I'll give this a bash mate and check out the podcast (I love podcasts).

Thanks mate. If you like Scottish football you'll like the podcast.

Worked on a tweaked version of the tactic today.

Chrissy my friend...what general training and match prep do you use? You always keep me entertained through every version of FM...Keep up the great work!

Thanks dude, I have just been lazy and let the ***.man deal with both.

I'll be tweaking it today, fine tuning with Bournemouth and others.

I'm not happy with the amount conceded. However part of me feels with two fullbacks on attack that will always be the case.

I'll see if I can mix this up without sacrificing too much width.

I'll be tweaking it today, fine tuning with Bournemouth and others.

I'm not happy with the amount conceded. However part of me feels with two fullbacks on attack that will always be the case.

I'll see if I can mix this up without sacrificing too much width.

with 2 DMs I managed to have a decent defence with both fullbacks on attack
my problem is however the attacking in my 4-2-3-1

difficult this year

with 2 DMs I managed to have a decent defence with both fullbacks on attack
my problem is however the attacking in my 4-2-3-1

difficult this year

We both seem to have opposite problems, got a link for your tactic so I can look at the DM's?

Defence is fixedish. Still some work to do. Kallemannen cheers for the tip. New updated version will be out in next hour or so with results etc.

Can't see how I can improve it and retain the offence.

I'll amend the OP with new results. Give me 12 hours to get the testing done and screenshots etc. Very happy though.

Last edited:
Defence is fixedish. Still some work to do. Kallemannen cheers for the tip. New updated version will be out in next hour or so with results etc.

Can't see how I can improve it and retain the offence.

I'll amend the OP with new results. Give me 12 hours to get the testing done and screenshots etc. Very happy though.

i feel at DM position the bwm sit a bit too deep,i may easily lose the midfield battle.& IF & ST can't get the ball some time.

but BWM at CM position,its a gamble.but i can boss the midfield if 2 BWM done a good job

i feel at DM position the bwm sit a bit too deep,i may easily lose the midfield battle.& IF & ST can't get the ball some time.

but BWM at CM position,its a gamble.but i can boss the midfield if 2 BWM done a good job

In testing I have found similar. All dependent on who you face etc Working on it.

I think really I have to tweak the player roles and player instructions not so much the formation. I'm happy to give up the middle of the pith as the tactic is built to exploit the wings. Just need to be more rigid at the back for players getting in behind the forwards.

Offensively it's really good though. So it's a case of a happy medium. Give me today. I will fix it haha.
So far in testing the tactic has one big **** off flaw with defenders losing guys getting in front of them. If I can solve that, it's good to go.

Last edited:
Found I was leeking quite a few goals even while winning, Rather than dropping the BWM back and having 2 BWM, dropped 1 back and went DM support, with the BWM in the DM postion still he runs out of position to get ball back and leaves the space, soon as I made it DM sup it covers the gaps left by FB and with support option he still moves to CM when attacking to help if needed tho focuses on those gaps first, since this change, only goals I really concede are from corners.

Currently 13 unbeaten with wolves using this tweak.

thank you for this wonderful tactic....love the way there are playing, a pleasure to watch!

- do might have some plays that you could recommend, for this tactic? :)

Found I was leeking quite a few goals even while winning, Rather than dropping the BWM back and having 2 BWM, dropped 1 back and went DM support, with the BWM in the DM postion still he runs out of position to get ball back and leaves the space, soon as I made it DM sup it covers the gaps left by FB and with support option he still moves to CM when attacking to help if needed tho focuses on those gaps first, since this change, only goals I really concede are from corners.

Currently 13 unbeaten with wolves using this tweak.

Please post your screen shot :)

Ok folks, panic is over. I have managed to tweak the tactic so it works better defensively and offensively.

Very very proud, currently winning the league with Bournemouth in testing in December, will have full results soon.

Until then enjoy.

View attachment 205199View attachment 205198

Nice one, i'll try it now !

Thx for your work, it's really a pleasure to watch the football your tactic provide.