Great tactic as always, TFF!
But I have 2 questions that is more in the general category:

1. Why is it that many of you great tactic creators almost always use the more generic player roles that nearly all players doesn't have full suitability in? In particular Wide Midfielder and Central Midfielder!
2. Doesn't the player roles matter at all? If the positional ability is okay doesn't it matter that the player role is only 60% as long as the player is a great player?

I hope someone can answer this as I have been wondering about this for a while!

Might I add that I won the first game using this tactic 6-0 with several players having 60% in suitability for the player role!

here mate, i will post it also here, so every one can see:

Mate, I've already said it many times and I'll repeat it once more... :) the recommended/important attributes for Roles and the "Star" rating for the Roles that can be seen in the game is total garbage and you should ignore it…

All that was made for total beginners that only start to learn FM in order to give them at least some orienteer to follow.

Only you know what players do in your tactic and what attributes they need to do great.

The game doesn't give you amazing tactics to greatly overarching and all default tactics in the game are very average and also the game doesn't tell you what attributes are the most efficient for roles… The only way to find out it is to spend your time on learning ME. :)

Do you change the team mentality depending on the game? Or if you play home/away or just keep it always on standard?

with instant results

06719-35a39340-fb12-409f-8159-369b9dcef6d5.png

I have no idea how can you make this tactic work with instant result. Tactic is very good, but IR is disaster.

I have no idea how can you make this tactic work with instant result. Tactic is very good, but IR is disaster.

it was the capital one cup, so i didnt relly care about it, i have also played with my substiutions. and i have reading the paet in the op about the IR . here this guy got winger for the highest role which mean i can play instant results

06719-5aea8670-6d7e-4f3e-a06c-920d0b0edadd.png

Last edited:
surprised you closed the unleashed thread, this ones not as good as it, it does seem more solid at the back but im now struggling for goals and deep lying forward gets about 6.3 a game rating

Last edited:
Hope you do another epic 4-2-3-1 like Ultimate with which I had the best results in fm 16

Last edited:
Honestly the AI must counter tactics in this game. The AI for the previous 5 games has been using a 4-1DM-2-2-1 and I've only won one game as a result. View attachment 136013
Any solutions?

Honestly the AI must counter tactics in this game. The AI for the previous 5 games has been using a 4-1DM-2-2-1 and I've only won one game as a result. View attachment 1068948

Any solutions?

Alter that tactic. This is a base for you to work on not a magic wand that will instantly make you win the league.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking perhaps changing the mentality, but wouldn't changing players positions alter the base of the tactic?
Appreciate the response.

Heh, I just won 0 - 2 vs Man City at The City Of Manchester Stadium! :)

Liverpool, the first season, no transfers.

Sweeeeeeeet! :p

fefe.png

Guys, anyone tried this tactic with instant result? How does it looks? :)

Guys, anyone tried this tactic with instant result? How does it looks? :)

If you play with Instant Result then follow the tip that TFF gave at the OP about how to make the tactic work with Instant Result.

I easily won EPL with Southampton, the 1st season, used Instant Result all the time so I'd say it works great with Instant Result.

jkhj77.png

Are the attributes listed in order of importance? If I find two players that meet the stat requirements how should I chose between the two?