I cannot see the SS, would that be possible to uploda them just the same way as the Arsenal Zenit game (the only one I can see. Many thanks

just doing abeen testing new mr houghs 41122 it with striker ticked

so far looks good

did u just tick use target man or also dragged the strikers when using mr.houghs 4-2-2-2 ?
I've been using it with just ticked but no names in the box and seems to be going good.let me know.

I used this one at the Mr Hough rolls back the years (w4nkers version) with Napoli and OMG, Cavani is unbeatable, 35 goals already and counting, you're my new hero man!!
which striker did u give the instructions to?i tried it on the central striker,wasn't working.and did u put him in the list?

did u just tick use target man or also dragged the strikers when using mr.houghs 4-2-2-2 ?
I've been using it with just ticked but no names in the box and seems to be going good.let me know.
ticked and dragged it as-well

i think that most of people here misunderstood the intention of this thread. The post idea was to share a striker configuration that works greatly in this match engine.It work because the AI has too much difficulty defending against 4 or more attacking players,which causes the defense to mess up it positioning,and by that the striker with this configuration takes advantage of it and make himself available for braking off the last defensive line,what constantly gets him ccc's.So,of you want this to work,make yourself a tactic that WORKS,and then feed the striker with a lot of through balls.This isn't going to make every tactic bang goals like ****.It just improves drastically good offensive tactics.The tactic posted in the OP is just a EXAMPLE,it isn't the intention of this thread.

-

Now crags,thanks for the great idea shared! it just made me wanna play FM again =p if i do,i'll test it with my tactic and will share results here. Good work mate!
thanks mate

i think that most of people here misunderstood the intention of this thread. The post idea was to share a striker configuration that works greatly in this match engine.It work because the AI has too much difficulty defending against 4 or more attacking players,which causes the defense to mess up it positioning,and by that the striker with this configuration takes advantage of it and make himself available for braking off the last defensive line,what constantly gets him ccc's.So,of you want this to work,make yourself a tactic that WORKS,and then feed the striker with a lot of through balls.This isn't going to make every tactic bang goals like ****.It just improves drastically good offensive tactics.The tactic posted in the OP is just a EXAMPLE,it isn't the intention of this thread.

-

Now crags,thanks for the great idea shared! it just made me wanna play FM again =p if i do,i'll test it with my tactic and will share results here. Good work mate!

wht tactic you using?
I use my own tactic, 4-2-3-1 so far it's quite good I'm 2nd with Atletico in league, Falcao is my top scorer with 36 in 31 but I want him to score more like 50+ that's why I use this setting, but still can't get him to score crazily. The main problem is he isn't staying upfront enough and sometimes drop deep and wide, and although he is set to target man with run onto ball he still receive many ball in his feet which is quite weird :/ and that's the problem

which striker did u give the instructions to?i tried it on the central striker,wasn't working.and did u put him in the list?

i used the central striker, going perfect also the second season

I use my own tactic, 4-2-3-1 so far it's quite good I'm 2nd with Atletico in league, Falcao is my top scorer with 36 in 31 but I want him to score more like 50+ that's why I use this setting, but still can't get him to score crazily. The main problem is he isn't staying upfront enough and sometimes drop deep and wide, and although he is set to target man with run onto ball he still receive many ball in his feet which is quite weird :/ and that's the problem
try changing his run from deep to sometimes or rarely and/or through balls to sometimes and/or marking to man.Maybe one of these things,or all of them, will make him stay upfront and trying to break the last line.

CRAGSWFC,this setting is amazing.
i just tick it in and its going great,so far.its like too good to be true.so i change back to my old tactics,when i go like 5-0 up.if you put it up for 90 mins,ur bound to create like 9 ccc's and about 8 half chances.hahaha.
thanks cragswfc,ill try dragging them in today?
but do u get better results dragging them in?
do u drag both strikers in?
better one first?
sorry for so many questions.
and once again,THANK YOU.
you are amazzzzinnngggg!

Last edited:
CHANTY,
basically u did w4nkers version and just edited the central striker to op and put him in the target man?
am i right?
sorry for bothering you.but i would really like the 4-3-3 to work since my team is made for that formation.:p

Last edited:
WHISPERS,he was talking about the 4-2-2-2 version.its on the si forums.so both the strikers.for the 3 striker version,just changingg the central striker instructions and dragging him seems to work better.ill try it though and let u know.

Hi W4nker, I really liked your last tweaked version of Mr Houghs tactic but it was so much better imho it should really of had its own thread. Anyway, in this new version with the striker tweak, should the STC be dragged into the target man box ? And if so, should the STC still be the more complete forward type or would another poacher striker be better ?

Set this up last night, but the coach tried instructing me that teaching my strikers to beat the offside trap was a useless exercise with all 3 of them.

Should hopefully see some benefits this evening though when I get back to FM12