Goals Galore 2010 - It's back and it's banging 3 Goals/Game

i see, i'll give it a try..

still frustrated buying new players, i'm not a good manager :'(, last year almost get sacked

koflok, i have 1 problem with the defending.. currently i'm using liverpool, my defenders are ( from left to right ) : Aurelio, Skrtel, Carragher, Johnson.
i don't understand why my defenders are weak against long shots, it seems that they never tried to block or tackle the opponent.
just now i had a match with chelsea and i lost 0-3, 2 of the goals came from long shots by Lampard and Essien. can u helpe me solve this problem ?

Yes try to close down opponent more. When i created this tactic my defender was not very good. So I tend to play deeper and hope my DMC to the work. But since you got better players so its a whole different story. Also before match make sure you 'close down' set to 'always' in the Opponent instruction. It would help.

Also as long as your defender have good tackling I believe playing hard tackling might be useful. Although it will increase the risk of fouling inside the penalty area.

I am currently working on an improve defense so maybe it could help. I did put more closing down and I think it does help :)

Google up and you'll find Show onto foot: "It basically means that your player will stand in a certain place and in a certain way to try and encourage the opponent to go a certain way/use a certain foot."

An easy example by me. You want to force Robben who is left footed (and have preferred move to always avoid using weaker Right foot) to be shown onto the right foot. That way he will be forced to use his weaker right foot and thus not perform maximally.

I apologize for my behaviour, I am a critic. Okay I can stop posting negative feedbacks if you are all so sensitive and want only the positive ones.

But I HOPE you please do not compare yourself with Hancuryahudi. Your tactic is not even half consistent as his is.

All in all, a good experience to know the difference between your tactics and his though.
You have made your point,now stop ruining the guys thread by spamming his thread advertising someone else's tactic.So another guys tactic works better than this for you BIG DEAL! Help your self to a biscuit. Your in no position to criticize anyone's tactics as you yourself are obviously tactically inept and have to rely on downloading someone elses to get any sort of success.

Just thought i'd provide a bit of an update, this tactic has seen me go from 17th to 8th to 12th still only 5 pts off Europe.
Against chelsea away I turned the tempo down and pushed up and lost 1-0 (us both scoring offside goals, only theirs stood) I pushed the tempo up against Blackburn away next game and drew 3-3 after constantly being destroyed on the counter attack.
I think the main problem might be the tempo, and us losing possession easily, but was wondering what I can do to get the wingers to also defend a bit more as at the moment I seem to be constantly trying to defend with only 5 players back.

Will try the ideas with the FBs tonight as I do allow alot of crosses to come in.

Since you want your wingers to contribute in defence, set them to defensive winger. Tick off the hold up ball though, rarely find wingers with high strength but still make them cross from byline.. :)
Make your FB to defend or at least support.. according to the opponent. Maybe tight mark too.. If the opponent have wingers set it to man-mark.

I have written this on the first page by the way.

There all new. So I understand that they have to gel. So should I play a narrower game. Letting Ronaldo and Messi/Young cut in won't leave me to short at the back. You reckon I should keep my full backs back. lol

With the team I posted can you do me a favour and do a player by player guide if you're not too busy That would be ace if you could. Or just a first 11 scenario. Thanx you really are my HERO lol

I don't think playing narrower would really help as creative player will be able to make room better with wide spaces. Btw since you got two world class wingers that can play either side try having them swap positions set on. That will confuse the opponent.

What do you mean by player by player guide? And scenario?

Just kinda how you think what each players roles should be on the pitch etc etc..

So I should keep my wingers playing wide? But how do I stop them crossing so much and should I play them amr/aml or mr/ml.

I dont understand so you have the poacher as your run onto ball target man, but your target man striker is not the target man?

Have you tried your target man as target man and to head to the poacher can run onto it, or does it not work as well

me again, :D

how do u prevent opponent scoring from direct freekicks ? is that something to do with the goalkeeper or there are other reasons ?

Just kinda how you think what each players roles should be on the pitch etc etc..

So I should keep my wingers playing wide? But how do I stop them crossing so much and should I play them amr/aml or mr/ml.
Yes keep them playing wide and cut inside. As they are world-class wingers they will be able to exploit the big space effectively. So no worries.

It will cause a big gap between the DMC and AMC which is not good since most DMC are not really good passers. Just set them as ML/MR with 'cut inside' as wide plays and lowering down their crossing. Swap them around as well.

Think Barca. Wide plays, Messi Henry cut inside. Through balls. goal
Or fullbacks running from deep. crosses. header by Ibra. goal.

Oh i see..
Well the DC are pretty simple really. Their job is to defense. I think in that version there's one stopper and one cover. The stopper one hold the responsibility to stop plays meanwhile the cover is to sweep through balls out.
The full-backs (DR/DL) is set tu automatic by deafult. So their role is up to the tactic mentality. But they will go front to support the wingers. Usually crossing from deeper area.
DMC. An important role.. Closing down and chasing up everything in the field. He can be very effective to launch a quick counter attack when he got the ball from opponent in our half - as said in the first page.
ML/MR are wingers. Well they tend to exploit the flanks and sometimes even draw attention from DC when they cut inside, so good flair is always necessary. Very effective if they are speedy with good crossing for the guys up front. One of the main assist contributor in the team.
AMC. The playmaker. Well.. self explanationary? Kaka type of player. Got the ball, dictates tempo and make plays out of it. Will scoring a lot as well as he will run from deep.
Poacher (in left striker by deafult but if your striker is right footer change him to right, the 'player' not the 'role') : the point of having him as target man is that he will another guy who destroys the opponent's DC. With his blistering pace, he will chase the ball and usually the DCs will chase him - opneing up the space for the 'target man'
Target man : Well he's the main scorer in my team, though very close with poacher. The one who is good in air, i mean everybody will cross to him.

