Goals Galore 2010 - It's back and it's banging 3 Goals/Game

• Thread starter Thread starter koflok
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 975
  • Views Views 284K
i managed to win the league with this with man utd in my 1st season, this is a great tactic scoring plenty of goals.
however there are two tings that need to be tweaked, defence and discipline. then it will be an amazing tactic

I ve played your tactic with As Roma. My team is :

Arthur
Motta Mexes Juan Riise

Daniele de Rosi
Tadei Vucinic
Liedson Totti

Bologna beat me 4-0, Bari beat me 3-1, Inter beat me 1-0, Napoli beat me 4-3, i m on 15th place!!Sooooo???what is wrong???

I ve played this tactic for about 15 matches!!

I think you'r playing players in the wrong position, you should read clearly what he has written before blaming the tactics
Totti is better as ACM as he's too slow and Vucinic should be played as striker....that means you'r gonna have to find two good wingers as Taddei is not very good either.
And you havent said who you play as ACM?

Last edited:
10x....i ll give it a try in my next match against Catania...let you know!!

I think it has got more to do with playing with Chelsea .... i just made both full back amd winger duties to support and made sure i always played Terry as covering defender. But i guess that means scoring less goals too

Well yes.. but still 11 goals conceded.. It's way beyond my expectations.
Yes one of the tweaked I've done on the new currently worked version is setting the full back to support. Instead of support, wingers can be set to defensive wingers with NO hold up ball and byline crossing if pacy, or deafultly mixed on a slower ones. :)

i managed to win the league with this with man utd in my 1st season, this is a great tactic scoring plenty of goals.
however there are two tings that need to be tweaked, defence and discipline. then it will be an amazing tactic

Nice. maybe it's not that hard since Man Utd. But at least it does scoring goals as said :P
Yeah defense is already noticeable since beginning.. even way before I made this tactic. lol
Sorry but discipline as in.. what? Consistency?

10x....i ll give it a try in my next match against Catania...let you know!!

Yes please do read the first post.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

@Tobe2k10 : I found the first problem with your team. True that it has stars galored players, but you do lack 'speciality' in certain areas. You are lacking 3 roles in this team which 2 of them are the most important positions for this tactic : Defensive Midfielder and Target Man.
Gerrard can play in DM but that is not his natural position so dont expect much and so is Kompany.
You have awesome strikers : Rooney, Villa, Aguero who are probably the best strikers in FM.. but you have no tall player who can finish the crossings. This tactic uses a lot of crossing.
Your team also have no DR, Evra and Marcelo playing at the same time? Attacking yes, vulnerable at right sector very very yes.

an update
Bought in Essien and Rafael da silva. And also Drogba as my target man. *How many times can I have this kind of team*
Having rotated Villa and Aguero in the poacher role and Drogba as the target man. They scored 15 or so each on this 20 games or so. Kaka also scored 10 goals with 13 assists. The wingers scored like 5 goals and 10 assist each.

manutd.jpg

Oh yeah.. it's my assistant manager who were in control as I go on holiday the whole time with only 'Use current match tactics' ticked.

This proves how important having the right players is... and also how good the improved tactics which I will release soon maybe. HAHA. Anyone interested? :)

**see how the first games sucks? That's the period where my new players is in adapting mode. :P

Last edited:
Hey Koflok... Thanx for having a bash anyway... I play Davide Santon at right back and have bought Mendes Da Silva as A DMC.

Im doing really well now and I haven't lost a game yet. My worst result was an away draw 2-2 with Real Madrid. My strikers are hammering in the goals Aguero and Beattie particuarly impressing. Beattie could make it back into the England squad (fingers crossed).

I don't float the crosses in, I drill them in and theres usually someone there to score. Ferdinand has scored 11 goals... (From Corners.

I am also playing the League Cup Semi-Final as we speak. Have qualified for the Champions League Knockout Round. Am top of Premiership and have QPR in the 4th Round of the F.A Cup.

Super Tactics... Also Just Beat Man City 2-0 In League Cup semi Final... Beattie x2

Thanx

Which Striker would benefit my team the most may purchase one as I'm in January.. I've bought a few youngsters but still have some funds in the Kitty.

