View attachment 223342#

So this is the current squad this year im going to find and buy a few realistic transfers myself clearly a new centre back and central midfielder is needed then hughton can do what he wants!

So before buying I decided to look at who to sell and I was in luck because Shaun Pearson, Joe Fryer, Jordan Clark and Oscar Gobern contract are all ending at the end of the season so I confirmed that they will all be leaving after their contract runs out which is next month.

Then I looked at the loanees Crump wasnt wanted at ispwich and his contract was due to expire so we picked him up on a free while Obi was available for 300k so both of them are now permanent additions.

Then by adding myself as manager as I was able to look at realistic targets and give the clubs a realistic value here's who I bought:

View attachment 223341

Nick Blackman was unattached and can play at MR hughton's preferred formation of 4-4-2 will mean he should fit right in look at his pace!

View attachment 223340

Alfie Mawson Solid centre back was playing at cambridge last season and did very well cost a few bob 250k hoping he makes a solid addition at the back

View attachment 223339

Jack Thomas picked up from mansfield again another 300k works hard young talented and is a great team player

View attachment 223338

Finally one for the future unwanted at Ipswich the lad was on the fence about joining but a pay rise and the chance of 1st team football was too good to refuse!

Ok Hughton your turn lets see what he can do!

Last edited:
View attachment 223337

Should have known! its ok we had 11m (1m left over) spent 500k on transfers and now 2m leaving us with 8.5m to make sure the board dont use the rest im going to hold off putting it all in the club facility upgrades are good but i need players!

View attachment 223336

Grimsby F.C would Like to thanks Shaun Pearson for this dedication to grimsby town F.C over the years he was instrumental in bringing the club forward and was a fantastic captain over the years.

But with his contract expiring and a poor season last year both parties felt it was time for a change good luck shaun!

Ok Frankly Hughton's signings dont look that good so im cutting him off transfer budget has been set to £0 ill increase in January maybe...

View attachment 223331

So then this is the squad for the upcoming season not bad our back up keepers are shot im going to get rid of henry jones our defence might need strengthing but seems like a good squad Obi is certainly one to look out for

View attachment 223323

Basically this is our starting line up. Ogo Obi is doing well as predicted Femi Sunday the Ipswich youngster I bought is just killing it and liam wakefield has stepped up to fill pearson's shoes who has been here a while as well now so yea my signings are doing better than hughtons! :p

Last edited:
View attachment 223321

Not the best month in terms of league results were in 4th now, hughton got given a new contract but we are in the final of the johnstones paint trophy again hopefully we can win it this time!

Also 3rd Fa Cup vs LIVERPOOL! that should be fun :p

View attachment 223320

A huge difference in the average ratings as we enter january maybe time for one more signing I couldnt find anyone obvious so ill give chris a little money and see what he does

Last edited:
View attachment 223316

Slipping a little bit... in other news joey barton is now a manager and got fired from bristol rovers :p

aldershot are top of league 1.... and Gary Monk is leading walsall in 3rd bah