Golden Oldies Challenge

Patrick Vieira ruled out for 5 weeks as United sign Luca Toni, Gregory Coupet and enter negotiations with Zambrotta and Zanetti

Patrick Vieira was today ruled out of Manchester United's opening 5 weeks of the season with a severley twisted ankle. He picked up the injury during training on Thursday and is now ruled out for the Community Shield game against Portsmouth aswell as the first 2 league fixtures. However, Man United fans moods werent lightened when they confirmed the signings of Luca Toni and Gregory Coupet, and then revealed that they were in negotiations with Gianluca Zambrotta and Javier Zanetti.

More to follow...

what DB, are you using the super league free players, or just the free player database

what DB, are you using the super league free players, or just the free player database

I am using the super league free players. And thank you lfclover23 for giving me the idea to start this thread. Hope your enjoying it :)

I am using the super league free players. And thank you lfclover23 for giving me the idea to start this thread. Hope your enjoying it :)

did you get that database from this site? If so, i made it :D

Also try get totti

Great idea, i was going to do that on 10, but with 30 year olds, have u released EVERY 31year old from there clubs?

the teams dont have any players because they all start as free transfers

yh tiraths it is your one, and i did already he went to Roma instead because of 'his love for the club'
which is gay, but my strikers are fairly capable so i hope i'll do well

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

thanks for explaining that lfclover23. I didn't release them, every single player on the game has been released, but i am only signing players that are 31 or over, to make it that bit harder

Oooo, no players are snapped up, i seeeee, i might have to try this ... you have inspired me :O

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Link to download the league thing?

I might do 30 year olds though so i can get him, if he'll come back for chelsea lol

Manchester United 2-0 Portsmouth
A game completely dominated by Manchester United ended with a comfortable win for the Red Devils. Raul and Robert Pires were the goalscorers. Played some good football and kept a clean sheet. Good start

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

I might do 30 year olds though so i can get him, if he'll come back for chelsea lol

Who you talking about?

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Manchester United complete surprise signing

Manchester United today completed the signing of Marcos Senna, just 3 hours after approaching him. The Spanish midfielder has signed a two-year deal and goes straight into the squad for the weekends opening Premier league fixture. He is followed closely by Gianluca Zambrotta after he also completed his transfer to Manchester United today.

zambrotta1.jpg

marcos-senna-190.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Manchester United vs Roma

Starting XI: Lehmann,
Zambrotta Bordon Cannavaro Roberto Carlos

Juninho
Beckham Seedorf Rivaldo
Raul Ronaldo

Pires, Vieira and Senna out injured.

My prediction; 3-0 Ronaldo,Raul,Ronaldo

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Manchester United 1-0 Roma Inzaghi (90+2)

After completely dominating for 90 minutes, i have realised that i am lacking some fire power up front even with the strikers i have. Great performance and was saved by Pipo Inzaghi's great finishing. Good performance need to take my chances though. But at least started with a win :)

Good stuff, lovely transfers keep it up.

Thanks owen7 :)

Does anyone think that they can make me a sig that can link to my story?

I thought it was the super league, so like how can u play pompey if using super league against the big teams?

Senna was a magnificent signing m8
and im not sure why he played pompy lol. Community shield possibly

yh i played portsmouth in the community shield. Roma was a league game.

And yh Senna looks class, needed some back up in the centre of midfield so thought of him :)

how about you register for a dynamic sig and make that which will relate to your story. it is simple but yet looks smart and is informative

i thought about doing that but i can't be asked to keep updating the sig, so i just want a normal one, and then i'll just update the thread. So much easier

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

FC Bayern 0-3 Manchester Unitd Toni 30, Rivaldo 45+1, Beckham [Pen 54]

Great performance from the team and again complete domination. Yet to face real stern competition but i'm happy with the way my team is playing and we are getting the results so all in all good start to the season so far :)

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Champions League Group Stage Draw

Manchester United
Olympiakos
Deportivo
Austria Wien

Olympiakos-Piraeus-256x256.png

42-deportivo.gif

Austria-Wien.png

Last edited: