Once you try lower leagues - it's hard to go back to bigger teams :p

It sure is mate, have started a deportivo save & given myself the challenge of not signing anyone under 22 to avoid the "cliched" wonderkid path. Was thinking about posting it & beginning the pre-season with a tour of India! :p

Thanks mate, glad you have been entertained by this. Who doesn't love a good mid-life crisis? I'm looking for a ridiculous sports car as we speak lol ;)

Haha! I've heard through the grape vine india have some lovely motors!

Shame that you are ending this story for the time being. Was the best story i have read on here and looked forward to the updates. I have tried to start saves up in minor leagues myself but i just get bored easily, think i prefer to have a rough idea on players. I hope you may get back into this in the future but i look forward to more stories from yourself in the future.

Shame that you are ending this story for the time being. Was the best story i have read on here and looked forward to the updates. I have tried to start saves up in minor leagues myself but i just get bored easily, think i prefer to have a rough idea on players. I hope you may get back into this in the future but i look forward to more stories from yourself in the future.

Thanks for that mate, appreciate it.

Don't think my break is going to be too long TBH. Just can't get into anything else knowing this is still sitting here unfinished.

I've seen enough....

This is Coming Back!!!

View attachment 308219

In the immortal words of Joni Mitchell " You don't know what you've got till it's gone.." I was very lucky to find this save straight up, so it's coming back sooner then I had expected.

Loaded the old girl up tonight & have played my first I-League match for the year. Keen as mustard to deliver East Bengal their first title since 2004!

Asian competition rankings have been updated as well. Where will the Indian league rank after an all India ACC final?

Excellent stuff can't wait to read the updates. It has to be East Bengals year.

Awesome stuff, knew this would be back sooner than later!

View attachment 308084

So the I-League jumps up 7 positions meaning we have cracked the top 20 for the first time. :)

The Federation Cup also received a reputation boost rising 4 spots to 22nd.

All in all a very pleasing result. No doubt that all Indian ACC final played a massive part in our increased reputation. Have to make sure we continue to get results in Asian comps now in order to keep moving in the right direction &, hopefully, crack the top 10!

Have included the rankings list below so you can see who we have passed & who is next in our sights.

View attachment 308076

View attachment 308072

View attachment 308001

Lippo Commits Future to

Red & Gold Brigade

East Bengal manager C.J. Lippo has today committed his future to the Kolkata club by putting pen to paper on a lucrative new deal. The contract is thought to be a vast improvement on the popular managers previous deal & ties him to the club until the end of the 2021 season.

Rumours had been circulating that Lippo may leave India with sources suggesting the manager had been approached by several high profile clubs both in Asia & Europe. In brief statement to the press today, however, the reclusive boss reaffirmed his commitment to the club & its future.

"I am pleased to announce that I have extended my stay here until 2021." Lippo continued. "There were many other offers out there but I am enjoying my time in Kolkata & am committed to bringing further success to the club."

Over the moon this is back! Good rise on the rankings! Am i right in saying the Asian cup you won is the equivelant of the Europa league and you are not yet set any places for the Champions league?

Over the moon this is back! Good rise on the rankings! Am i right in saying the Asian cup you won is the equivelant of the Europa league and you are not yet set any places for the Champions league?

Yep, u are spot on mate. ACC is pretty much Asian Europa league, as far as i know we do not play Asian Champions league this year. Thought we might get a spot for winning the ACC but it doesn't look like it. Pune will enter the Champions league in the 3rd qualifying round & have drawn a very tough match against Man City owned Aussie side Melbourne City :S

We will at least play the ACC again. Still not 100% on the ACL. Very confusing at times as the league rankings & qualifying spots are only decided just before the Asian comps begin.

Yep, u are spot on mate. ACC is pretty much Asian Europa league, as far as i know we do not play Asian Champions league this year. Thought we might get a spot for winning the ACC but it doesn't look like it. Pune will enter the Champions league in the 3rd qualifying round & have drawn a very tough match against Man City owned Aussie side Melbourne City :S

We will at least play the ACC again. Still not 100% on the ACL. Very confusing at times as the league rankings & qualifying spots are only decided just before the Asian comps begin.

It is baffling! So they get to go into 3rd round qualifiers as they won league? Hopefully if that is the case and you win the league this season the financial rewards will be decent so you can start having some nice facility upgrades and maybes even good ticket income!

For me, the best part of your story is learning about the Indian league's preseason scheduling. How is it the preseason is so long?

For me, the best part of your story is learning about the Indian league's preseason scheduling. How is it the preseason is so long?

From what I can tell pre-seasons are so long due to the Asian competitions. Why India insists on beginning the domestic season with a bunch of cups though I will never know. ;)

View attachment 307742

2019 I-League

Results

East Bengal vs FC Pune

Line ups

View attachment 307738

So we begin the campaign against last years Champions. Our Asian internationals are still away at the Asian Cup but we still field a pretty strong 11. It would appear Pune are unveiling a new tactic for the 2019 season.

Result

View attachment 307733

A close match that was in the balance for much of the time. Sarkar gave us an early lead but we left it late to secure the points through young striker Darren Rao. A good first up win against the 2 time champs!

Churchill Bros vs East Bengal

Line ups

View attachment 307732

Our Asian Cup players return but, with the exception of Dika, I have chosen to rest them. Diogo Salomao has been unimpressive as late so finds himself on the bench. Everyone has to perform this year, no exceptions!

Result

View attachment 307730

Never in doubt this one. Dominant to say the least. Dika impressed on his return getting a goal & looking lively, while Ngasa also scored & Salvador impressed in the build up play. 2 wins, 2 clean sheets. The perfect start!

East Bengal vs Lajong

Line ups

View attachment 307729

Once again Salomao finds himself on the bench. D'Cunha, Nadhim, Bhattacharya & Das all make their first starts after India's successful Asian Cup campaign.

Result

View attachment 307728

We showed our lethal touch here to make an even game look very one sided. Our run of clean sheets was ended by a Singh-Sandu own goal but it didn't matter as a brace from Dika & goals to Ngasa & D'Cunha handed us another 3 points.

Table

View attachment 307727

So a perfect 9 points from our first 3 games see's us take an early lead. Bengaluru are keeping pace & are the only other undefeated team, while Pune & Salgaocar have made disappointing starts to the year.

Also....

View attachment 307725

That is only the 3rd time in this save I have taken home this award! Conspiracy?

View attachment 307616

Player Revolt Leaves Lippo

Under Pressure

East Bengal management have called an emergency meeting with under fire boss C.J. Lippo today with reports suggesting the managers job may well be on the line.

Lippo had only recently signed a new long term deal but it is expected the board will demand assurances that the manager can win the player group back after unhappy players Peter Opiyo & Dialo Guideleye launched a full on player revolt against the 38 year old.

The players apparently took their frustrations to the player group after Lippo failed to convince the pair that they were still valuable members of the first team squad despite the managers recent additions.

Lippo was unavailable to comment today but is said to be furious at the boards lack of faith given his recent accomplishments. More on this story as it comes to light....