to fully grown men. 640 of the Grade A coaches in Spain teach in SCHOOLS. They coach 5 year olds and up how to play the game. One touch football, pass and move, to actually think about the game when playing. Have a football brain and use it.

15 years ago the Spanish F.A and government changed the whole youth set up from 5 years of age up. 15 years later and they have a group of maybe 7 or 8 world class players in their national team! Sheer luck? Coincidence? I don’t think so. So no its not Capellos fault, its not the players fault. Its the F.A and Governments for not wanting to take the long term route to solve the problem and taking a quick fix method, and maybe even the media for spouting and trying to feed the public the myth that England have world class players and the premier league is the best in the world.

England qualified from a god awful group and as soon as the competition got a little bit higher and little bit stiffer, they were shown up for what they really are. Over hyped. Over paid, spoilt little idiots.
I may sound like an English basher but im far from it. I want England to win a major tournament,I also want the other 3 home nations and Republic of Ireland to be at these tournaments but for any of it to happen there has to be changes.

All F.As and all governments need to come together now to address the issues or let this go on for another 44 years. No Manager can change what tools he has to use so it doesn’t whether its Harry Redknapp or Harry Houdini who gets the job next. Stick with Capello but let him have a bigger say in what happens at grass roots.The maybe 15 years from now England the rest of the home nations have teams worth shouting about.

I'm sorry. How are Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Ashley Cole not world class footballers?:S

The premier league is a big league maybe not the best but in the top 3.

We are poor at a tournament and now all our players are actually ****. Despite some of them being key players in some of the best teams who have won trophies in england and europe.

It's not as if Gerrard, Rooney ETC are only tested in the premier league. They perform in the champions league as well.

I really don't buy this **** that the reason we perform poorly is that all our players are actually secretly **** despite appearing to be top class in the premier league and champions league. We have a lack of depth of quality but with some of the players we have we should be doing better.

I'm sorry. How are Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Ashley Cole not world class footballers?:S

The premier league is a big league maybe not the best but in the top 3.

We are poor at a tournament and now all our players are actually ****. Despite some of them being key players in some of the best teams who have won trophies in england and europe.

It's not as if Gerrard, Rooney ETC are only tested in the premier league. They perform in the champions league as well.

I really don't buy this **** that the reason we perform poorly is that all our players are actually secretly **** despite appearing to be top class in the premier league and champions league. We have a lack of depth of quality but with some of the players we have we should be doing better.
im more interested in the bit i highlighted

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Just want to add was it not Beckenbeaur who complained about Englandss 'hit and run' football? Long ball in other terms, Not sure if he was watching but Klose' goal nough' said.
but that was down to our massive error than them playing longball, which they certainly didnt do

Fabio's laughing all the way to the bank, or he'll continue to make everyone who isnt English laugh, honestly don't reckon i've seen a worse performance & i've watched Scotland get thrashed.

I feel sorry for Joe Hart, Michael Carrick and Michael Dwawson and Stephen Warnock not getting a chance to play

I feel sorry for Joe Hart, Michael Carrick and Michael Dwawson and Stephen Warnock not getting a chance to play
they have time on their hands, carrick was lucky to even be there to be honest

they have time on their hands, carrick was lucky to even be there to be honest

true but wouldnt it have been good to play him and barry sitting infront of the defenders with joe cole/lennon/milner/lamps in midfield with gerrard supporting rooney?

Fabio's laughing all the way to the bank, or he'll continue to make everyone who isnt English laugh, honestly don't reckon i've seen a worse performance & i've watched Scotland get thrashed.
It was bad, still not quite as bad as this though:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdeXv9T-vgQ&feature=related"]YouTube- CostRica & Scotland world cup 1990[/ame]

true but wouldnt it have been good to play him and barry sitting infront of the defenders with joe cole/lennon/milner/lamps in midfield with gerrard supporting rooney?
but at what point did capello look like playing anything other than 4-4-2 though, with gerrard and lampard?

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

unless capello is willing to make changes, both to how he plays and players in the side, i dont see the point of him even staying on

but at what point did capello look like playing anything other than 4-4-2 though, with gerrard and lampard?

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

unless capello is willing to make changes, both to how he plays and players in the side, i dont see the point of him even staying on

yeah true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back