Get It India!

• Thread starter Thread starter Lippo255
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 332
  • Views Views 123K

View attachment 307163

East Bengal Player Revolt

The Full Story

Ok, so here is what has happened. The last couple of years, before the Durand Cup, I have been asked to submit a squad list for the new I-League season, now there is nothing strange about that in itself. However, once the season actually begins the squad list becomes redundant, that is I can select whomever I want. Last year I still had to abide by the foreign player limits but this year there are none so I don't even have to do that!

As you all know, in my push to win the Asian Confederation Cup I over bought on imports so when I was asked to submit my squad list I had to leave a couple of foreigners out as I could only register 4. Those players were Peter Opiyo & Dialo Guideleye. I picked them as they were out of contract at the end of the year.

Obviously the players immediately came to me to talk about why they were left out. I assured them that they were still important parts of my plans, they would be registered at the next opportunity & could go on loan, if they so chose, in the mean time. They seemed to be happy enough with that & I offered them for loan with no takers.

However, with numerous players away at the Asian Cup, they became important players for the pre-season cups & start of the I-League campaign (remember the squad list doesn't actually mean a thing! Opiyo has played all 3 I-League matches to date, Guideleye has played 2 I think).

Despite this they are still unhappy that they are not on the list & have decided to revolt, turning the rest of the dressing room against me in the process & causing the board to question my leadership.

For the time being I have convinced the board not to sack me &, in the subsequent team meeting, gave the playing roster a firm reminder of who made the decisions around here. That seems to have pulled them back into line for now but morale is at an all time low & if we don't continue to win I can see this being an ongoing issue & something that perhaps even costs me my job!

Now, obviously I am not without blame here, my blind ambition in trying to win the ACC is the root of this problem after all. But I would have thought the players in question would have recognised that they are still wanted here & are in fact important parts of our push for the title. My mistake again.

I have since tried to move the players to an affiliate but they refuse to leave.

I have no idea how this is going to play out. Hopefully after a few more starts they will forget about it & be content to play a part in our campaign but we need to win! Winning cures everything!!!

View attachment 306699

So the Saudi's go on to win the Asian Cup beating Qatar 4-0 in a very one sided final.

View attachment 306696

Apart from a loss to Japan in the group stages, the only other team to actually give them a game was India! Gotta be encouraged by that don't you think?

View attachment 306695

Transfer Update

View attachment 306694

Made the move for India's Asian Cup star Tajinder Singh. He will join us next year & add even more local depth to an already strong side. Very happy to get him on a free.

View attachment 306619

Results

Goa vs East Bengal

Line Ups

View attachment 306618

With Brattan still injured & my anger at Opiyo & Guideleye still fresh I have decided to move Dika into midfield & give Salomao another chance to impress. Have also dropped young CB Bhattacharya to the bench in favour of Rakib, who was impressive while the boys were at the Asian Cup.

Result

View attachment 306617

Not our best performance by any means but a satisfying win after our off field drama's. Once again Dika was impressive while Shayne D'Cunha came off the bench to secure us the win.

Bengaluru vs East Bengal

Line Ups

View attachment 306616

The early top of the table clash could not of come at a much worse time. Brattan returns from injury while I have selected D'Cunha ahead of Salvador after his late winner against Goa. Bhattacharya returns in defence & Nirmal Chettri gets his first start of the year.

Result

View attachment 306615

A draw was perhaps the fairest result. We were both extremely lucky to get the point & unlicky not to win. Ngasa's equaliser came in the last minute of regular time but in saying that we had an amazing 4 goals ruled out for off-side! All rightly so I should add. Happy with the point in the end.

East Bengal vs Salgoacar

Line Ups

View attachment 306613

With Brattan struggling for fitness & Salomao pulling up lame in training I have decided to recall Peter Opiyo. :S While once again our centre back pairing changes :S

Result

View attachment 306614

Really should of had this result in the bag after 20 minutes. Opiyo was *****, as was D'Cunha & the same can be said of Ngasa. Sooooo wasteful! Once Salgoacar drew level we actually did well to hold onto the point. Our undefeated run goes on but if we keep this up it wont be for much longer!

I-League Table

View attachment 306611

So Bengaluru leap frog us into top spot on goal difference. Don't recall who their last opponent was but they demolished them 6-0!!!

Left winger Dika has, without a doubt, been our star player getting 5 goals & an average rating of 7.56 since his return from the Asian Cup. Diogo Salomao definitely has a fight on his hands for a spot in the starting 11 when he recovers from his injury. :)

Crazy revolt, I just hate it when the AI conveniently forgets your recent track record and decides that players would take up the cause of two fringe players. It doesn't make sense.

Crazy revolt, I just hate it when the AI conveniently forgets your recent track record and decides that players would take up the cause of two fringe players. It doesn't make sense.

The stupidist thing is that, due to a glitch, the squad list they are ****** about doesnt even matter. If they'd just kept their mouths shut they'd be playing!

Oh well their contracts are up soon they wont be missed too much.

The stupidist thing is that, due to a glitch, the squad list they are ****** about doesnt even matter. If they'd just kept their mouths shut they'd be playing!

Oh well their contracts are up soon they wont be missed too much.
Mutual terminations not possibilities?

Amazing story mate, just signed up so I could tell you that!

I'm Australian too so love your "recruit an Aussie" policy :D Hope you can win the title this year!

