View attachment 310176

India Secure First Up Win!

View attachment 310173

Wim Koevermans' Blue Tigers got off to the perfect start in the Asian Cup after coming from a goal behind to secure their first win against a tough Malaysian side.

The match started well for India as Taljinder Singh handed them the lead after just 8 minutes with as deft finish from close range. The lead was short lived however as the Malaysians hit back just two minutes later to level the match.

The match then settled down into an arm wrestle before Malaysia took the lead through midfielder Brendan Gan on 50 minutes. With time running out the Indian side continued to push for the equaliser which, after 80 minutes, came through Tajinder Singh again before going on with it to secure the win with a Robin Singh goal on 87 minutes.

The win puts India on top of their group on goals scored after Australia battled past Iraq 1-0 in the other match of group F.

View attachment 310172

View attachment 310155

2018/19 Federation Cup

Semi-Final
Thursday 6/1/2019

East Bengal vs Pune FC
Fatorda Stadium, Attendance: 8,020

Line ups

View attachment 310154

With games every 2nd days & 8 first team players away at the Asian Cup fielding a consistently strong 11 has proved difficult. Today however I think we are about as strong as we can be. Pune have also managed to piece together a solid side though I imagine fatigue may be an issue for some of their stars. They don't have our depth in that regard.

Match Report

View attachment 310153

Another game in which we were amazingly clinical to start with. Ngasa, Hossain & Salvador all scored in the first 20 minutes or so & before we knew it we were coasting.

Unlike our first game for the competition though things settled down after that. For the most part Pune never really managed to bother us & I was happy that the boys added another goal as well as managing to keep a clean sheet. The perfect combination of focus & precision. Well done us!

View attachment 310152

Speaking of our first game of the comp, our opponents from that match return to face off in the final. A Kolkata Derby for the final! Mouth-watering!

View attachment 310062

Malaysia Cause Asian Cup

Boilover!

Malaysia have caused one of the biggest upsets in Asian Cup history by beating Australia 1-0 to throw group F wide open. In the other group F encounter Iraq toppled India 2-1 which leaves all 4 sides level on 3 points with 1 game left to play.

The final group fixtures will see Iraq take on Malaysia, while India will face the wounded Aussies. Both games will be played on the 15th January with the results set to determine who will qualify for the knockout phase.

View attachment 310061

View attachment 310060

View attachment 309900

2018/19 Federation Cup Finial
Saturday 12/1/2019

View attachment 309889
Mohun Bagan vs East Bengal
Fatorda Stadium, Attendance: 27,300

View attachment 309888

Match Report

View attachment 309887

No line-ups, AGAIN! so we'll just get into it.

We started the match on fire once again. Mrisho Ngasa's goal after 5 minutes,

View attachment 309886

was followed by a Manesh Sarkar strike in the 17th minute

View attachment 309885

& before you know it we were in cruise control again. That is until Mohun Bagan were awarded the softest penalty in the history of the game allowing Rokanuzzaman Islam to step up & make it 2-1 in the 39th minute.

View attachment 309884

In added time I was relieved when former East Bengal back up keeper Mamun Babu managed to put the ball into his own net from a corner to restore our 2 goal lead.

View attachment 309878

After the half we had control of the game & looked as though we would see it out with ease, until

View attachment 309876

on 72 minutes young striker Alfaz Hossain pulled a goal back for them to make it 3-2. From then on we fell to pieces! We were nervous, unable to keep the ball & constantly getting pulled out of shape, giving up chances at will.

Even I was beginning to panic as I saw our 3rd cup final in a row starting to slip away. I changed this, changed that, yelled at my team, wasted time & Changed formations but nothing worked, we looked dreadful!!!!

View attachment 309873

Somehow though we hung on. More through good luck than good management, I must admit.

Extremely relieved to finally get on the board domestically & book another spot in Asia. It may only be another Confederation Cup spot but it takes a bit of pressure off heading into the league campaign to know that whatever happens we will have some form of continental football!

I have decided that, after India's Asian Cup campaign is over, I will be taking a break from this story.

I started this save during Beta & as such India has represented my entire FM15 experience so far. Its not that I am sick of the save or anything but just find myself reading about other peoples experiences & wondering what I am missing out on.

I am unsure at the moment whether I will do another story in the mean time but I definitely hope to return to this at some stage, whether it be in a week or a month I'm not too sure.

A MASSIVE thank you to everyone who has followed, commented & supported this story. I really appreciate it!

You're doing ****** well, mate, but I'm sure I'm not alone in getting why you're wanting a break from this. Can't wait to see you come back to it though!

