can you declare interest in the job?

Nope, nothing. :S not sure if there is a bug there or whats going on but Its starting to annoy me!

P.S. Sorry for the delay in updates, have just had ****** all game time lately. Should get a few games & an update or 2 done tomorrow with any luck.

Nope, nothing. :S not sure if there is a bug there or whats going on but Its starting to annoy me!

P.S. Sorry for the delay in updates, have just had ****** all game time lately. Should get a few games & an update or 2 done tomorrow with any luck.

i know what you mean. Havent had a chance to turn FM15 on since Sunday!

View attachment 305492

2019/20 Confederation Cup

Group Stage

East Bengal vs Maungthong Utd

Line-ups

View attachment 305491

No real surprises in my team sheet today. This shapes as a very tough game so have selected as strong a side as possible. From their formation It would appear Maungthong will go out to attack us.

Result

View attachment 305490

This is an horrendous result! We created so many chances yet our only goal was scored by centre back Raju Gaikwad from a corner after 2 minutes. We fell asleep just before the half & allowed them to equalise & despite playing against 10 men for the majority of the second half we never threatened to make the break through :S

South China vs East Bengal

Line-ups

View attachment 305486

Made quite a few changes for this match. Some due to injuries, others just to shake things up a bit after some average performances lately. Salomao makes his return off the bench.

Result

View attachment 305478

I was ready to smash my laptop for 80 minutes of this one. Our forwards could not score in a brothel with a hand full of fifties at the moment, luckily our defenders & midfielders bailed us out late here. 3 points but more worrying than impressive.

April 25 vs East Bengal

Line-ups

View attachment 305483

Not too many changes to the side that beat Sth China. Salomao returns to the starting line-up which pushes Dika into midfield. Sarkar remains up top as I have very few other options.

Result

View attachment 305480

Sooner or later our wastefulness in front of goal was bound to catch up to us. Another horrible performance with a defender getting our only goal. Sarkar was injured just before the half & his replacement, Darren Roa (my last striker standing), picked up a knock from the resultant throw in. Unbelievable!

My kingdom for a striker who can score!!!!!

Group G Table

View attachment 305477

So we are not out of it by any stretch. Apart from a tough trip to Thailand to face Maungthong our 2 other games will be played at home & should be very winnable. Assuming we can find someone to put the ball in the back of the net of course! At the rate at which our defenders have been scoring I may well resort to playing a centre back up front to find us some goals ;)

Setting sights for Asian Champions League

Hey man, glad to see that someone is also trying to bring up Indian clubs into the fore front. And what you wrote on your first thread was so true. We've so much potential here. Being an Indian myself and a soccer fan I've also decided to achieve the same goals. I'm currently playing in the year 2018 with Shillong Lajong FC and have reached the group stage of the Asian Champions League! Phew!!.... Although there's a very small chance of me making it further then this Lol. None the less it wasn't easy but yeah I was able to nudge up India's raking within the qualification places too.

Man... from one form of bad luck to another, imagine if you had a world class striker in that league.

Hey man, glad to see that someone is also trying to bring up Indian clubs into the fore front. And what you wrote on your first thread was so true. We've so much potential here. Being an Indian myself and a soccer fan I've also decided to achieve the same goals. I'm currently playing in the year 2018 with Shillong Lajong FC and have reached the group stage of the Asian Champions League! Phew!!.... Although there's a very small chance of me making it further then this Lol. None the less it wasn't easy but yeah I was able to nudge up India's raking within the qualification places too.

Wow, you've done a lot better then i have my friend. I'm yet to even get a crack at the champions league!

Thought you guys might be interested in this. An Indian player being scouted by Barcelona
http://sevendiary.com/manipur-footballer-bidyananda-barcelona-radar/

That's awesome, imagine an Indian youngster signing for Barca! That would be massive for the game there!

Shame he is not in FM :(

Man... from one form of bad luck to another, imagine if you had a world class striker in that league.