That's pretty much about the roles of each player.

I dont understand so you have the poacher as your run onto ball target man, but your target man striker is not the target man?

Have you tried your target man as target man and to head to the poacher can run onto it, or does it not work as well

Here's my explanation
Poacher (in left striker by deafult but if your striker is right footer change him to right, the 'player' not the 'role') : the point of having him as target man is that he will another guy who destroys the opponent's DC. With his blistering pace, he will chase the ball and usually the DCs will chase him - opneing up the space for the 'target man'

Still again it's my philosophy. For other teams I recommend to just untick the target man and the supply to target man which will leave your 'real' target man becoming a 'semi' target man (his name is in the box but not ticked/highlighted).

me again, :D

how do u prevent opponent scoring from direct freekicks ? is that something to do with the goalkeeper or there are other reasons ?

There are no solution to that. Adding more walls just wont do as it leaves open men.
Other than your keeper's Aerial ability, jumping, handling, etc.. I don't see how your team can stop balls coming directly from freekicks.

Wait.. maybe tall players as walls can help. :p

Last edited:
yeah. gignac as a deep lyin forward maybe? and Bent as the poacher.
yeah i will try get some screenshots, I play on my friends computer haha. :)

Wut you thinkbout this start team, maybe i shoud go with the wingers to cut inside, and slow doen the tempo cuz i losin the posseisson easily.

GK.Gordon
DL.Filipe
DC.M.Turner(stopper)
DC.A.Ferdinand(Zon)
DR.Nosworthy
DMC.Cattermole
AMC.P.Reid
ML.K.Richardson
MR.S.Malbranque
ATT.Gignac(deep-lying forward)
ATT.D.Bent(Poacher,run-onto-target)

wut you guys think, any tips...i´m very thankful.
feels like Reid is not gettin his space too use his 17 creativity and Cattermole must be more tight and aggressive, they jus passes around my midfield :(

Thanks for all help :D

will try get those screenshots

Not sure if this is a GOOD tactic yet but it is defiantely FUN lol and has really made me enjoy the game with 5-3 scorelines lol. Brilliant work mate.

Please vote on my poll for a team for me to try this tactic with, and i will keep everyone updated with how it works.

Hi bro,Thanks alot for ur tips on how to match against team who play very defensive.I think after reading your tips,i managed to beat these defensive teams but i got a slight concern.When i was leading fulham 2-0,i wanted to change the mentality but i had no confidence so i just stick on to attacking but fulham scored 2 goals and game ended in a draw.Just want your advise on this.What would u recommend when u r leading by 2 goal difference...Thanks again bro

yeah. gignac as a deep lyin forward maybe? and Bent as the poacher.
yeah i will try get some screenshots, I play on my friends computer haha. :)

Wut you thinkbout this start team, maybe i shoud go with the wingers to cut inside, and slow doen the tempo cuz i losin the posseisson easily.

GK.Gordon
DL.Filipe
DC.M.Turner(stopper)
DC.A.Ferdinand(Zon)
DR.Nosworthy
DMC.Cattermole
AMC.P.Reid
ML.K.Richardson
MR.S.Malbranque
ATT.Gignac(deep-lying forward)
ATT.D.Bent(Poacher,run-onto-target)

wut you guys think, any tips...i´m very thankful.
feels like Reid is not gettin his space too use his 17 creativity and Cattermole must be more tight and aggressive, they jus passes around my midfield :(

Thanks for all help :D

will try get those screenshots

Make cattermole your anchor man or ball winning midfielder and make reid your advanced playmaker. this way the team will feed it to reid who is more likely to pick out a pass.

I play gignac as poacher and he scores tons but you already have bent so set his deep lying forward role to attack.

also if youre not able to have possesion to much maybe change your starting strategy to control as this tries to build play slowly before picking out the pass.

Hi bro,Anytips on how to beat west ham at upton park cause i tried 4 times but still got trashed by them i tried playing slow tempo also could not even draw.They using the same formation as me and i'm astonvilla.

Defo gonna try this one out. I am with Newcastle gonna start 3rd season.

I do have 1 question though. I have much more players who play as Central midfielders on only 2/3 players who are wingers, so if I use 4-1-2-1-2 (NOT diamond) will this work.
And I am also concerned about my defence. I know you said it many times that i will concede goals, but I am still a bit scared. How my keeper will keep them out :p.

BTW, I have Collicini and Burdisso as CBs.

thanks man. i will try that. i had some strange results lately haha. 2-2 against liverpool which is awesome, then i lost 1-4 against Blackburn.
yeah, maybe its better though too have gignac as a poacher and try Kenwyne Jones as the deep-lyin?

has anyone tried Osei in this poacher role?
My Filipe plays the worst, think I will sell at the end of the season :)