View attachment 385601View attachment 385600View attachment 385599

As you can see this tactic is working as a treat for me so so far, 10 prem games, 9 wins 1 loss. disappointed what happened in the league cup but thats what happens when you choose to play people like Rodwell and Demichellis

As you can also see i made no big signings to improve my squad, i have only brought in 2 average players for back up and cup games.

i have tried plenty of tactics with City and not any of them have come close to this tactic

will post more at the end of the season

View attachment 577062View attachment 577063View attachment 577064

As you can see this tactic is working as a treat for me so so far, 10 prem games, 9 wins 1 loss. disappointed what happened in the league cup but thats what happens when you choose to play people like Rodwell and Demichellis

As you can also see i made no big signings to improve my squad, i have only brought in 2 average players for back up and cup games.

i have tried plenty of tactics with City and not any of them have come close to this tactic

will post more at the end of the season

very good results there mate, keep on posting.
i'm currently trying it with newcastle and doing good at the moment

I'm enjoying this a lot. Been looking for a successful, pass/possession-crazy 4-4-2 since the dawn of time and I believe this one has potential. Played a few games with Celtic so far and I'm getting great results. Been using my own created tactics and experimented with others for a few and got next to nowhere, I'm utter **** when it comes to this. Plugged this in and winning a few games by 5 or 6 goals. Incredible. I will post results tomorrow, 10 - 20 games in for consistent results. Excellent work, man.

Going to try it, I'm managing now Lille and Argentina,

chelsea play this tactic is going well but in away from the big teams such as the man united lost 3-0 which give the tactics for trips counterattack or defensive? I do not check offensively August

Not sure what to make of it. Great against weak teams, offers nothing against even or better teams. Lost in both cup finals (Charity Shield/Super Cup) having won the Quintuple the year previous (Charity Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Prem and Champions League)
Drew away at newly promoted Leeds is not a good sign. It's no good getting 25 shots away if only 5 are on target and only one goes in. Loads of corners, couple of goals.

To put the Super cup into perspective, I've yet to lose to Arsenal in this game. League or cup, I've drawn or beaten them home and away. Man City are a wrecking ball. They won the league 3 years running before I smashed the league last season.

But there's something about this tactic that's really dull. The play is mundane. It has no flair compared to say Bhagdad Cowboy or some of the others out there.

And need to turn off the keepers distribute to defenders. Suicide. Small passing triangles 18 yards in front of goal. Yeesh.
View attachment 385205

In retrospect I didn't mean to criticize, this is a much better tactic than I could have come up with.

Last edited:
Won 19 out of 20 games iwith bayern 1 draw with a littl tweak.
I use two tactics The regular one for home games and small away games. And for away Dirct passing and much higher tempo

Hi Cacdhee! Did you use this tactic from the very first season? Or did you implement it later on?

Hi Cacdhee! Did you use this tactic from the very first season? Or did you implement it later on?
i implemented it in the middle of the season and i was having extremely great season as you could see in the screenshots,
been playing 4-2-4 at the beggining but wingers didnt participated to much in the defensive line, then i converted it to 442 with some little tweaks

Won 19 out of 20 games iwith bayern 1 draw with a littl tweak.
I use two tactics The regular one for home games and small away games. And for away Dirct passing and much higher tempo

could you please post some ss mate

chelsea play this tactic is going well but in away from the big teams such as the man united lost 3-0 which give the tactics for trips counterattack or defensive? I do not check offensively August

I'm busy at work right now but i'll try to tweak it a bit more and create a tactic for away games when i get some more time

I'm enjoying this a lot. Been looking for a successful, pass/possession-crazy 4-4-2 since the dawn of time and I believe this one has potential. Played a few games with Celtic so far and I'm getting great results. Been using my own created tactics and experimented with others for a few and got next to nowhere, I'm utter **** when it comes to this. Plugged this in and winning a few games by 5 or 6 goals. Incredible. I will post results tomorrow, 10 - 20 games in for consistent results. Excellent work, man.

Glad its working for you bud, post some ss if you can

for big away games, you should make the false 9 close down less, because he is way to forward and needs to drop deep, make sure your DLP also is closing down less and not run wide with ball to hold position in front of defense, and also what worked for me is close down more on my full backs because they're too deep and invite too much pressure.

use higher tempo as well, it has worked great for me, managing to beat United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea away, the only game i lost in my season was against West Brom at home, they countered my team very well

View attachment 385025View attachment 385024View attachment 385023

As promised, some screenshots of my progress.

Only played with Celtic, however going the whole season unbeaten (so far, Feb now) as well as the League and Scottish cup. Got knocked out of the CL and Europa. I made a decision to play weaker sides in Europe, purely to go the season unbeaten in the league and see if the consistent high scoring ratio remained, and success has been easy!

Current team is unchanged, Gauld and Snodgrass in replace of Samaras and Stokes being the difference.

Gotta say thanks man!
Been using an extremely similar 4-5-1 for a while and this 4-4-2 makes up my primary two now!

How is it defensively? I mean the SPL doesn't offer the greatest challenge domestically (Although ^ is very VERY impressive)

But in the big games how is it?

View attachment 384987
great tactic, in the first season i played only with USA, in June Lille approached me to lead the team, after a disaster season for them, love it....

This guys has just wrecked the Match Engine. I have plugged this into my Coventry save and that happened, pictures below but first let me tell you my Coventry city story.
So i started a new save with Coventry, and in my first season, finished first in the sky bet league 1, in my second season, finished first again in the championship to get promoted into the premier league.
In my third season, i finished 6th but won both the FA cup and the Carling Cup.
In my forth season, I won the community shield, Fa Cup, League Cup and the Europa League but finished 2nd in the league, behind Manchester City.
Now in my current season, i have won the Community shield again, won real madrid in the Euro Super cup and i am currently in all cup competitions and the knockout round of the champions league. The only cheating i did was change the stadium back to the Ricoh Arena and increase the stadium capacity to 60000 as having a 7500 capacity stadium at this stage is ridiculous.Granted the squad i have is full of great regens but this has NEVER happened to me before in the FM14 journey.

My Team+History

View attachment 384981

View attachment 384980

View attachment 384979

View attachment 384978

THE RESULT!!!

View attachment 384977

View attachment 384976

That being said i just lost 3-2 to Arsenal with them having 8CCS(!). So its either this tactic is ridiculously inconsistent, that result was a fluke or its just the game being itself.

View attachment 578487View attachment 578490View attachment 578493

As promised, some screenshots of my progress.

Only played with Celtic, however going the whole season unbeaten (so far, Feb now) as well as the League and Scottish cup. Got knocked out of the CL and Europa. I made a decision to play weaker sides in Europe, purely to go the season unbeaten in the league and see if the consistent high scoring ratio remained, and success has been easy!

Current team is unchanged, Gauld and Snodgrass in replace of Samaras and Stokes being the difference.

Gotta say thanks man!
Been using an extremely similar 4-5-1 for a while and this 4-4-2 makes up my primary two now!

Wtf mate, LOL, crazy stuff