Can only hope my luck changes soon mate, if its not one thing its another atm. :S

Can still progress from the group stage, good stuff! Although it seems to be more and more annoying to manage East Bengal :p

Can still progress from the group stage, good stuff! Although it seems to be more and more annoying to manage East Bengal :p

It is getting a bit frustrating but every team has their rough patches so am just hoping we get ours out of the way early & kick on. Really don't want to have to start again with another club!

Yeah it had mostly to do with luck plus I started off with Bengaluru FC as they were already qualified for 2015 Champions League first qualifying round playoff for winning the I-league.

View attachment 305287

2019 Youth Intake

So here's what I was hoping for from my next intake.

1. A quality DM, with Guideleye & Nadhim off contract at years end & me needing to slash my wage budget a decent DM would be very nice.

2. A central mid with a bit of attacking flair. Lalkamal Bhowmick is now 32, he agreed to lower his demands so have kept him for another year but would dearly love a young guy to step into his shoes.

3. A ******* striker that can score!!!!! lol ;)

Here is what I got.....

View attachment 305286

Obviously I was a bit disappointed by this intake. Not a DM in sight, no striker with a rating for finishing over 3, very disappointing :'( . I did get a couple of decent prospects though so lets have a look at them...

Mohd Nasirul Rahman, CB

View attachment 305285

Another young, tall, solid looking Centre Back. Even better he's left footed so should compliment Bhattacharya nicely. Actually quite pleased with this pick up, already imagining the "Twin Tower" headlines in a few years time (assuming he develops, of course). For my own sanity I will be nick naming him Mohd Rahman in the future.

Laroia Elias, CM

View attachment 305284

So I did pick up a midfielder though I am not sure what to do with him. He has some glaring weaknesses in whatever role I look at him in but let's look on the bright side & hope he can develop into a handy squad player.

That's about it I'm afraid, as always if I find someone developing beyond expectations I will let you know but don't hold your breathe.

View attachment 305255

East Bengal vs Rangdajied Utd

Line-ups

View attachment 305254

Gone with 2 up front to try & force a striker to score, also Rangdajied are newly promoted & not really a match for us.

Result

View attachment 305253

Wow, Manesh Sarkar & Diogo Salomao started a game of anything you can do in this match with both guys picking up a hat-trick, finally our at least 1 of our strikers score!!! Opiyo was also impressive in midfield getting a couple of assists, perhaps he is beginning to move on?

View attachment 305252

Always nice to break records :)

Dempo vs East Bengal

Line-ups

Missing!!! Stuck with the same formation that worked last game, while Dempo also played an attacking 4-4-2.

I was forced into a number of changes due to fatigue, an Indian under 21's game & International call-ups for Nadhim, Opiyo, Guideleye & Ngasa which left me very light in midfield. Hence 16 year old Loroia Elias makes his East Bengal Debut. :S

Result

View attachment 305250

Well our scoring touch didn't last long. The only times my strikers managed to find the back of the net were after they were called offside, something that happened an amazing 3 times in the final 10 minutes as we pushed for the equaliser. Once again FML!

I-League Table

View attachment 305249

So after a 6-0 thrashing Of Rangdajied handed us back top spot, we lose to Dempo & hand them the lead. Only 1 point seperates the top 3, 4 points the top 5! A few wins & you rocket to the top, a few loses & you drop well down the list.

Man if you were in a club that had money I'd say you need a decent Brazilian AMC to get scoring together.

have you looked to get a senior affiliation to get some nice money and a nice supple young striker.

Man if you were in a club that had money I'd say you need a decent Brazilian AMC to get scoring together.

have you looked to get a senior affiliation to get some nice money and a nice supple young striker.

Yea, I got the board to have a look for an affiliate, the only one they came back with was an Uzbek club who would pay us 14k per annum. I accepted, every little bit counts I guess. No luck with finding a star striker though.

Tbh, our strikers are actually pretty good. For the level, Iban Salvador is a star but injured, D'Cunha is one of India's best but waaayyy out of form, Manesh Sarkar is solid for the league but will never be prolific & Darren Rao is a regular for the Indian under 22's. I think it's more a case of having to rebuild team morale & get some confidence back into the guys & to that end I feel I am making some progress albeit slowly.