Yeah no prob.. was curious to play a superstar team myself :P

Thanks mate.. Good thing that it finally do well for your team.

Well I don't drill nor float.. But if that's doing well then it's good. Might even try it myself.

Hey can I have your corners instructions? Gimme the screenshot? Wanna tweak that for my next version.

I don't think you should buy anyone if everything is doing well... especially when you have that good of a team already. One that pops onto my head is probably a tower striker just in case Beattie is out of form. :)

Im spurs and i can honestly say i dont think there is a single tactic i have downloaded off this site that has worked well for me, it so frustrating seeing so many people do so well with the same tactics that i download. I keep drawing with the goals galore tactic, only lost 1 which is good, but i draw with teams like burnley and stoke, it does my head in!!!!

Kool yea thats fine ok... Ill post up my team and the instructions. I use your instructions Koflok but Ferdinand challenges the keeper. What tall strikers are there that are half decent.

Beattie just got sent off against QPR... lol Still won 3-0.

WONDER-TACTIC!

You are obviously not holding the lead. Go slightly more defensive once you score or more attacking if you concede...

Jon I was frustrated just be patient and results will come..

Another thing aswell, in the player recommendations it says have one striker as poacher and have him as the run onto ball primary target man, and your other striker as target man- attack, is this correct?

Im spurs and i can honestly say i dont think there is a single tactic i have downloaded off this site that has worked well for me, it so frustrating seeing so many people do so well with the same tactics that i download. I keep drawing with the goals galore tactic, only lost 1 which is good, but i draw with teams like burnley and stoke, it does my head in!!!!

Read what Chris and Tobe2k10 post.

Every tactic CAN work, somehow. It's just need modification by the manager of the team - that is you - so that it can fit right with your players. I think leading and then got draws, it's pretty obvious to play more defensively later in the game as Chris stated if you now that there's a probability to be conceded, especially if you are playing as the weaker team.

What team are you playing btw?

Another thing aswell, in the player recommendations it says have one striker as poacher and have him as the run onto ball primary target man, and your other striker as target man- attack, is this correct?

As for this one, I think I've post this over and over again.. You may play the poacher as your target man only if he is 'good' enough.. as in speedy (accel and pace) as well as off the ball.. The point of this is to exploit the defense with his speed and getting opponent's defense out of place because of his running which will leave more room for the 'real' target man to got the ball. That's why it's also good that they have good passing. But still, they will score because basically it's their main objective.

BUT if you don't got the speed-devil kind of striker I'm talking about, just untick the 'target man' and 'target man supply' box which will leave your 'target man' striker as a 'semi'-target man.

Kool yea thats fine ok... Ill post up my team and the instructions. I use your instructions Koflok but Ferdinand challenges the keeper. What tall strikers are there that are half decent.

Beattie just got sent off against QPR... lol Still won 3-0.

WONDER-TACTIC!

Just the attacking corner instructions is enough. And the corners 'target' like far post, 6yard or something. thanks :)

With so many people asking about 'away tactic' 'getting conceded after leading', etc.. should I create those kinds of set of tactics?
Not gonna focus on that though, just let the managers who are LAZY enough to tweak their own team in their own game use that.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
ok... I have two players Beattie and Vidic at far post. one attacking one standing there then Ferdinand challenges the keeper. What tall strikers are out there guys?

The thing is, there is so many different things you can tweak, i seem to find it very hard to get it right, it just seems so complicated, it gets harder every year, i can be a top club and smash it but my club is spurs and i find it very hard to do well with them, i can finish 5th and 6th etc but i can never win many cups or ever win league. And i hardly ever beat top 4.

Gonna try it in 10.0.1 patch in my Kavala game!I will feedback later!Wish me luck, koflock!!!
I will also make some questions about which player should I buy!

And to put the icing on the cake, you come along with LEEDS and come 2nd in your first seaason!!!!!!!!!!! I need help!!!!!! lol And i keep drawing 0-0 at home!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited:
Its all trial and error I felt like you not long ago. I was struggling with Man Utd. Was being beaten by teams like Wolves and co. Then This tactic came along and helped me. You have to just see what your teams strengths are. Mine is speed and talent. against their weaknesses. Mine is Heaight and perhaps age. so I know what I need to improve and what I need to keep the same.

Back