GOOAALL-262-FM13.3.3 by Jesaustralia - The best tactic I've seen for FM13

I have updated the front page with new details about the tactic, its a good idea to check it becourse it is a little complex alot of important details, but if you write everything down for your own personal use you will probably be able to succeed more with this tactic than you normaly would. Everyone new to this tactic the front page has all the information you need

Cheers

Bit delayed on posting this up... 2nd season was almost mainly with V2...

View attachment 630255

3rd season with Man City was done with only V1 as I found the previous season a bit unpredictable away from home..

View attachment 630258

This is very cool and I thank you for these screenshots I have posted them on the front page as well for people to see.

The English premier League is the hardest league more competitive teams than spain for instance, so I think your results are pretty good. However I think you could do even better lots depend on the quality of the players do you care to share your squad? it would be good for me too see it. I'm not doubting your team is good I just wonder if its good enough yet.

Also I'm gonna share this with you becourse this is very important!. Sorry about the bolded text I don't seem to be able to unbold highly annoying!

READ THIS CAREFULLY! the training is set to (Team cohesion - high - 40% - Attacking Movement and rest after match) individually set your match training the day before the match if playing away to Team Work (Key is possession so team work is extremely important, but don't change the default attacking movement.) This has an effect! - What also have an effect isplayer conditioning after each match I rest players according to how much conditioning they got left under 70=a week - 73-74=3days 75-77=2days 78-84=1day players 85 and above don't rest extra. In team training you still tick rest after match.

Try and use the above strategy for a season and see how things go. Tip If some positions perform really well you don't want them to rotate with other players too much for example my Poacher FERRAND scoring 64 goals or some defender that averages 8.50 you want them to start in as many matches as possible even though it will leave other talent out. I know its painful too leave players on the bench, but playing the best players as many matches as possible will get you the best results.

Cheers and thanks to all who contributes with screenshots and take an interest in this tactic.

This is the squad... Some of the players will be moving on and others arriving before start of the 4th season... I also have always done the resting of players after matches...

View attachment 362104

View attachment 631162
The best XI, 5 of them are free transfers, Goretzka a loanee from Schalke. Rest of them cost me $64.450.000, pretty huge amount for Valladolid. Hughes alone cost me $13.750.000.

View attachment 631172
End of season, Barca and Madrid are totally overpowered..

View attachment 631175
A win against Madrid, after failing to do it in first 2 seasons..

View attachment 631191 View attachment 631200
Our biggest wins..

very nice! - now in a few season you will overcome the 2 big if you continue to grow, but great result with those players I think.

I will add it to the front page later on, but one question how do you like play on the pitch?

very nice! - now in a few season you will overcome the 2 big if you continue to grow, but great result with those players I think.

I will add it to the front page later on, but one question how do you like play on the pitch?
if you asking about my opinion about how my team plays with the tactic, well.. i think it was still weak on defensive corners, david luiz and varane destroyed my net easily by headers (swapped ospina (183 cm) with a decent tall regen (194 cm) and still get a beating from a non league team from corners, so i guess goalie is not a problem)

and the second one, the wingbacks and their tracking back ability, crosses are overpowered and those two guys sometimes late to cover the wingers.. not always, but always threatening :/

i haven't try the v2 though :p

This tactic works fine for me. But on away games and sometimes in defence...not as I expected.I will finish my entire season with PSG with this tactic and depends on results will try another or no.Im using original version,im not sure about try v.2 I read is better in defence but v1 is less offensive. But looks very nice on your save ;) good work.

Last edited:
This tactic works fine for me. But on away games and sometimes in defence...not as I expected.I will finish my entire season with PSG with this tactic and depends on results will try another or no.Im using original version,im not sure about try v.2 I read is better in defence but v1 is less offensive. But looks very nice on your save ;) good work.