View attachment 305248

Muangthong Utd vs East Bengal

Line-ups

View attachment 305247

A tough away game so have decided to go defensive. Hopefully we can be hard to break down & maybe grab a goal on the counter or from a set piece. Finally made the decision to push Salomao up front.

Result

View attachment 305246

Amazingly we had this game in the bag after just 18 minutes!!! Salomao was a revelation, our midfield worked their socks off & our defenders were faultless. Our best display of the year without doubt!

But, because this is just the way this year is going, no good performance goes unpunished....

View attachment 305245

Finally find a solution to our striker woes & he gets injured straight up. Surely my luck has to change soon?

ACC Group G Table

View attachment 305244

So we move into 2nd place & with our final 2 games to be played at home we are looking good to go through, considering the ordeals we have had to endure to start the season we are still remarkably well positioned in both the I-League & ACC. Gotta be happy with that!

View attachment 304963

Mohun Bagan vs East Bengal

Line-ups

View attachment 304961

Have selected a strong side for the Kolkata Derby. Not only is it an important to beat our rivals but also to keep up with Dempo at the top of the table.

Result

View attachment 304959

???, WTF! For 55 minutes of this game we completely dominated but as soon as we got the goal Mohun Bagan turned into Barcelona!!! One touch passing, deft switches of play, tricks on the ball & killer passes from all over the field. They were unbelievable & this guy is apparently their "Messi"

View attachment 304957

East Bengal vs Churchill Bros

Line-ups

View attachment 304956

Took a few gambles with squad selection for this match. We have an important match against Pune in 2 days time & Churchill Bros have struggled so far this year, so hopefully I can get away with blooding some youngsters.

Result

View attachment 304952

Getting so sick of telling the same old story! We were the better team, didn't take our chances & they ****** a draw in injury time. Story of our season I'm afraid!

Pune FC vs East Bengal

Line-ups

View attachment 304951

Gone defensive for our tough trip to Pune. Also just think this formation cancels theirs out nicely as well. Dialo Guideleye makes his first appearance since his dummy spit.

Result

View attachment 304949

Once again my defensive stance comes up big! Might have to stick with it for a while! Guideleye picks up the MOM in his first game back, looks like he's ready to get on with it as well.

I-League Table

View attachment 304948

So we actually jump into the lead, although both Dempo & Bengaluru have games in hand. In fact we could drop as low as 4th if Mohun Bagan win their 2 games. :S

View attachment 304700

East Bengal vs April 25

Line-ups

View attachment 304699
Have stuck with my more defensive formation despite being at home. This match is extremely important for our chances of getting out of the group & this seems to be working atm.

Result

View attachment 304698

A thoroughly professional job by the boys in this game. Must admit when we missed the penalty I feared for the worst but the guys just kept going, got the goal & defended well. A good result all round.

View attachment 304697

To my surprise I received this message after the game. Turns out Muangthong Utd suffered a surprise defeat to bottom of the group South China, so that win against April 25 was doubly important!

Group G Table

View attachment 304695

So we go to the top & guarantee our progress into the knock-out phases with a game left to play. A fantastic result considering our off field troubles & the toughness of the group we were handed. Extremely happy :)

View attachment 304569

All is Forgiven for Salvador

View attachment 304564
Above, Iban Salvador back in training for East Bengal

On the eve of the Equatorial Guinea internationals return from a lengthy injury layoff, East Bengal manager C.J. Lippo has broken his silence on the supposed row which threatened to cut short the strikers time in Kolkata.

"Look, as far as I'm concerned this has been blown out of all proportion" Lippo started " Iban came to me expressing some concerns & was assured I would be addressing the issue. That's the extent of it!"

"I always encourage my guys to come to me, talk to me about any problems they may have. I might not have all the answers but my door is always open & I would never hold a grudge against a player for expressing an opinion. There is no issue between myself Iban!"

Lippo's statement has eased concerns of fans who feared that last years ACC leading goal scorer my be shown the door early by Lippo.

This year's league seems tighter than ever mate. Hope you can come out on top. Also, well done on progressing in the ACC. Hope you can retain that title, or at least come close to it :)