Gunners set for summer spending

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 122
  • Views Views 6K
ok so by your logic Roman is at the top because he is corrupt, wonder why no one has bothered to bring him down, maybe u should take this to authorities Joss... as if he is the only billionaire with a shady past anyways ;)

Either way if you dont have a business sense you cant make it to the top, corrupt or not and I am sure most of you would agree that nearly every rich man has had to do something shady to climb the rungs of the corporate ladder and I am pretty sure Roman has a back-up plan.... so this is pretty nonsense logic by u 2

Most of Roman's dodgy dealing relate back to Russia. If he has been protected by their government, it's very unlikely they're going to extradite that same man to try him. The oil business is very, very different to a footballing business. You could have an absolutely brilliant IT businessman, that doesn't mean he can translate success to say, a textile company. By your logic, the Glazers are filthy rich and therefore have great business acumen, but yet people will still insist on reminding us of their turbulent ownership.

This summer is going to be a busy one, and I personally can't wait to see what signings Wenger might bring to the Emirates.

How is Gervinho an experienced pro? He's like 23...
Whats Samba actually done in his career thats made him experienced? Finishing bottom half of the table with Blackburn every year?

You can do better than these players and imo Samba is definately not the way to go.

Experience and Success aren't the same thing.

Experience can come without success.

Hernandez for £6m, Falcao for £3m, Lavezzi was 6m euros, Hamsik was 5.5m euros. etc.

That was before they joined the big clubs they are at now. How much would each of them cost now??

I thought we needed players who had won things?

You also need "experience" we've had this discussion anyway so not going into more detail. But clearly Wenger agrees otherwise he wouldn't be pursuing it

You also need "experience" we've had this discussion anyway so not going into more detail. But clearly Wenger agrees otherwise he wouldn't be pursuing it

And I agree with that completely. We DO need experience -- not denying that for a minute, but I don't like fans and others who HAVE said that we need to sign players with a winning background or we'll just collapse at the end of the season, and then they want us to sign Jones, Cahill, Samba and Parker. It's hypocritical is all I'm saying.

And I agree with that completely. We DO need experience -- not denying that for a minute, but I don't like fans and others who HAVE said that we need to sign players with a winning background or we'll just collapse at the end of the season, and then they want us to sign Jones, Cahill, Samba and Parker. It's hypocritical is all I'm saying.

You need to develop a winning mentality, but that is helped by having players who wont baulk at tough times, these will help focus the more talented players. you need to mix the steel with the silk, and the steel is more than just being physically tough, its mental too.

if we sign samba he better be a starter and not a benchwarmer.

That was before they joined the big clubs they are at now. How much would each of them cost now??

The point is you can get those players for cheap. Contrary to popular belief, you don't become a quality player once you're at a huge club. Shocking, I know.

The point is you can get those players for cheap. Contrary to popular belief, you don't become a quality player once you're at a huge club. Shocking, I know.

Oh so what do you expect then Arsenal to sign young players who could possibly turn out to be good players........Oh wait

Arsenal need expirienced players who know what it feels like to win things on a regular basis and they do not come cheep.

Contrary to popular belief, those players needed the experience ready made players, to make them what they are. Shocking i know but Javier wouldnt of been half as effected at West Ham.

The point stands, you need some sort of ready made players in your squad.

I dont get this why dont arsenal just sign Samba, Parker and a batting ram of a striker, to go with there silky passes and then they have the perfect mixture, You guys seem to be complicated this whole thing.

Oh so what do you expect then Arsenal to sign young players who could possibly turn out to be good players........Oh wait

Arsenal need expirienced players who know what it feels like to win things on a regular basis and they do not come cheep.

I didn't say that.

So every single player in the world that suits Arsenal at the moment won't come cheap? Vieira cost £3.5m for example.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Contrary to popular belief, those players needed the experience ready made players, to make them what they are. Shocking i know but Javier wouldnt of been half as effected at West Ham.

The point stands, you need some sort of ready made players in your squad.

I dont get this why dont arsenal just sign Samba, Parker and a batting ram of a striker, to go with there silky passes and then they have the perfect mixture, You guys seem to be complicated this whole thing.

And you can get them without spending a ridiculous sum of money, proven in present day and history.

I didn't say that.

So every single player in the world that suits Arsenal at the moment won't come cheap? Vieira cost £3.5m for example.

That was a long time ago and to get bargains like that is harder these days.

This is the attitude I'm talking about, Mike. Players who "know what it feels like to win" -- but then that transforms into Phil Jones, Gary Cahill/Chris Samba and Scott Parker

I didn't say that.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

And you can get them without spending a ridiculous sum of money, proven in present day and history.

Well the 2 players Scott named, Parker and Samba would cost you over 20-25m for the pair without a dout.

right then, You list a ball winning, determined midfield player, In his prime and a ready made international star, available for under 5million?

Then do the same in CB, St please, if it is so easy in this newly inflated market.

right then, You list a ball winning, determined midfield player, In his prime and a ready made international star, available for under 5million?

Then do the same in CB, St please, if it is so easy in this newly inflated market.

Exacly that, they bought a inexpirienced CB last season in Koscielny for 9bloody million!!!

Well to be fair - we don't need a new DM and a ST.

And wasn't Hernandez a "ready-made international star" since he'd already been capped by Mexico several times and had a good WC? What was he? £6m?

Well to be fair - we don't need a new DM and a ST.

And wasn't Hernandez a "ready-made international star" since he'd already been capped by Mexico several times and had a good WC? What was he? £6m?

We signed him before the World cup. And i also said " In his prime" which he isnt/ before.

Back