Goals Galore 2010 - It's back and it's banging 3 Goals/Game

Well not that good really.. Just thinking logically and putting some nice words on the way to describing it. LOL.

Man if i was that good of a tactician, i would be the next SAF or something. but too bad im not.. just a 17 year girl kid who can barely speak english hahas. so im pretty sure i wont be getting a permit. hahas.

*getting sleepy now..

By the way, you are running away with it on the best tactic thread. ^^)

Well.. there's gotta be some suitable tactics out there. Haha.
If I may ask what was the main problem during the game?
Does the player loses possession to easily? Crooked defence?

my possession and my defence are my big problems.

mainly since we ALWAYS concede on breaks, after we have close shots they get on the break and BOOM, score.
ALWAYS.

any way of helping to stop conceding on breaks?

i am stating facts,
your tactics is good sometimes, maybe score 3-4 but these are rare, after a few games it cools down and you start drawing and losing against weaker teams. Plus the constant sending off DMC.
the defense is flawed, opponent can just like run havoc in my world class defence(vidic, ferdinand, zapata,ramos, chielini and my dmc is like rossi -_-;;)

plus there is no midfield so its difficult to connect the attacks, most goals are from long shot through balls, thus once my fs is out of form and dmc is sent off, there comes losing

so i got enough and switched to hacuryahudi tactic, and it was more consistent, no loses till now yet so i feel anyone who is having trouble with this should try his tactic.
manchesterunited8.png

my possession and my defence are my big problems.

mainly since we ALWAYS concede on breaks, after we have close shots they get on the break and BOOM, score.
ALWAYS.

any way of helping to stop conceding on breaks?

About the possession.. You got good players so that's good. But if you are having possessions problem maybe there's not enough (flair, dribbling, passing or pace kind of attributes). Not problem though, I would recommend play on a lower tempo and maybe less freedom (I think you have to do this manually as I tick the box if im not mistaken).

As for breaks... well it is one of the hardest part if you don't have enough pacy defenders.
Haven't tried it yet but try lowering down the mentality of your DC.. and set them to not doing anything offensively like run with ball, etc.
For fullbacks, change them from 'Full back - automatic' to support or even defend if you are clashing with the giants. and set them to cross from deep instead of mixed or byline so that they would not get too forward.
Finally on every attacking set piece make sure that there are at least 3 players staying back.. DMC, DL, and DR are good choices.

Good luck mate.. and thanks for the inputs. Appreciated.
Will work on it tomorrow.

__

@iamfengxiao again with the advertising there. you're pretty much drawing away testers that will help me improve the tactics. since youre not using this tactic anymore i guess wont be seeing you around here much yes? (what a sad sad day) :):):)

Last edited:
i'm using that tactic and i lost 0-3 to stoke city, btw i'm using liverpool

can anyone explain, i was so shocked...

man finding this last page to be very frustating.. most (not all, you know who you good guys are :)) saying negative results but no screenshots, stats, explanation whatsoever..

how can i get a clue of whats wrong if i know nothing. lol.. please for those of you guys who also just starting posting here like me.. give more explanation. im no tactic god almighty and all-knowing-without-any-info :D

2 goals from set pieces..
there were also no attacks from my side, the opponent dominated the game

well, let me just say, the consistency of this tactic is... schizophrenic at best.

one match i drew with Liverpool 3-3, next i lose to Man City 4-0.

seriously, this is a problem for this tactic.

So you're tactic is fuc**ng awsome..

Look here, 2 games:

al1a9s.png

2aersow.png

well, let me just say, the consistency of this tactic is... schizophrenic at best.

one match i drew with Liverpool 3-3, next i lose to Man City 4-0.

seriously, this is a problem for this tactic.

is it because your defense is not even pressuring, and opponents are allowed to run free in your defense, and constant red card?

i lost league cup because of that

wait about the red card i thought i have given a solution.
play on normal tackle.
if you don't want to sacrifice it.. substitute the DMC on 60 minutes or so he already have booking..

on the pressuring.. i thought it's too pressuring that allows opponent to slip a through ball down the middle.. well at least that is what everyone else spotted..
dude maybe you are using the wrong tactic this whole time! (sarcastically haha)

fnurlygurly : good luck on that. will help you if you do need help :)

TheGameXXVII : will work on that. have you tried the tweaking recommended on the pre-match meeting.
it's quite a feature for this kind of non plug-and-play kind of tactic. VERY USEFUL. :)

TheGameXXVII : will work on that. have you tried the tweaking recommended on the pre-match meeting.
it's quite a feature for this kind of non plug-and-play kind of tactic. VERY USEFUL. :)

i haven't tried that yet, will try it for next match, thanks :)

cool man. i´m glad for any help or tip i can get :)

maybe this is not the best tactic for my Sunderland, want to get the most of my attackers that is Bent and Gignac :)

Wow This Tactic Is Amazing Just Like How Arsenal Play Great Stuff Thanks!!!