Amazing story mate, just signed up so I could tell you that!

I'm Australian too so love your "recruit an Aussie" policy :D Hope you can win the title this year!

Thanks for that mate, Happy Australia day for yesterday!

I was actually feeling very good about our title chances until this player unrest. Now i dont know :S will just push on & see what happens i suppose

View attachment 306177

2019/20 Confederation Cup

Group Draw

View attachment 306176

Unfortunetely we seem to have been handed a very tough group. Last years Semi-finalists Maungthong Utd, our Quarter final opponents April 25 & South China from Hong Kong. That's 3 of the top 8 sides from last years competition all in the one group :S

Not the easy group I had hoped for in light of our current (& on going, read below) squad problems.

Pune FC have also been included in the ACC group draw after losing their Champions League qualifying match against Melbourne City 2-0. Here is their group.

View attachment 306175

More problem's.....

View attachment 306174

So just as I am beginning to think that the dressing room is starting to come together again Iban Salvador & 2 other players (forget who the others were already) decide to accuse me of causing the "bad atmosphere" around the club.

I managed to convince the other 2 guys to move on so that we can begin to rebuild some bridges but Iban was not convinced & is now refusing to talk to me. When did I inherit such a bunch of Drama Queens???!!!

View attachment 306172

To make things even worse the following day I got this wonderful bit of news....

View attachment 306173

FML!!! :'(

That's a pretty rough patch you're going through. Both with the ACC draw as well as the squad. Does this make you consider moving? :P

That's a pretty rough patch you're going through. Both with the ACC draw as well as the squad. Does this make you consider moving? :P

Not really mate, its all these little challenges that keep the game interesting for me, although i must admit i have been keeping an eye on the job vacancies just incase lol ;)

Drama queens!! Win the ACC with them and theyre still whinging!!

Ungrateful bastards, right?

I'm more ****** at the board for threatening to sack me!!! I take them from 3rd last In the I-League to ACC Champs in 12 months & they pull that kinda ****!!!

Absolutely brilliant read, have just read the whole story whilst skiving at work...keep up the great work and hopefully you can sort out the current player revolt your facing...i will be following

Ungrateful bastards, right?

I'm more ****** at the board for threatening to sack me!!! I take them from 3rd last In the I-League to ACC Champs in 12 months & they pull that kinda ****!!!

Dispicable behaviour mate.. Sack the lot of them haha! Hopefully you can get rid/sort out the trouble makers and then all will be well! Whats your manager ranking like? Reckon you would be in with a shot of managing India too if that job crops up?

Yeah - get the India manager sacked somehow :P

It's going to be hard though - he's only going to get sacked if he does horribly , and India national team's standards arent exactly high. So i'm banking on retirement before sacking.

I think he should try to get the pune fc job. the problems are going to continue to spiral around if you're not careful.

Speaking of which you haven't shown the finances in a while. You havn't lost your yutes focus right?

Absolutely brilliant read, have just read the whole story whilst skiving at work...keep up the great work and hopefully you can sort out the current player revolt your facing...i will be following

Thanks for that mate, lets hope I can get it sorted don't particularly want to rebuild another club. I've recruited all the best local talent to play here at East Bengal lol

Dispicable behaviour mate.. Sack the lot of them haha! Hopefully you can get rid/sort out the trouble makers and then all will be well! Whats your manager ranking like? Reckon you would be in with a shot of managing India too if that job crops up?

Here is my manager's profile, please ignore the fact that it says i'm a Kiwi. Was meant to be Australian with NZ as my second nationality. That's why I've avoided showing it until now, didn't realise until after I'd started.

View attachment 306042

Haven't done any courses or anything but my stats have improved steadily. Just ticked the "recommended" boxes for licences & badges to begin with. I'd say I'd be favourite for the India job should it become available.

Yeah - get the India manager sacked somehow :P

It's going to be hard though - he's only going to get sacked if he does horribly , and India national team's standards arent exactly high. So i'm banking on retirement before sacking.

Check this out Seano, whilst planning my next move should I get the *** I noticed this...

View attachment 306039

To me it looks like his contract is up but he is just hanging around anyway. I still cant apply for the job or anything :(

I think he should try to get the pune fc job. the problems are going to continue to spiral around if you're not careful.

Speaking of which you haven't shown the finances in a while. You havn't lost your yutes focus right?

The Pune manager is listed as Untouchable so it's unlikely I will be getting that job any time soon. My main interest as far as domestic clubs are concerned would be Mohun Bagan or, even more interesting to me, Mohammedan should they be promoted. They had an average crowd of over 60,000 last time they were in the top flight & it would be a good challenge to turn them into title contenders.

Here are the finances, not looking good I'm afraid.

View attachment 306035

We desperately need to slash wages, even after winning the ACC last year we still made a loss!!!

Thankfully we have quite a few contracts up at the end of the year & I have now built up enough local talent to be confident in not replacing any of my imports.

From now on, assuming I keep my job, I will be focusing almost exclusively on Indian players & only bringing in foreigners when they are of exceptional standard.

Here is my squad list with expiring contracts highlighted.

View attachment 306027

The only players I may consider keeping around are Bhowmick & Sarkar but that will depend on their demands, the rest will be leaving & I wont be using up the free budget they leave. Must show a bit of discipline!!! :P

Back