I think it is as simple as this, all my players are the best in each position in the game, well actually not, but they have a very high level, I also think its important to do the training in the right way, played the champions league final vs. Middlesbrough which is a team that I build up for the arrigo sacchi 442 after 90 minutes they had 0 shots against my 19 or something like that and i ended up losing the penalty shootout. With the right players its a very dominating tactic and its really nice to look at in my opinion, but it also screams high demands and perfectionism to get to work, becourse all little detail will influence the outcomes, like resting players individually like getting your team to "Die for each other" which I never got it too in my success season.

I think alot of tactics out their can become very successful doing all the small details, the part about managing your club and not being lazy just . Now I have fallen over Marcelo's tactic and I think that tactic deserves a chance with my Barcelona team just to see how far can this team take it with that formation, his Barrcelona example 177-13 in goal difference was very inspiring so it will be interesting to see what I can do with it. Normally I'm not a fan of winger formations, but if it works it works and then it deserves any interest it can get.

This doesn't mean I am giving up on my own tactic, just a break from it to explore another tactic.

Version 1 is the most offensive the one I got the highest victories VS. Krasnodar 10-1 a good russian team
My season was a mixture between version1 and 2 becourse I was experimenting, I would like to do a season with just version 1 doing all the right things, becourse I did see some potential in this tactic I also think it can be improved, so maybe a future version will created.

i screwed up my original san marino save and ended up starting from scratch. I created a team of my own starting in conference north with top training facilities etc and added several past international players as backroom staff. I based my team from san marino and it starts with san marino re gens but i started with the national team and ive been using tactic 1 and 2 had a few interesting wins. Im currently in 2016 and suffering from severe nose bleeds as im 54th in the recent world rankings:

View attachment 356346

But the shocker of my career is getting wins against Croatia, Montenegro and Bulgaria and im currently sitting joint 2nd with England in the World Cup Qualifiers:

View attachment 356345

I cant believe how awesome the team has become the regens are amazing even if we do lose 3-0 or a bit worse mostly but were going up and up so thank you for these tactics.

i screwed up my original san marino save and ended up starting from scratch. I created a team of my own starting in conference north with top training facilities etc and added several past international players as backroom staff. I based my team from san marino and it starts with san marino re gens but i started with the national team and ive been using tactic 1 and 2 had a few interesting wins. Im currently in 2016 and suffering from severe nose bleeds as im 54th in the recent world rankings:

View attachment 643648

But the shocker of my career is getting wins against Croatia, Montenegro and Bulgaria and im currently sitting joint 2nd with England in the World Cup Qualifiers:

View attachment 643650

I cant believe how awesome the team has become the regens are amazing even if we do lose 3-0 or a bit worse mostly but were going up and up so thank you for these tactics.

Well that's great - I keep telling people this tactic has alot of potential and it gets better the better players you have, I think it will be especially good if you develope your own players becourse this tactic will take off when your team are willing to die for each other, i ofcourse think version 1 is the best one to use and recommend only to use that one. I hope your success will continue keep us updated.

cheers

Hey guys.....trying this out with Blackburn (LFC Marshall's Update). Starting to work nicely. I chose standard pitch size btw...not sure if anyone has any recommendations on that for future reference. I had the same issues as everyone else with set pieces so I did some research and found the following link:

Set Pieces in Football Manager | FM Academy

Ignoring the attacking corner one obviously, I implemented the ideas contained there and low and behold, massive massive improvement....really solid on set pieces now. Just changed the attacking free kicks to best header and hopefully will see some goals come my way.

Hey guys.....trying this out with Blackburn (LFC Marshall's Update). Starting to work nicely. I chose standard pitch size btw...not sure if anyone has any recommendations on that for future reference. I had the same issues as everyone else with set pieces so I did some research and found the following link:

Set Pieces in Football Manager | FM Academy

Ignoring the attacking corner one obviously, I implemented the ideas contained there and low and behold, massive massive improvement....really solid on set pieces now. Just changed the attacking free kicks to best header and hopefully will see some goals come my way.

Cool let us know how you go!

About setpieces I think the Attacking corner setup is close to perfect already and shouldn't be tampered with. Look at the image below and zoom into Mark George 22 goals from 45 appearances all from corners 15 jum 19 head

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...seen-fm13-f.c.-barcelona_-squad-players-3.png

his attributes

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...een-fm13-mark-george_-overview-attributes.png

I train all my defenders to learn preferred move "shot with power" it gives them an extra advantage in my experience
A good corner taker is always good, but i dont care if its in or out swinging kicks to be honest for me everything works.