I just read your whole story took me a good few hours lol! Awesome i'm indian so this made me feel quite happy lol keep it up dude!

I just read your whole story took me a good few hours lol! Awesome i'm indian so this made me feel quite happy lol keep it up dude!

Cheers mate, glad your enjoying it.

Always wondered if there were any Indians out there reading! Hope i haven't made too many mistakes. Lol

View attachment 309754

India Qualify for Second Round!

Don't Panic Socceroo fan's, despite India's 2-0 defeat to the Aussies, the Blue Tigers have still managed to make it through to the second round of the Asian Cup as one of the lucky 3rd placed teams.

With only 7 groups the competition then rewards the two best placed sides who finish 3rd in their respective groups with progression to the second round.

India's superior goals scored record has seen them progress into the 2nd round confounding critics who suggested they would do well just to be competitive.

India will now face the tough task of facing Saudi Arabia to progress to the quarter finals & continue their meteoric rise through the ranks of Asian football.

In the other group F clash it was heart break for Malaysia who were defeated by Iraq to send them crashing out of the tournament albeit on goals scored only.

Final Group F Table
View attachment 309753

View attachment 309696

Tbh, I will let the screenie do the talking for me. From all reports the boys gave a good account of themselves against a strong Saudi Arabian side.

Team Performances

View attachment 309695

Taljinder Singh was the undoubted standout for what is a fairly young Indian side. Interestingly enough he is off contract at Salgaocar at the end of the year & is someone I will definitely be looking at when I return to the save.

As far as our guys are concerned only left winger Dika managed to stand out, though I do find it very encouraging that 16 year old centre back Subhashish Bhattacharya managed to start 3 of the 4 games. Obviously I am not the only person impressed by him.

D'Cunha's performances disappointed me a little. I see him as potentially the best player in India ATM but it just hasn't translated to on field performances as yet. He's still young though & this was bound to be a tough tournament for the Indian strikers.

Well that's it. I am now off on what I am calling my "FM15 Mid-Life Crisis" Once again thank you all, will see you soon
:)

Hi Lippo, i am indian...i am following up your post with great interest. i always played indian league in all previous FM, but always my first preference is to play with my favorite team Fulham. I am doing well with them and got them promoted on my first year and won the championship on goal difference.
Since there is no club from my home state in the i League at the moment i will wait till one qualify then will take control of it thats my plan for FM 15 in my next game.

It is very refreshing to read you post and i hope you continue playing and post your update here

Thanks for that mate, i will definitely be continuing this at some stage.

Glad you are doing well with Fulham, i have a soft spot for them since Schwarzer played there. If you dont mind me asking, who would be your "local" team?

Last edited:
See We had some very good team in past like FC Kochin, Viva Kerala, Kerala Police....but now non exist and new team like Josco FC etc is there in second division. I always had liking for Mohammedans. Now planing to take over the poorest team in the league. Randomly...In one of the version in FM or CM i played for FC Kochin and taken them to club world cup and then India to 2018 world cup they reached quarterfinals. Then i signed lots of young players from Brazil, Africa, Afghanistan....and made them stay for 5 years to eligible for playing india ......

Shame to see you take a break from this, but I can fully understand why you would want something different for the time being! Still a great save and I hope you return to this eventually :).

All the best from a UK-based Dutchman

Thoroughly enjoyed this read, Kept me entertained on my skive time from work! Hope to see you continue soon! Enjoy fm mid life crisis!

Last edited:
See We had some very good team in past like FC Kochin, Viva Kerala, Kerala Police....but now non exist and new team like Josco FC etc is there in second division. I always had liking for Mohammedans. Now planing to take over the poorest team in the league. Randomly...In one of the version in FM or CM i played for FC Kochin and taken them to club world cup and then India to 2018 world cup they reached quarterfinals. Then i signed lots of young players from Brazil, Africa, Afghanistan....and made them stay for 5 years to eligible for playing india ......

I had the same idea about recruiting youngsters & making them eligible for Indian national team as well lol. Will keep an eye out for Josco FC seem to remember seeing them floating about.

Shame to see you take a break from this, but I can fully understand why you would want something different for the time being! Still a great save and I hope you return to this eventually :).

All the best from a UK-based Dutchman

Cheers mate, i will definitely e returning to it, missing it already :'(

Thoroughly enjoyed this read, Kept me entertained on my skive time from work! Hope to see you continue soon! Enjoy fm mid life crisis!

Thanks mate, glad you have been entertained by this. Who doesn't love a good mid-life crisis? I'm looking for a ridiculous sports car as we speak lol ;)