Goals Galore 2010 - It's back and it's banging 3 Goals/Game

• Thread starter Thread starter koflok
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 975
  • Views Views 284K
I am going to do a Newcastle save again with this tactic and hopefully it will prove to every doubter that it wasn't a one off and these tactics can carry on good form all season...

@Chris Mind uploading specific tactic you are using with your newcastle team?
If u want 2.. would u pls also upload a SS where i can see your squad and on what positions ure using each player??
Sry for bad english im from denmark hehe

Last edited:
I will be doing that and you won't need it uploaded as I will be using default tactics.

My Squad:
View attachment 19773
(If you are wondering about my transfers, monthly instalments, £6.5M worth of sales and board giving me £4M. You can get a lot of money if you put your mind to it. :P)

Last edited:
Hey guys I've just bought Gareth Bale.. I think I might have to sell Marcelo because his (Bale's) crossing is fantastic... A few assists already. I have evra too. But do I need three LB's?

I will be doing that and you won't need it uploaded as I will be using default tactics.

My Squad:
View attachment 19773
(If you are wondering about my transfers, monthly instalments, £6.5M worth of sales and board giving me £4M. You can get a lot of money if you put your mind to it. :P)

Cheers m8.. You're using the first version he linked to, ye ??

Cheers Chris. Awesome as always :D

Oh my goat defenseeeee... what to tweak what to tweak.. Here's what I got so far..

Having two equally lined defenders with 'defend' role, tightly man marking is a deafult. It is good balance and all until when one defender loses it man. The other one can be too late to cover for his mistake. Through balls are also slicing the defense as there is no one to sweep it out of the box.

Leading to the current one. One stopper and one cover. There is a huge gap between the two defenders that can be exploited especially when the stopper one closing down. Stopper is almost like a DMC so I will eliminate this role and it ends up with...

... Back to basic with two 'defend' role as it gives more flexibility. The difference is I tweak it. One defender is on 'normal' duty marking man and the other one sitting deeper with less closing down so that he wouldn't get out of place is 'semi-cover' (the sweeper of through ball) role defender on a zonal marking. It makes good system against through balls, but when two strikers come to the 'other' area, the zonal marker leaves it man forcing the other defender to defend two players dammit. The less closing down also contribute to long shots being easy for the opponent.

Ohh please anyone help me :(

@koflok

Hey, I've been playing with Barca and Liverpool. There i had Pique and Agger as ballplaying defenders with hmm.. i dno what its called in english but its not Stopper / Defend its the last thing u can choose.
Carragher / Puyol i had as std (think its called central defender) and then as stopper.

The ballplaying defender ofc needs football skills (when i say that i mean that he should be good in creativity, passes, technique w/e)

@tobe2k10 .. U should sell the one u can get most cash from i think, as i guess u will be using gareth bale in almost every match :)

Hey guys I've just bought Gareth Bale.. I think I might have to sell Marcelo because his (Bale's) crossing is fantastic... A few assists already. I have evra too. But do I need three LB's?

Haha yeah you don't really need 3 LBs.. I think Marcelo is more effective as left wingers though. :P

Cheers m8.. You're using the first version he linked to, ye ??

yes I think the original one means the one on my 1st post.. :)

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

@koflok

Hey, I've been playing with Barca and Liverpool. There i had Pique and Agger as ballplaying defenders with hmm.. i dno what its called in english but its not Stopper / Defend its the last thing u can choose.
Carragher / Puyol i had as std (think its called central defender) and then as stopper.

The ballplaying defender ofc needs football skills (when i say that i mean that he should be good in creativity, passes, technique w/e)

@tobe2k10 .. U should sell the one u can get most cash from i think, as i guess u will be using gareth bale in almost every match :)

Ball playing is effective if you got more skilled players. Since I'm using Leeds so my team is pretty much very tight on the skilled defender sector. :P

hehe ok sorry just wanted to show u my experience.. hehe
what about just tacking them both as central defender, one as stopper and one the last thing i dont kno what is called in english.. Back-up i think

Well I mean more effective in winger or at least wing back rather than full back.. too offensive.
But still not as effective as ronaldo or messi of course :P

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

hehe ok sorry just wanted to show u my experience.. hehe
what about just tacking them both as central defender, one as stopper and one the last thing i dont kno what is called in english.. Back-up i think

No need to be sorry. I appreciated the input mate. and it is true actually. for a better team having at least one ball-playing defender is effective to keep possession - instead of just playing it directly forward :P

Yeah currently I am on one stopper and one cover I believe is what you meant. For some teams it is effective, for others don't. That's why it is confusing to me to find the right fit which will work for every team. :)

I will normally update every 10 games or so but this deserves a special mention:

Domination at it's highest. Zaki got 3 goals on his debut... all penalties... amazing. (H)
View attachment 19775

Chris... I'm Thinking you and Zaki candlelight dinner for two! lol

Oooh, loving that idea. :P I have decided to not use a defensive midfielder as we have got good defenders. I can now play Sapara and Skjelbred at the same time. :D

Yes, working like a treat just beaten Reading 5-0. :O

Hmm its bit funny.. i can't seem to get skjelbred to my club? He isnt intrested in joining..
Cant get insua either :S :(

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]Chr[/FONT]is, as you've got the Norwegian database loaded, could you check how good Harmeet Singh, Amin Nouri, Mohammed Fellah and Mohammed Abdellaoue are? All are Vålerenga players![FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Back