Defending corners try and tweak that theirs some good tips on the page you advertised the same goes for Free kicks - defending free kicks and throw-ins

these are areas that can improve this tactic if you can create something workable, but Attacking Corners I doubt you can make better and shouldn't be touched as its already proven successful. When all that is said players are equally as important if not more important that these setups, if your players are not up for it it won't work, but the requirements are small so they should work.

Cheers

ok well think reality sank in as we went from a great performing nation back to old school amateurs as we dropped from as high as 51 in the world all the way down to 111 in the world but the latest good news is we just played Poland in a European champ qualifier and beat them 3-2 so im now on 6 points out of 4 games and were 3rd in the group on the same points as Poland.

View attachment 355770

My 2 main strikers are doing great at domestic level as one is at chelsea and the other is in the lower leagues in Germany:

Christian Mina (Plays for Furth)

View attachment 355768

and Alessandro Franciosi (Plays for Chelsea)

View attachment 355767

So roll on my San Marino team just wished i had taken up my Darlington team to use your instructions to make the players better. I know we are not gonna reach the levels of greatness but having one player playing games at Chelsea and is worth over 16m must mean were doing something right.

Hi guys I'm experimenting a little with my tactic, I moved the wingbacks to the ML/R position and then I changed individual orders for all midfielders I also made the SCR connect more with the midfield and changed his passing from direct to short with the result that the SCR looks more dangerous. What I find interesting is they look better playing away from home, but it is still early stages My team is not yet fluid so I will expect even better performances and my team gel level is currently only at strong so when at die for each other I can expect even better performances than better performances :)

I also changed the team mentality to overload, and gave several players through balls often CMR/L I ticked crossing slider to rare.

Let me know if you are interested in trying this version 4

Alright Nikkelman but please update your progress positive or negative and as always tactic needs 100% fluidity Team cohesion - attacking movement - Team level= Die for each other - but strong team cohesion can work.

Its a tactic that has changed alot from version 1, but many simularities. The wingers needs to be wingers and if they are capable of finishing as well as doing the wing duties its an extra weapon/bonus. I don't care if they use left or right foot infact I have a striker playing Left winger/midfielder and he is right footed, it will probably not hurt if the wingers has good passing though. SCR I use my best creative forward and he connect play with the midfield but I feel this position become more dangerous this way oh and he also have the preferred move shot with power, but he is more a complete forward maybe lacking a little compared to an attacking midfielder or trequartista, what I mean is he still needs to be a striking force before anything else.

The 4th version look like this
View attachment 354170

DOWNLOAD HERE

I have optimized version 4 which just now became version 7 setpieces, corners and freekick so its now Version 7 and is the recommended download below

DOWNLOAD VERSION 7 HERE

Anyone trying this look at information on first page about players and training and then give some feedback in this thread.

Cheers

Last edited:
And also what PPMs for the anchor man role for THIS particular formation? (presuming this isn't ocvered by non dribbling midfielder section)....research says the following for a generic anchorman:

Marks opponents tightly

Runs Rarely with ball

Stays back at all times

Plays no through balls

Stops play

Plays short simple passes

And also what PPMs for the anchor man role for THIS particular formation? (presuming this isn't ocvered by non dribbling midfielder section)....research says the following for a generic anchorman:

Marks opponents tightly

Runs Rarely with ball

Stays back at all times

Plays no through balls

Stops play

Plays short simple passes

I have 4-5 players who can play anchorman, and to be honest those I don't always develop a ppm for an anchorman, but if generic anchorman saids that then develop those if you can, I like all my dm types to be creative as well, for me its not as simple as a 1 type development my dms are allrounders as well, and an anchorman I would probably start out with defensive midfielder training for a few seasons, then deep laying playmaker then anchor man and maybe finish it off with with box to box

Hope this helps you

cheers