Golden Oldies Challenge

can we have a screenie of your transfers

awesome brazilian centre half

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Manchester United 4-0 Zenit St Petersburg Juninho Pernambucano (16), Inzaghi (36,72), Beckham (59)

Great game. Dominated from start to end, and took most of our chances. Inzaghi looks immense up front at the moment and Beckham is in great form. Team looks like it is starting to gel aswell. 2 trophies already, Community Shield and now European Super Cup :D

Manchester United 7-0 Arsenal Seedorf (5,66), Cordoba (31), Inzaghi (41), Juninho Pernambucano (61), Beckham (79), Pires (89)

Domination! Pure and utter domination against an Arsenal team with Steven Gerrard and Jose Reina.

Wow, great result well done!

Thanks, got a big test coming up, with Athletico Madrid. One of the only teams to get a full starting XI, will post a screenie of the 2 starting line ups when i get to the match

what a result vs arsenal well done their

Manchester United 2-0 Athletico Madrid Inzaghi (42), Senna (67)

Starting XI's in screenshot

Great performance and great win in my first big test. Dominated the game and kept another clean sheet. Still yet to concede :)

Deportivo 0-0 Manchester United

Disappointed with the result despite the fact that i completely dominated. Made some changes to my line up to rest some key players like Juninho and Beckham and it backfired as the replacements didn't perform well at all. One plus side though is that I still haven't conceded :), but all in all fairly disappointed with this match.

7-0 vs Arsenal would of been good on a normal DB, but it's a lot easier when they probably don't have a great starting 11, with probably awful subs, and they won't be as good as they normally are, just a thought. Good job so far :)

7-0 vs Arsenal would of been good on a normal DB, but it's a lot easier when they probably don't have a great starting 11, with probably awful subs, and they won't be as good as they normally are, just a thought. Good job so far :)

I did mention in the post with the arsenal result that they had gerrard and reina. I thought that would suggest that they were the only 2 players that werent fake in the 11. My fault if i mislead anyone. But still, 7-0 is quite a big result. Thanks anyway Kinger, and Owen7

Very interesting.......... although it amy get a lot harder next season and those following as players will retire and you will need to buy players who you will only have for about 2 years and won't make any profit on.

The only frustrating thing about this database is that the CPU teams rarely sign 5+ players, let alone 23. So most games are really easy

yh, but i started a game on this DB before, and i found most computer clubs would only buy about 6-7 players

yh thats the challenge behind it, but of course players will be at clubs by next season aswell... so will be even harder to sign them as i'll have to pay. But at least it will give me a reason to stick with the game - at least until FM 10 comes out

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

yh i did mention that on the the first page, but then in the league, i think it is only Porto that have a really strong team, and they are probably going to win the league with ease! But anyway, got AC Milan next, and they only have Iker Casillas, Tim Howard and Artur Boruc (and he's injured!) so as long as my strikers are firing, i should get a win here :)

TRANSFER GOSSIP!

Manchester United have announced 6further signings in the last 48 hours.

Fabio Cannavaro, Ronaldo, Juninho Pernambucano, Belletti, Jens Lehmann and Patrick Vieira have all joined.
Former Arsenal skipper Patrick Vieira had this to say on his move to the Old Trafford club," It's a great opportunity for me. I've been out of football for a few months after what happened at Inter Milan and now I'm ready to do a good job for Manchester United."
After being asked about whether he thought about the Arsenal fans while considering the move, he replied simply. "No, not at all."

More to follow...

How could you Vieira :'(