Hi bro just wanted to say thanks for the tactics and i must say its the best tactic i have used so far.But have a slight problem.I'm managing astonvilla but i got problems against team like fulham,bolton and spurs whom the coaches during the the pre match talks says that these team do well against team which play 442 formation.What should i do about it and 1 more thing the playmaker must be set to DM or AM and primary targetman must be set to poacher or targetman?Thanks bro.

My team:GK Brad/Guzan
CB Burdisso/Milito/Dunne/Collins
WB Young/Shorey/Rafina/Beye
WG Ashley/Milner/Boyd/Downing
DM Veloso/Petrov
AM Hamsik/Riquelme
TargetMan Heskey/Carew/Obinna
Poacher Gabby/Fonzo

Last edited:
is it because your defense is not even pressuring, and opponents are allowed to run free in your defense, and constant red card?

i lost league cup because of that
if ur dm gets red, then play without am and sub another dm at dm position. then play him as deep lying playermaker and support. it usually worked me.

cool man. i´m glad for any help or tip i can get :)

maybe this is not the best tactic for my Sunderland, want to get the most of my attackers that is Bent and Gignac :)

You do have decent strikers. Can you give a screenshot of your team and one match stats that you were losing/draws?

Wow This Tactic Is Amazing Just Like How Arsenal Play Great Stuff Thanks!!!

Thanks mate. Glad it's working for ya :)
I do want this tactic to play beautifully.

Hi bro just wanted to say thanks for the tactics and i must say its the best tactic i have used so far.But have a slight problem.I'm managing astonvilla but i got problems against team like fulham,bolton and spurs whom the coaches during the the pre match talks says that these team do well against team which play 442 formation.What should i do about it and 1 more thing the playmaker must be set to DM or AM and primary targetman must be set to poacher or targetman?Thanks bro.

Thank you mate!
Don't change the tactic. I've answered this before. But look below I've post the solution.
And for playmaker, i recommend AMC to be the playmaker. But he has to be really good. You got Riquelme so i think he can do it. I don't know about Hamsik, never used him.
For poacher.. you got agbonlahor. I used to use him as run-onto-ball targetman and it is very effective to open up spaces for your other striker. But if you have no confidence in him you can just untick the targetman box so that your 'big' striker will automatically become a 'semi' target man.

Just added this on the first page. Hope you can find it useful

CHANGES RECOMMENDED:
1. Set your individual's Long Shot
2. If you got a slow team, play tempo to slower.
3. DMC always red card? If after half time, around minutes 50-60, your DMC is on booked, substitute him with another decent DMC. --> Very important
4. If your team is not creative enough, ease the creative freedom maybe 2-3 bars (you have to do this individually and manually).
5. Don't want your full back to be so attacking? So them to 'support' role and make them to run with ball less and cross from deep and turn on tight marking.
6. Still isn't enough? Make them as 'defend' role. Effective against strong teams. And if they have wingers, make sure you tight mark them.
7. Last but not least, DO ATTEND THE PRE-MATCH ADVICE MEETING. Very useful to determine how your team wanna play.
Watch this space.. more on this later.

if ur dm gets red, then play without am and sub another dm at dm position. then play him as deep lying playermaker and support. it usually worked me.

Yes. and thanks for helping me answer these frequently asked questions. :D

WHAT DO I DO AGAINST SMALL TEAMS WHO PLAY 4-5-1- ULTRA-DEFENSIVE AND JUST STAY IN THEIR BOX?
koflok said:
Well we have the same issue. Against big team our performance have been really good. Even during backroom meeting my assistant said so. but against lower teams who played defensively and counter my team have been complacent.

May I recommend to play wider and slower tempo if against such teams. The better build up and wider range can cause force opponent to make a mistake and cracked open some space for better attack.